one more exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 02:21 PM
91ExploXLT
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am thinkin about buying a single in single out flowmaster 40 series and just puting it on my explorer. But i want to know if it will sound any different due to the fact that i think there is a cat right after the stock muffler? Im gonna do this for the winter and then in the spring go and buy a Gibson Exhaust. So any input would be great, srry for posting a bunch of topics on exhaust

Old 09-11-2003, 02:59 PM
AUBronco40
Senior User

Why bother if you are gonna get the Gibson later on? if you want sound now and can't wait just cut out the muffler all together and save for the Gibson. and I don't think there should be a cat after the muffler they are usually before there maybe some sort of resonator or something.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Texan1983
Posting Guru

that is just a resonator not a cat. i don't think flowmasters sound good on v6's gibson is better, but i think you should give magniflow a look into, they sound great on V6 engines and probably out flow the rest if you want a little hp too. just wait and do it the way you want the first time, no need to do it twice.

Old 09-12-2003, 05:53 AM
91ExploXLT
Junior User

I had a magnaflow on one of my cars and it buzzed like crazy so i paid to have it removed and the stock exhaust put back on. I have the money for the gibson now but i have to many things to do with work and what not. I think i will just but the flowmaster on for now to get my truck inspected and then in the early spring put the gibson on.