broncr, need your help or anyone who has ever installed EFI manifolds /w 4BBL man.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:36 AM
aunchman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
broncr, need your help or anyone who has ever installed EFI manifolds /w 4BBL man.

I have a couple of questions before I buy my EFI manifolds. First thing is I can't find the downpipes anywhere, these are the pipes that come off the manifold and hook up to the rest of the exhaust. I know broncr found some for his, maybe out of Walker. Second question is how much fabrication needs tobe done to the EFI manifolds, I know some grinding must be done.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 09-11-2003, 07:38 PM
galaxiedan
Senior User

I went to the junkyard and got my down pipe for less than $25! I didn't have to modify the EFI manifolds or downpipe at all. When I bought the pipe they wanted an extra $30 for the convertor so I let them keep that. I bought a 3" to 2" adapter and had an exhaust shop weld it on along with filling the O2 sensor hole with weld. I think I have a picture of this in my profile.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:43 PM
galaxiedan
Senior User

After I think about it I think the previous owner of the manifolds did have to "clearance" the area on the manifold right under the center of the four barrel. I think it is a tight fit and caused the intake to not seal right. Have fun trying to bolt all three pieces at the same time! I recommend a friend when it comes time to bolt it all together!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:55 AM
electriczipper
New User

hello, doing the same thing this weekend. The down pipe is walker part# 45166. Took me a week to get it as I think they makem when they get the order. Did a search of walker dealers from bellingham wa. to albany ore. before I ordered locally and they all would've had to order it, none in the warehouses up here.Ya might visually check the boneyards as I did see a setup on a 87 f 150 that came off the efi manifolds that was two 2" pipes that ran all the way back to a collector in front of the cat? maybe just a muffler. Didn't look to close as they all ready had torched off the manifolds(bummer it looked like a sweeter set up than the walker downpipe).Hope this helps.