Just COE talk and pics - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Just COE talk and pics

Old 11-02-2017, 05:01 PM
ingo
Senior User
ingo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ingo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Mixer man View Post
Pleasantly surprised. Very nice work. What are those cute lights just above the bumper? Are you running super singles on the rear?
Thank you.

iīm using these lights as Turnsignals, we need the turnsignals separated from the parkinglights here in germany.
Yes singles in the rear 31X12.50-15

Old 11-02-2017, 05:57 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ingo View Post
Thank you.

iīm using these lights as Turnsignals, we need the turnsignals separated from the parkinglights here in germany.
Yes singles in the rear 31X12.50-15
Very nice work!
Can you give us some details or pics of the chassis, drive train, etc? Or do you have a build thread somewhere?

Old 11-02-2017, 06:38 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
I like it! Good looking ride. Probably gets lots of attention.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.1952 Ford Coe has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 1952 Ford Coe View Post
I like it! Good looking ride. Probably gets lots of attention.
also, 1 year to build???? That's fast!

Old 11-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Ken Newman
Senior User
Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.Ken Newman has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the forum. I love the COEs.
Mine's a project. Taking way longer than I'd like but I hope to someday have it nice.
Good luck with your projects.

Attached Images   
Old 11-03-2017, 12:45 AM
50COE
Senior User
50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ď50 COE Resto-mod pickup

A lot of great project builds posted so far. I am impressed with so much of what you all have accomplished.

Tinmanís extended cab is the best Iíve ever seen... Great Work!
And Pweng ó I am completely blown away with what youíve been able to do with almost no space and youíve self taught yourself with all that metal work. Itís fantastic

This is a few pics of my work in progress. I thought Iíd be done by now but Iím only half way there...

This is how I found it...

This was taken a few months ago...

This is similar to what it will look like...

Old 11-03-2017, 06:02 AM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Originally Posted by 50COE View Post
A lot of great project builds posted so far. I am impressed with so much of what you all have accomplished.

Tinmanís extended cab is the best Iíve ever seen... Great Work!
And Pweng ó I am completely blown away with what youíve been able to do with almost no space and youíve self taught yourself with all that metal work. Itís fantastic

This is a few pics of my work in progress. I thought Iíd be done by now but Iím only half way there...

This is how I found it...

This was taken a few months ago...

This is similar to what it will look like...
50coe nice looking project. What did you use to build bed?

Old 11-03-2017, 05:21 PM
fljab
Elder User
fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.
My grandfather bought a fleet of Ford trucks for his business in the mid-50s including a '56 COE. That truck sat for many yrs on the farm and my uncle sold it probably 4 yrs ago. The new owner wanted permission to keep the old script painted advertising on the doors, so if anyone sees or knows of a blue '56 COE with "George Boone & Sons, Building wreckers, Jackson, Michigan", that's the one. I'm not sure where it went, but think in the Michigan/Ohio area.

I'm heading up next week and there is still a slant cab F500 dump or stake bed, plus an old crane and both have the advertising on the doors; I'll take a pic. I'll ask about period photos of it also. I'm basically curious if it's being built and what the new owner has planned for it.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:19 PM
oneye
Senior User
oneye is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I spent some time searching on Google but didn't come up with anything, there's so much customization. Anybody know the story on the differentials that came with these, factory? Two-speed? I'm wondering what they're like to drive, that huge steering wheel gives you pause.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:54 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Originally Posted by oneye View Post
I spent some time searching on Google but didn't come up with anything, there's so much customization. Anybody know the story on the differentials that came with these, factory? Two-speed? I'm wondering what they're like to drive, that huge steering wheel gives you pause.
they came with either a single or two speed rear. I have a two speed in mine. Great fun to drive. The wheel is big but not any bigger than the f100. ( so I've been told) I never use low diff. I always start in 2nd gear. My truck will run 50mph nicely down the road and with a little push 55. I have the flat 8 in mine. People with the flat 6 might have a different story

Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
50COE
Senior User
50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.50COE has a very good reputation on FTE.
COE pickup bed....

Originally Posted by 1952 Ford Coe View Post
50coe nice looking project. What did you use to build bed?
I bought most of the components from Midwest Early Ford in Springfield Ohio

All steel
8’ bed sides
Steel fenders — we extended 4”

I looked around for original fenders but found only ones that required significant amounts of steel refabrication

I outlined the build in my “50 F5 COE Build” thread.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...coe-build.html

I hope to post the final rear suspension work and finally starting prep for paint soon

Thanks

Old 11-04-2017, 03:03 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Unless we get some of that global warming, I think the COE is parked for the winter.....

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2017, 06:13 PM
fljab
Elder User
fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.fljab has a great reputation on FTE.
Global warming is hanging in my neck of the woods; high of 84 today. We're going to the beach tomorrow!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:20 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Originally Posted by tinman52 View Post
Unless we get some of that global warming, I think the COE is parked for the winter.....
tinman, I know the feeling. We haven't got snow yet but, they pre-treated our roads already with salt. So, my toys are done for the year too.
​​​​​​

Old 11-04-2017, 09:31 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Decided to strip cab today to put gas tank in. Previous owner did some weird welding to anchor driver seat. So, went further and cut welds to mount seat back in correctly. Looks like i have a little welding to do to make it right. Its strange... The floors not rotten but the metal is cracked. I guess thats the best way ti describe it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just COE talk and pics

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service About Us

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.