2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Closing the Deal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Baldicon
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Closing the Deal

I have a new super duty on order with a late Octoberdelivery date. I earlier approachedseveral dealers via internet seeking their best price on the truck that I had builton the Ford website.The dealer that Iordered from quoted a lower price but with a catch, “if the rebates go up hekeeps the difference”.The other dealersquoted a higher price but said that if the rebates go up, I get the extrasavings.As it turns out, the rebatesfor my zip code did go up $500, so dealer that I ordered from keeps it per ouragreement.I don’t expect one penny ofit.If the rebates had gone up $5000, Iwould not ask for any of it, that was our agreement.

But I have two additional price adjustments that I feel areoutside the boundary of our agreement. And this is what I want your opinion on.

The first one is the military discount. I consider this to be a “thank you” from Fordfor my military service, and it should not be subject to the “if the rebates goup” part of our agreement.This is not arebate to the general public; it is only for military personnel.I will have a hard time handing this over, asI will consider it a lack of support for our military. Do you think I should get this $500 off theprice of my truck, or hand it over to the dealer?

The second one is the $750 Private Cash Offer. This is an additional offer from Ford that Iwas able to acquire after the truck was ordered.It is not available to anyone other thanwhose name it is registered to, in this case me.Do you think I should get this $750 off theprice of my truck, or hand it over to the dealer?

I think both are outside the boundary of the “if the rebatesgo up” part of the deal. Please let meknow what you think, I don’t want to be unreasonable. I really don’t need the truck until nextsummer, that’s when we order the new 5th wheel. The salesman seems to be a standup guy.He did not require a deposit and said if Ichange my mind they would simply put the truck on the lot.

One final question, can I stack both of these discounts?

Old 10-09-2017, 08:13 AM
j759ll
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baldicon

I have a new super duty on order with a late Octoberdelivery date. I earlier approachedseveral dealers via internet seeking their best price on the truck that I had builton the Ford website.The dealer that Iordered from quoted a lower price but with a catch, “if the rebates go up hekeeps the difference”.The other dealersquoted a higher price but said that if the rebates go up, I get the extrasavings.As it turns out, the rebatesfor my zip code did go up $500, so dealer that I ordered from keeps it per ouragreement.I don’t expect one penny ofit.If the rebates had gone up $5000, Iwould not ask for any of it, that was our agreement.
But I have two additional price adjustments that I feel areoutside the boundary of our agreement. And this is what I want your opinion on.

The first one is the military discount. I consider this to be a “thank you” from Fordfor my military service, and it should not be subject to the “if the rebates goup” part of our agreement.This is not arebate to the general public; it is only for military personnel.I will have a hard time handing this over, asI will consider it a lack of support for our military. Do you think I should get this $500 off theprice of my truck, or hand it over to the dealer?

The second one is the $750 Private Cash Offer. This is an additional offer from Ford that Iwas able to acquire after the truck was ordered.It is not available to anyone other thanwhose name it is registered to, in this case me.Do you think I should get this $750 off theprice of my truck, or hand it over to the dealer?

I think both are outside the boundary of the “if the rebatesgo up” part of the deal. Please let meknow what you think, I don’t want to be unreasonable. I really don’t need the truck until nextsummer, that’s when we order the new 5th wheel. The salesman seems to be a standup guy.He did not require a deposit and said if Ichange my mind they would simply put the truck on the lot.

One final question, can I stack both of these discounts?

if the rebates he had in front of him then yes but those are not what he had to work with if he says no walk away and you will see him change his tune real fast

Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Boilermaker374
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Both those are stackable I used them both when I took delivery back in March and no I don't think the dealer is entitled to either of those rebates I would interpret the rebates the dealer negotiated to keep as the ones Ford offers regionally.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 AM
tibadoe
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
IMO the military and PCO are your rebates above and beyond - I'd find another dealer. They acting like it's coming out of their pocket.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Sound to me like your agreement would be for the PUBLIC rebate offers. Not any private or special group rebates. As such, you should definitely get the private cash/military cash. The Military offer does state that it cannot be combined with private offers so take the greater of those. I wouldn't hand over any cash other than the agreed difference between the 'then and now' public rebate.

Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2017, 09:12 AM
First Dually
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"If the rebates go up..." is what it is. "Clarification" at this stage is a slippery slope that dealers are highly skilled at navigating. Frankly, both sides have merit.

That said, the dealer is a low life for even thinking about doing a money grab for the military discount. As for the PCO, the dealer my be on very thin ice with Ford on that one.

Sadly the industry has way more sleaze bags than not. Let us know how this turns out.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Baldicon
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by First Dually
"If the rebates go up..." is what it is. "Clarification" at this stage is a slippery slope that dealers are highly skilled at navigating. Frankly, both sides have merit.

That said, the dealer is a low life for even thinking about doing a money grab for the military discount. As for the PCO, the dealer my be on very thin ice with Ford on that one.

Sadly the industry has way more sleaze bags than not. Let us know how this turns out.

I need to clarify one thing, I have not discussed this with the dealer, so he may or may not have a problem with me keep the discount(s). I'm just wanting to get the consensus as to whether I'm being unreasonable expecting them. Thanks to those that have replied so far.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Cavalier240
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was under the impression that all of the public and private rebates are from Ford to the purchaser, and the dealer is not allowed to keep any of them. I hope you have a sales contract that shows the sales price before any rebates are subtracted. If you do, I personally would insist on the dealer honoring all rebates you are eligible for, or contacting someone higher in Ford.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:46 PM
think
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a side note, what are you guys that recently purchased seeing for miscellaneous fees (doc fees, etc.)? I know some of these vary by region/dealer.