Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

17C12 Ford F150 recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:03 AM
jds92570
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sawdust102
Here is a picture from another thread, show the dealer this and see what they think about the 21k fine.
I did also read someone else mention the mid Oct time frame.

Sawdust, thank you!! That's what I was looking for....

Old 09-23-2017, 01:03 PM
1wise1
New User
I’m in the same situation. Bought a new F-150 last week and now the dealer is wanting me to bring it back so that it can set on their lot until there’s a solution. They’re wanting to put me in a loner with no indication of when I can get mine back.
Don’t know what to do!

Old 09-23-2017, 01:19 PM
jds92570
Junior User
Originally Posted by 1wise1
I’m in the same situation. Bought a new F-150 last week and now the dealer is wanting me to bring it back so that it can set on their lot until there’s a solution. They’re wanting to put me in a loner with no indication of when I can get mine back.
Don’t know what to do!
Dont let them take it.... I made that mistake...

Old 09-23-2017, 02:21 PM
1wise1
New User
Ticks me off!
This is the 3rd new vehicle I’ve bought from this dealership this year...and they had to know about the recall. It’s not like they did me any favors when I bought the truck...don’t know if I’m going to do them any favors either.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:25 PM
jimmy-six
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think dealers have enough room to store 100,000 pickups. I'm glad I didn't order rear inflatable seat belts.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:25 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Don’t know what to do!
If it was me and I liked or needed that particular dealer, I would take it back.

If it just another dealer, I may try to negotiate some free oil changes or something of that nature.

I would insist on a comparable loaner.
Not paying for a Platinum and driving a XL.

Someone made a mistake, no need to hammer them.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:44 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,596 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmy-six
I don't think dealers have enough room to store 100,000 pickups. I'm glad I didn't order rear inflatable seat belts.
I checked mine on the Ford site, no recalls showing. Mine is Kansas, Nov '16 build.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...s/results.html

I don't think these seatbelts are an option, but rather the standard way seatbelts are being made now.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:46 PM
jds92570
Junior User
Ticks me off!
This is the 3rd new vehicle I’ve bought from this dealership this year...and they had to know about the recall. It’s not like they did me any favors when I bought the truck...don’t know if I’m going to do them any favors either.
take that memo above to them, and have a little talk.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:56 PM
1wise1
New User
Originally Posted by KJ Smith
If it was me and I liked or needed that particular dealer, I would take it back.

If it just another dealer, I may try to negotiate some free oil changes or something of that nature.

After finding this site, I don’t think it was a mistake and that’s what makes me mad. They received the recall notice on 8/30/2017. The salesman, sales manager and financing guy all had the vin information. Surely something in all of their computer software threw up a red flag saying that this particular vehicle was on the “no sale” list. I believe they said we know this guy...he’s bought other vehicles from us...let’s make the sale, get our money and then we’ll get him to bring it back. $60k plus King Ranch purchased on 9/16/2017.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:58 PM
jds92570
Junior User

I agree, but in my case, it was sold to me intentionally. Service code came during finance paperwork, finance called service and service manager told them to sell it, anyway. Let the customer deal with the recall (found out afterwards). Hammer time!!! I have no ties to any particular dealership...

Old 09-23-2017, 10:46 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
If you think they did it on purpose, see what they will give you.
likely not as much as you would think.
If you stay reasonable you may get somewhere.

Thinking extended warranty.... make sure its Ford's.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:15 AM
jds92570
Junior User
If you think they did it on purpose, see what they will give you.
likely not as much as you would think.
If you stay reasonable you may get somewhere.

Thinking extended warranty.... make sure its Ford's.
I hear you. Personally, it's not about what I can get out of the dealership. it's about principles. The dealership put making a buck in front of the safety of the customer. I had my family in the vehicle that night, I bought it. Too make the situation even more difficult, I'm over 2 hours away from them, so it's not like I can go stand on top of the GMs desk. There has been 0 communications between the leadership and I. No explanation, nothing. A salesman called me to notify they had to have the truck back, when it should have been the GM. When I asked for the leadership to call me, I got someone who said they were the sale manager. This person is not even listed in the staff on their webpage, so he could car wash guy for all I know. If they would have handled this differently, I wouldnt be so pissed. Dealerships need to be held accountable for their actions. I am in management and I take responsibility for my employees actions and I, personally, talk to my customers, if there is an issue. Also, I work with computer databases and I can tell you without a doubt this vehicle I bought was flagged in the system and the no-sale recall was ignored. Once the dealership realized they could not complete the process with Ford marking the vehicle as sold in the Ford database, they are trying to cover their tracks and not get slapped with a large fine. However, They did complete the finance portion, so they have their money which all that matters to them. In my entire life of trading vehicles about every 3-4 years, I have only dealt with 1 dealership that actually cared for their customers.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:47 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Good dealers are hard to find...

I tend to agree that the sales folks are all about themselves and do very little "aftercare".

Old 09-24-2017, 02:01 PM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by jds92570
Folks,

Does anyone know how how can get in touch with the Southwest Louisiana or Southeast Texas Regional Ford reps?

Here's my situation:

Last week, on Sept 13, 2017, I bought a new 2017 Ford 150 King Ranch from a dealer, just across the Louisiana border, in Luftkin, TX(2 hours from home). The following evening on Sept 14, 2017 the dealership notified me that they must come and get the truck due to the 17C12 seatbelt recall that has been issued as a "No Sale" recall. After some research, I found out the recall was issued on 28 August 2017 and someone at the dealership knew my F150, along with 11 others on the lot were under the "No Sale" policy and chose to sell anyway.

I know for the fact that during the finance paperwork portion at the dealership a service code popped up on the screen and the finance rep called someone ( I believe to be the service manager) asking about it. She was told it was fine to sell the truck and if there is an issue the customer can deal with it( found this out after the fact). When the paperwork was submitted to Ford Corporate to mark the truck as sold, that's when the sales manager realized that the "No Sale" recall was in effect(so I am being told).

The bottom-line is I am getting the run around at the Dealership, my new truck is sitting at the dealership, and there is no expected return date. I am being told it could be sometime mid-October until I get it back(if I would have know this, I would have not released the truck back the dealership). I have asked to talk to the dealership owner, but keep getting passed to the Ford sales manager. I have paid for the F150, the dealership has my trade-in, and I want my new truck....

I have contacted Ford Customer Care and ended up talking to some who spoke poor English and was absolutely NO help....I was told to contact the dealership for repairs. She couldn't comprehend my situation.....

They only thing the dealership has done is provided me with a truck to drive during this whole fiasco....but, that's not the answer....

Any help/advice is appreciated!!!!Hope someone from Ford PM's me....
I know this is a frustrating situation that you`re dealing with but you just need to be patient and wait for the truck to be released or get any and all money that you put down plus the value of your trade in back from your selling dealer and go to another dealer.

Another option would be for you to request from the same selling dealer another vehicle equipped just like the one that`s in for a recall.

In my opinion, this is the most reasonable option because they knowingly sold you a vehicle that was not supposed to be sold which i`m sure is illegal but then again, some of this is partly your fault because you stated that when you were signing the paper work, said recall/no sell info came up on the computer screen and you disregarded this info.

Let us know how this turns out and good luck to you.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:24 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by GABAR
some of this is partly your fault because you stated that when you were signing the paper work, said recall/no sell info came up on the computer screen and you disregarded this info.
Reread what he said..... The finance person checked and was told to go ahead and sell.
He found out later what the truth was.
Assuming everything he says is correct, he was done wrong plain and simple.

The question is what his true damages would be.

Quick Reply: 17C12 Ford F150 recall