2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Need Some help choosing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:11 PM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need Some help choosing

Hello All,

Been lurking here for several months (just ask my wife)

We (I) am looking into getting an F250 Crew Cab and will be trading in a 15 F150 Platinum 4x4 with all options and 22K miles.

Here is the dilemma, I have been window shopping for a few months, talked to a few dealers, and as most here have stated its hard to get a really good deal as they are selling them, and to repeat the txt from one dealer, "we just shipped 30 trucks down to Houston to replace stock, better get them now" - err - dealer by my work place has 72 on their lot.

I have rebates as follows:
$1500 STD
$750 FC
$500 AQHA
$750 PO (thanks to this forum!)
Total $3500

So one dealer has a July built 6.7L Blue Jeans 2-tone,KR with KR Ulitmate + Ultimate Tow and is offering $38,500 trade
MSRP $74,355
Invoice $70,039
$67,289 +TTL

Another dealer has a Aug Built, 6.7L Bronze Fire Lariat, Every option on it....LED lights, Pwr boards, adapt C/C, Tow Tech, 5th wheel prep, liners etc etc. $40K Trade (think I can get a bit more out of them)
MSRP $73,925
Invoice $69,XXX (didn't catch all the numbers)
$62,540 +TTL

Now I love the Blue Jeans, we have the F150 and our Explorer Platinum in it, but I am getting partial to the Bronze fire (also like Ruby Red) and its not being offered for 2018, although I would prefer the 2-tone, its not a deal breaker.

So the bigger question is, do I go with a loaded Lariat for less money or the KR with a few extra features. I will admit I have not pushed the KR dealer yet, but the "shipping trucks to Houston" tells me hes not going to deal to much.

I ve also looked around alot and I need the Ulitmate Tow as I park in my tandem garage and want the Ultimate KR for LED and Pwr Boards.

Would I miss the massaging seats from the Platinum or the KR? Pby not and the Leather is the same, my Platinum has worn out on the piping already and needs to be replaced if I dont do this.

Appreciate any feedback people might give me.

This will be my D/D, commute is 43 miles each way, will be towing a horse trailer and looking to get a 5th wheel early next year.

Thanks for the input
Kevin

Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM
vancouverbrian
More Turbo
Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts
Hello Kevin

At the end of the day, it is up to you and how you perceive value, color, etc. But for me, I would go with the lower cost one. A loaded Lariat is similar to a KR. Most of the difference is either small things (as they both have the options), or color palate (both inside and out along with badging). If you want to go with the KR, then push the dealer and tell him you will go with the loaded Lariat as they are both about the same in MSRP and large price difference. It might be that this dealer can sell at the higher price and just waiting for his perfect buyer and not elect to bend. Good Luck.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:38 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,523 Likes on 829 Posts
Hey Kevin, as one member pointed out on another topic; First world problems are a bitch! LOL... I have a loaded Lariat and it has all you mentioned except the power boards. I absolutely love it (except the heat roof.) If you aren't interested in the added panache of the KR and you are good with the color combo then I guess the deciding factor would be the $$. Get what makes you happy because the do-over would be costly. Good luck and I hope you get a killer deal.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:42 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The massage seats and adaptive cruise control are my 2 favorite features - I use them every day. LED lights are #3.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:45 PM
vancouverbrian
More Turbo
This Lariat has the LED lights and Ad C/C. It would likely not have the massage seats.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 PM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
yes - Mass Seats only on Platinum and Ultimate KR

Old 09-20-2017, 05:39 PM
rick danger
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go for the loaded lariat with power boards,leds,ultimate, tow tech all the goodies. Ruby red with camel. I've had blue on everything i've had for ages. i love blue. But blue jeans is just to boring a blue for me. I guess you know what truck I'm getting, cant seem to like the KR or PLAT. interiors

Old 09-20-2017, 05:47 PM
USSenator
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order a F350, not an F250. Same price.

I like the massaging seats on long drives. Adaptive cruise will give an insurance discount I think, if so, it may be a free option over time.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:51 PM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by BowtieConvert
Hey Kevin, as one member pointed out on another topic; First world problems are a bitch! LOL... I have a loaded Lariat and it has all you mentioned except the power boards. I absolutely love it (except the heat roof.) If you aren't interested in the added panache of the KR and you are good with the color combo then I guess the deciding factor would be the $$. Get what makes you happy because the do-over would be costly. Good luck and I hope you get a killer deal.
hahahah- yes you are correct. It is most definitely a first world problem and I count myself lucky to have it.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:52 PM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by USSenator
Order a F350, not an F250. Same price.

I like the massaging seats on long drives. Adaptive cruise will give an insurance discount I think, if so, it may be a free option over time.
havent found an f350 yet that is the same price as a 250

Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 PM
vancouverbrian
More Turbo
The 350 is only marginally more in price than a 250 and you get a different transmission, rear end and higher rated payload. If it is only a daily driver, it will make less if a difference but understand why others recommend going to a 350. One downside is in some states, there are higher fees in having a 350.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:47 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I realize this is an easy way of getting out of answering your request but it's extremely difficult to help someone else make such a subjective choice.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:50 AM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by vancouverbrian
The 350 is only marginally more in price than a 250 and you get a different transmission, rear end and higher rated payload. If it is only a daily driver, it will make less if a difference but understand why others recommend going to a 350. One downside is in some states, there are higher fees in having a 350.
I am having trouble finding an F350 with the options I want. I know the 350 has some changes, but from what I have read, it is sticker related and a 250 and 350 are pretty much identical.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:21 PM
lcgeek
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by magiaone
Hello All,

Been lurking here for several months (just ask my wife)

We (I) am looking into getting an F250 Crew Cab and will be trading in a 15 F150 Platinum 4x4 with all options and 22K miles.

Here is the dilemma, I have been window shopping for a few months, talked to a few dealers, and as most here have stated its hard to get a really good deal as they are selling them, and to repeat the txt from one dealer, "we just shipped 30 trucks down to Houston to replace stock, better get them now" - err - dealer by my work place has 72 on their lot.

I have rebates as follows:
$1500 STD
$750 FC
$500 AQHA
$750 PO (thanks to this forum!)
Total $3500

So one dealer has a July built 6.7L Blue Jeans 2-tone,KR with KR Ulitmate + Ultimate Tow and is offering $38,500 trade
MSRP $74,355
Invoice $70,039
$67,289 +TTL

Another dealer has a Aug Built, 6.7L Bronze Fire Lariat, Every option on it....LED lights, Pwr boards, adapt C/C, Tow Tech, 5th wheel prep, liners etc etc. $40K Trade (think I can get a bit more out of them)
MSRP $73,925
Invoice $69,XXX (didn't catch all the numbers)
$62,540 +TTL

Now I love the Blue Jeans, we have the F150 and our Explorer Platinum in it, but I am getting partial to the Bronze fire (also like Ruby Red) and its not being offered for 2018, although I would prefer the 2-tone, its not a deal breaker.

So the bigger question is, do I go with a loaded Lariat for less money or the KR with a few extra features. I will admit I have not pushed the KR dealer yet, but the "shipping trucks to Houston" tells me hes not going to deal to much.

I ve also looked around alot and I need the Ulitmate Tow as I park in my tandem garage and want the Ultimate KR for LED and Pwr Boards.

Would I miss the massaging seats from the Platinum or the KR? Pby not and the Leather is the same, my Platinum has worn out on the piping already and needs to be replaced if I dont do this.

Appreciate any feedback people might give me.

This will be my D/D, commute is 43 miles each way, will be towing a horse trailer and looking to get a 5th wheel early next year.

Thanks for the input
Kevin
What is PO rebate?

Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM
magiaone
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by lcgeek
What is PO rebate?
soory. Private Offer $750 Cash

Quick Reply: Need Some help choosing