1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Central PA Truckstock 2018, plan now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 PM
jcslocum
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abe
Your chassis and engine look great. I hope your body man gets his butt in gear.

Any FTE member in the Northeast thinking about coming to the Central PA Mountain Truckstock at the Bald Eagle State Park near Milesburg PA, let me know here. And you better reserve your camping space, cabin, yurt, or hotel room soon before they are booked.

Read this thread from the beginning for the details. It will be fun.... Ford truck fun.

Missus better 7/8ths and I are booked into the notell Hotel in the park. The flatty is in pieces and the rest of the truck is worse���� but will will throw it together and drive it up there come hell or high water.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:34 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by jcslocum
Missus better 7/8ths and I are booked into the notell Hotel in the park. The flatty is in pieces and the rest of the truck is worse���� but will will throw it together and drive it up there come hell or high water.
That's awesome, Jon! It will be great to meet you and your wife and to see your truck.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Jafo56
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Abe I'm intrested in going......is it possible you can shoot me a call? ......anytime tomorrow if you need my number let me know....

Old 11-14-2017, 08:17 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Jafo56
Abe I'm intrested in going......is it possible you can shoot me a call? ......anytime tomorrow if you need my number let me know....
Will do! I just sent you a text. Hope you can make it!

Old 11-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Indybeer
Laughing Gas
Received 144 Likes on 60 Posts
Going to try and be there for this. Don't think I will drive the truck that far, but will still be fun to be there. My brother lives just outside Montoursville so I have a place to stay that is fairly close.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:53 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Sounds great! I really think you ought to bring your truck back home to PA for a visit......

You'll go right by my place in Lock Haven going from Montoursville to the Bald Eagle State Park. If you don't drive your truck you can drive my 55 F350 to the park as I drive my 54 or vice versa.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
You'll go right by my place in Lock Haven going from Montoursville to the Bald Eagle State Park. Maybe you can drive my 55 F350 to the park as I drive my 54 or vice versa.
Wow! That's a cool idea!

Old 11-15-2017, 05:52 PM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, Soooo what exactly is the Pennsylvania truckstock?????

Old 11-15-2017, 08:02 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Truckstock was started by Doc many years ago as a way to meet FTE guys and to hang out and talk trucks. The first two were held at doc's place in TN. Since then they have been held in several states sometimes at a members place or at state parks. Most have been held in TN or KY, with some in WI and Illinois. I went to the one in KY this year and I got the blessing from the guys there to hold one in PA so guys from the Northeast could attend.

It is not a truck show or contest. Just a way to meet the guys we talk to at FTE and see our trucks in person.

Read this thread from the beginning to learn about the Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018

What part of NY are you from?

Old 11-15-2017, 10:16 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Usually a family oriented event. No alcohol or bragging, no politics, no competition just good fun and a way to enjoy others trucks and the people that drive them. I assume this one will be the same way. Basically if you like these old rigs and want to meet others that feel the same way come to a TS event. There are two for next Sept so depending where you are you can go to this one in PA or the one in TN.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:13 AM
1952 Ford Coe
Senior User
Thanks guys for the info. I'm in central New York. Not the city.. im up where the cows are. It sounds like a great time! I can talk old vehicles all day. I'll have to consider more about making it down with my family.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Indybeer
Laughing Gas
Received 144 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
Sounds great! I really think you ought to bring your truck back home to PA for a visit......

You'll go right by my place in Lock Haven going from Montoursville to the Bald Eagle State Park. If you don't drive your truck you can drive my 55 F350 to the park as I drive my 54 or vice versa.
If I don't bring my truck, I will take you up on that!

I go thru Lock haven when traveling between Potter County and my brothers house.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:31 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
Bumper!

Just a little friendly bumper.

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by abe
Truckstock was started by Doc many years ago as a way to meet FTE guys and to hang out and talk trucks. The first two were held at doc's place in TN. Since then they have been held in several states sometimes at a members place or at state parks. Most have been held in TN or KY, with some in WI and Illinois. I went to the one in KY this year and I got the blessing from the guys there to hold one in PA so guys from the Northeast could attend.

It is not a truck show or contest. Just a way to meet the guys we talk to at FTE and see our trucks in person.

Read this thread from the beginning to learn about the Central PA Mountain Truckstock 2018

What part of NY are you from?

I live in Kentucky, not Tennessee. I bleed blue. Not orange. The spring of 2012 was particularly hot, and some members went to a show (I think it was the Supernationals) and complained about how they'd love to attend a "show" off the beaten path away from the concrete and asphalt and crowds. SO, I put a whole 20 minutes of thought into it, and typed up a thread that was titled "If I do this, will you come....." or something like that. By that evening, I had almost 50 members saying yes, we will be there! THEN, I told my wife about what I had done. As the summer wore on, the number dropped somewhat, but we still had quite a few people show up to my place. After the second TS, it became very evident to me that we just didn't have the facilities for everybody to sleep comfortably. By that time, we had other events happening sporadically across the country. So, yeah, I'm the guy to blame. The best thing about the Truckstocks is the fact that we have discovered that the people on this forum are really nice guys, and we've found a bunch of life-long friends that we look forward to seeing every year.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:50 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
Just a little friendly bumper.
Oh, I get it now! I had to think about it though. You "bumpered" to the top.

Thanks, Ken. Are you planning on coming?

Quick Reply: Central PA Truckstock 2018, plan now!