6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Just venting a little......

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Boaterguy
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Just venting a little......

Just need to vent a little,,,, A 2015 F250 4X4 Powerstroke, registration renewal, $685, smog certificate required. WTH??!! No grace period for diesel powered vehicles. I shelled out $55 for a 3 minute visual check and a scan tool to check for codes damn I hate California.........

Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 PM
2civicrr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat. 2015 F350 Powerstroke & I need a smog cert. I'm planning on getting it done tomorrow. No five year grace period anymore on new vehicles anymore I guess.....

Old 08-23-2017, 12:25 AM
Boaterguy
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
et
Originally Posted by 2civicrr
No five year grace period anymore on new vehicles anymore I guess.....
Gas vehicles get the five year grace still. Funny thing is with all the garbage hanging under my truck, it burns cleaner and is closer to a PZEV than any gas truck out there. The smog check is a joke, looks under the hood for any modifications, then plugs in to see any codes or pending codes, then send you home with a lighter wallet.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:25 AM
camminich
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yikes that stinks... is that state wide, or if you live in certain more remote areas of CA it wouldn't apply?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:10 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,671 Likes on 2,741 Posts
Here in Colorado the rules for emissions are:
New gasoline or gasoline/hybrid vehicles are exempt for the first 7 model years. Vehicles that are all-electric are exempt from emissions testing. New diesel vehicles are exempt for the first 4 model years.
Colorado is quickly becoming California-Lite.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:45 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
In NH, any vehicle about 8500 GVWR is exempt from emissions testing, gas or diesel. Otherwise, even a brand new vehicle is emissions-checked. But we don't do an actual smog test...it just involves hooking up a state-owned code reader to see if there are any DTCs and if all the readiness monitors are indeed ready.

On the other hand, last October when I got my 2017 truck, I paid the state over $1400 to register. This year, its dropped to $1275, lol.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:49 PM
DeeDubz
More Turbo
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Boaterguy
Just need to vent a little,,,, A 2015 F250 4X4 Powerstroke, registration renewal, $685, smog certificate required. WTH??!! No grace period for diesel powered vehicles. I shelled out $55 for a 3 minute visual check and a scan tool to check for codes damn I hate California.........
hey I got a smog place in the IE if its close to you maybe next time you can check it out. Yea CA sucks man. I just paid my registration 580....

Old 08-25-2017, 09:53 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same crap in CT - what pisses ya off even more is that the exhaust that comes out of these things is cleaner than the dam air that goes into them.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Johns01
Junior User
Originally Posted by Chuck-B
Same crap in CT - what pisses ya off even more is that the exhaust that comes out of these things is cleaner than the dam air that goes into them.

REALLY ??

if that were REALLY true you could close up the garage , fire up the truck and use it as an air freshener right (?)

but no it'll still leave you stone cold dead .. so I guess it's not so clean as claimed huh

next time you see an idiot rollin' coal tell him he owes ya 50 bucks
'cause it's that goof they're lookin' for

there's a video on youtube .. bunch of trucks in a campground
some a-hole pulls up beside a truck that has the windows down and a guy sleeping inside
the ******* then rolls coal into the open window

ha ha funny .. 'cept the guy sleepin in the truck dies

Old 08-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UCLA...................When the Smog Clears.

If I remember correctly Emission Control Devices installed on new Vehicles 1st began in Cal. Many years ago, then spread to the rest of the Country. My gripe is that the EPA put Emissions on Diesel Trucks, but have done nothing about the millions of Houses that burn Fuel Oil for heat, and have the same emissions pouring out of their Chimneys

Old 08-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Johns01
Junior User
with the 1100 - 1200 bucks a month it cost me to heat with oil the past few winters I doubt you'd get far with that

with gas that one month would cover most of the year

Old 08-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Johns01
Junior User
with the 1100 - 1200 bucks a month it cost me to heat with oil the past few winters I doubt you'd get far with that

with gas that one month would cover most of the year

Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Johns01
REALLY ??

if that were REALLY true you could close up the garage , fire up the truck and use it as an air freshener right (?)

but no it'll still leave you stone cold dead .. so I guess it's not so clean as claimed huh
Thats great - I'm no scientist but because something can kill ya doesn't mean it's dirty - carbon monoxide is carbon monoxide - take one of those high performance hepa filters - pass a bunch of air through it into a plastic bag, slap one of those SARS masks on, climb into the plastic bag, seal it and stay in there for a few hours - you'll wind up in the same shape as you wound up in your example - was the air in the bag dirty?

That's great though - love it - I didn't 'get' the coal in the truck part some guy was sleeping in his truck with the window down - someone pulled up next to him and did what? Coal is as hard as a rock - I know - I burn 3 tons of it a year - just throwing it in his truck isn't gonna kill him. Before you condem me for burning coal - it's mined and processed in the US - I can't go much deeper than that without diving into a political or racist conversation - maybe just say I refuse to fund ...

Old 08-26-2017, 02:21 PM
2civicrr
Senior User
Just in case you're being serious about 'rollin coal'......

It the term used for when the thick black smoke comes out of the exhaust. It is a sign/symptom of overfueling. Once the turbo catches up & supplies enough air, it cleans up.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:04 PM
sgeorge
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just wait in a couple of months the California new gas/registration fees go into effect. Can't wait to see how much my 2016 will cost me to register. Why do we keep this idiot in office. (Brown that is)

Quick Reply: Just venting a little......