2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Changes for 2018?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 PM
MTDOG
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" ANGULAR CHROME EXTENDED RUNNING BOARDs are now showing a price of $740 on a couple of the 2018 window stickers I have looked at, but the Ford website still shows $230 on the build and price page

Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Overslope
Junior User
I wonder if anyone else out there has spent as much time researching... :-)[/QUOTE]

I've only been seriously shopping for about a week, so not as much total time. But damn, I've been burning up that builder this week.

Any idea how actual "out the door" price will compare between a 17 & 18? I've been shopping for used 17s, but if I could build a truck the way I want it and get it $8-10K below MSRP it would end up cheaper (I want a long bed 250 XL with the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera Package. Proving hard to find out in the wild). I keep fantasizing that maybe the big "end of year quota" scenario will play to my advantage.

Think it might be possible to order an 18 that far below MSRP?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:32 AM
rick danger
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Overslope
I wonder if anyone else out there has spent as much time researching... :-)

Think it might be possible to order an 18 that far below MSRP?[/QUOTE]I got $2500 below invoice from Koons ford baltimore....on an '18....wound up paying $700 more than that for the convenience of getting it from my local dealer 5 minutes away.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:12 AM
rcoles871
Junior User
Originally Posted by rick danger
Think it might be possible to order an 18 that far below MSRP?
I got $2500 below invoice from Koons ford baltimore....on an '18....wound up paying $700 more than that for the convenience of getting it from my local dealer 5 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal on a 2018. I live in New orleans area and bought a GMC Denali from Koons last year - it was a great deal and they gave the best trade price as well. Shipped them my 2015 F150 and they shipped me the 2016 Denali. No hassles

Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Not according to what I saw on the build site.https://shop.ford.com/build/superdut...3V.527.59Q.%5D...unless you mean clear coat as being painted. I'm sure its not just bare aluminum.
No, definitely not bare aluminum. The roof is made of aluminum, painted the body color, and clearcoated.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:22 AM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Better off doing it through your HLOC and writing off the interest. It's as expensive as a small house so it only makes sense...
If you're gonna do that, you better make sure the loan is < $100K, because that's the interest deduction limit for HELOC when the funds were used for a non-home related purchase ...

Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ngamountains
Presuming one owns a house, and has equity. Limited...to the number of people Ford can find to line up and sign a contract.
Look around. Boatloads of people spend that kind of money (and more) all day long on Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Tesla, Porsche, Lexus, Jaguar, Nissan, Land Rover, Viper, Z06 vehicles. There are plenty of folks who will buy a $100K truck.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 AM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by troverman
I considered the powered running boards to be more a novelty than anything else. Maybe they extend down a hair more, who knows. What's nice about fixed boards is you can just hop up on them anytime...don't have to open the door or hit a switch. So if you stand on them to reach the roof when washing...nice. And nothing ever goes wrong with them. But if you like the novelty...go for it.

My favorites are the LED lighting and the moonroof. Rear passengers like the heated rear seats, too.
I prefer the power running boards for two reasons:

1. I love the clean look of the truck without some dangly running boards hanging out there.

2. They have far less chance of getting damaged when you run over something because the are tucked up there nicely.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:07 AM
rick danger
Senior User
No, definitely not bare aluminum. The roof is made of aluminum, painted the body color, and clearcoated.
Did you look at the link. Looks like its NOT painted body color when you get the moonroof.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:15 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Did you look at the link. Looks like its NOT painted body color when you get the moonroof.
It looks that way on the computer-generated graphic, but in real life, that's not the case.

My 2017 dually with the moonroof looked the same way in the Build & Price screens. But of course when I got it, it is fully painted.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:25 AM
rick danger
Senior User
It looks that way on the computer-generated graphic, but in real life, that's not the case.

My 2017 dually with the moonroof looked the same way in the Build & Price screens. But of course when I got it, it is fully painted.
I dont know, when you take the moonroof off as an option it clearly shows the roof painted body color. Only with the moonroof does it show it aluminum color. and all the angles look like it. The last one from above and behind show it the clearest.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:39 AM
troverman
Hotshot
I dont know, when you take the moonroof off as an option it clearly shows the roof painted body color. Only with the moonroof does it show it aluminum color. and all the angles look like it. The last one from above and behind show it the clearest.
Trust me, the roof will be painted normally. The graphic is just messed up. Another messup is when you add the chrome package to a diesel. You'll see part of the exhaust pipes are missing, and the powerstroke badges on the doors disappear. Remove the chrome package, and everything renders normally.

Here's an overhead pic of my 2017 dually with the moonroof. A 2018 with the moonroof will look the same:

Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 AM
rick danger
Senior User
Well, time will tell. To much time....way to much time.....

Old 12-08-2017, 01:50 PM
DJMabe
Freshman User
I have the pano roof on my 17 and it is painted but I see what Rick is talking about. I noticed it when I built the 18 like my truck. Its not showing a painted roof. It did not look like that on the 17 build when I put it together. I don't know if they are shipping them that way but it's clearly different on the site compared to my 17.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:56 PM
troverman
Hotshot
You guys are reading way too far into this. I'd bet my entire life's savings that the roof will be identical to the 2017 trucks.

On Build & Price, the roof is just white. Build & Price an Oxford White or Platinum White truck. You'll see the roof looks normal.

Please build a diesel truck and then add the chrome package to the build. You'll see the Powerstroke door badges disappear and part of the exhaust go missing. Do you think that's going to be the way the 2018 trucks will be in real life? That the diesels won't have a door badge if they opt for the chrome package and that they'll be missing a piece of the exhaust system?

For the 2017 Build & Price, the rear section of roof appeared black regardless of paint job. But of course, in real life it wasn't black...

Quick Reply: Changes for 2018?