Notices

I gambled and maybe I

Old 12-07-2018, 09:05 AM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold
If you want a smoother idle, look for a cam with a wider LSA. I believe something in the 112-114 range would work for you.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Scndsin
Du Nawt Seek The Treasure
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
It's not bad. Gives up a bit over stock from off idle to 1500 which is where it's advertised to come on.

It rumbles around my small town with ease & rarely sees 2k till I hit the highway

It idles before & after mass-air conversion at 750 & has a noticeable 3 second lope. You can literally count it off, but you have to pay attention to really notice.

It runs very hard up till fuel & tune cuts off before what I've learned here is about 5200 though I've never let it run long enough to get there.

It pegs the speedometer easily & WOT on ramps & passing are a blast.

I would suspect with your lighter truck & less hp eating transmission you might could do with more. Or less, but I don't know.

Conaski says my 512 is only slightly more aggressive than my stock 5.8 cam. (which I could give you maybe. New set of lifters & you'd be golden)

But in my warped filing system, I can't locate the actual numbers right now.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:50 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scndsin View Post
It's not bad. Gives up a bit over stock from off idle to 1500 which is where it's advertised to come on.

It rumbles around my small town with ease & rarely sees 2k till I hit the highway

It idles before & after mass-air conversion at 750 & has a noticeable 3 second lope. You can literally count it off, but you have to pay attention to really notice.

It runs very hard up till fuel & tune cuts off before what I've learned here is about 5200 though I've never let it run long enough to get there.

It pegs the speedometer easily & WOT on ramps & passing are a blast.

I would suspect with your lighter truck & less hp eating transmission you might could do with more. Or less, but I don't know.

Conaski says my 512 is only slightly more aggressive than my stock 5.8 cam. (which I could give you maybe. New set of lifters & you'd be golden)

But in my warped filing system, I can't locate the actual numbers right now.
Dave I thank very much hoping for other in put guys

Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM
schoo
Postmaster
schoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to beholdschoo is a splendid one to behold
Main bearing

Was this caused by the TC

this end looks front

Old 12-12-2018, 05:28 PM
schoo
Postmaster
tranny side

Old 12-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Scndsin
Scndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputationScndsin has a superb reputation
First pic crank snout side & second trans side or vice/versa?

Hard to say either way. Doesn't look too excessive.

I'd ask your machine shop & maybe see if a trans shop would look at the torque converter for swelling/distortion.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:04 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Yes going to see the transmission builder. That’s 200k on it always hauling a E250 with construction tools so been used

Old 12-12-2018, 07:44 PM
baddad457
Post Fiend
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
Probably normal for 200K, compare the wear to the other mains. If they're not in the copper, then you've got excess pressure in the converter. I went through one roller 5.0 that ate all the way through the thrust and had started rubbing the saddles with the counterweights.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Scndsin
OK I didn't see the notations. Looks like the chamfer on the trans side has some excessive thrust wear, but not totally eaten up.

200k seems good.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:27 AM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Scndsin View Post
OK I didn't see the notations. Looks like the chamfer on the trans side has some excessive thrust wear, but not totally eaten up.

200k seems good.
I edited that post Dave.
Iím thinking that same cam you used also why the 1.7 rocker versus 1.6?

Old 12-15-2018, 11:20 AM
schoo
Postmaster

Got a hole in block don’t know what it’s for so didn’t paint it? It’s on the left side out side the oil pan

Old 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Scndsin
I think it's a dowel hole for when the block was machined at the factory.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:44 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Ok thanks on the hole info. so rockers 1.7 versus 1.6 what’s the difference

Old 12-15-2018, 02:29 PM
xlt4wd90
Post Fiend
xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xlt4wd90 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The 1.7:1 rocker ratio gives you about 6% more valve lift across the full range of valve lift. Depending on the rest of the intake, it can net some small power gains.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:34 PM
schoo
Postmaster
Originally Posted by xlt4wd90 View Post
The 1.7:1 rocker ratio gives you about 6% more valve lift across the full range of valve lift. Depending on the rest of the intake, it can net some small power gains.
does the pcm/efi like them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I gambled and maybe I

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.