schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Number one valves are closed

Old 04-06-2019, 07:13 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Put the manifold back in using permatex 82180 sealant I will let it sit for 24 hours before I put in fluids.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Try this again

Old 06-14-2019, 03:45 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
I’m back after a rest from the engine, went to Maui that was nice but the truck is still there

5.0 engine has me beating my head can’t make much vacuum without 20° of advance I can’t find any leaks in the manifold area (used propane) valve timing is correct

I tried code readers and I get nothing it makes some clicks but no curser on the reader screen and nothing down loads.
PCM? This engine was in a 89 E250 before could the PO have made adjustments to remove engine light or old age

Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Maui... wow. Glad you didn't get eaten.

The lack of a light shouldn't make a difference.

The clicks & noise you hear in a stock situation is the computer doing self tests of under hood items which you may or may not have now.

I'm not familiar with this exact diagnostic tool. Planning to pick one up since my regular one is failing.

Just that it's recommended by many & used successfully on this generation computer.

As far as the timing goes, if it's not detonating, has reasonable power, temps aren't excessive & the plugs aren't cracked or melted, I'd be tempted to put some miles on it.

Do you still have the chain exposed? I'd love to throw a piston stop in the #1 plug hole & see what the timing marks look like then.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:54 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
That doctor was killed on the day after we left same beach we were on

would have been nice to ck out the cam timing but that is done

a friend of mine his first response was it’s mechanical after checking what I have done he believes it just too much
(gt40 heads and cam) change for the pcm to run so it looks like I’m dumping more $$ into the black hole.

Studying mas air/ Mustang Explorers system

Old 06-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Hi Roy,

Here is one option, I'm not sure if you have already looked into this option but thought I would throw it out there, just in case.

'QuarterHorse' for Fords [QH1] - $249.00 : Moates.Net

Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Hi Roy,

Here is one option, I'm not sure if you have already looked into this option but thought I would throw it out there, just in case.

I need to check my pcm eec I’m thinking it’s not working correctly it’s 30 years old and then look at add on or overlays

thanks for the ideas

Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 AM
Glaser67
Tuned
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Hi Roy,

I used the Quarterhorse and Binary Editor with good results, just took a while to get there.

I had an almost identical build, and before I put in the chip and tuned it, it still ran pretty well, as far as A/F goes in closed loop. I had same heads and Comp 35-349 cam which is similar to yours. My comment doesnt solve your issue, but you should know that your setup should run alright on a stock MAF computer.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:05 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Glaser67
I used the Quarterhorse and Binary Editor with good results, just took a while to get there.

I had an almost identical build, and before I put in the chip and tuned it, it still ran pretty well, as far as A/F goes in closed loop. I had same heads and Comp 35-349 cam which is similar to yours. My comment doesnt solve your issue, but you should know that your setup should run alright on a stock MAF computer.
Yes Maf I’m on sd so may change would that Quarterhorse work on SD

Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 AM
SPE
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every time I've tried to scan codes on a faulty EEC-IV ECU, it will not output codes and depending on the tester type will display nothing, or will output a constant sound with no beeping.

Another tuning/diagnostics option is our PiMPx standalone ECU (you don't need the PiMPxshift since you've got an AOD). It replaces the stock ECU with a modern completely tunable option and allows you to view all sensor readings, engine parameters, has a diagnostics mode, has an auto tune mode that dials in the air/fuel ratio while you just drive around, and uses a modern wideband o2 sensor so you can see the air/fuel ratio under all conditions (useful for tuning and diagnostics). It can run speed density or mass-air, works with the stock harness, and comes with its own support staff via our support forum and a detailed startup guide as well as tuning guides and such. It's more expensive than a Quarterhorse but the QH doesn't replace your 30 year old (possibly faulty) ECU either, and the QH is more time consuming to tune with/learn how to use. If you've got a faulty ECU right now the QH won't fix that so you'd be looking at a QH+New ECU+wideband+BE software which puts it in a different price range than it first appears. See my signature if interested in reading more about our PiMPx system, or you can see the thread about our products on this forum: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...his-forum.html

Old 06-19-2019, 09:16 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by SPE
Every time I've tried to scan codes on a faulty EEC-IV ECU, it will not output codes and depending on the tester type will display nothing, or will output a constant sound with no beeping.

Another tuning/diagnostics option is our PiMPx standalone ECU (you don't need the PiMPxshift since you've got an AOD). It replaces the stock ECU with a modern completely tunable option and allows you to view all sensor readings, engine parameters, has a diagnostics mode, has an auto tune mode that dials in the air/fuel ratio while you just drive around, and uses a modern wideband o2 sensor so you can see the air/fuel ratio under all conditions (useful for tuning and diagnostics). It can run speed density or mass-air, works with the stock harness, and comes with its own support staff via our support forum and a detailed startup guide as well as tuning guides and such. It's more expensive than a Quarterhorse but the QH doesn't replace your 30 year old (possibly faulty) ECU either, and the QH is more time consuming to tune with/learn how to use. If you've got a faulty ECU right now the QH won't fix that so you'd be looking at a QH+New ECU+wideband+BE software which puts it in a different price range than it first appears. See my signature if interested in reading more about our PiMPx system, or you can see the thread about our products on this forum: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...his-forum.html
Thanks for info looking into it

Old 06-24-2019, 08:37 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by SPE

This is very interesting have any of you guys got experience with these ecu sounds too good.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:01 PM
SPE
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not been out very long and most of our customers are in the Lightning pickup community so far. We just started advertising about them on here last month. I know there is one guy on here that has two of them in two of his trucks though (he bought them before we started posting about them on here). I'll see if I can locate his posts, I found them in the past.

Quick Reply: I gambled and maybe I