'98 Ford E-350 cargo van - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

'98 Ford E-350 cargo van

Old 07-31-2017, 09:39 PM
ADG
New User
ADG is starting off with a positive reputation.
'98 Ford E-350 cargo van

I just bought it here in Panama very cheap for my construction business. The original owner is a fellow gringo here and shipped it from Florida. It's a 7.3 Power-Stoke diesel with 200,000 miles on it. He had it re-mapped and it's a bull. He maintained it at every service interval and it runs great. I want to keep this van in the best running condition because parts are very expensive shipped from the US. I just wanted to pick your guys brains on the idiosyncrasies and what is really needed to maintain this rig, drive train wise mainly. It's an auto tranny and I'm expecting it to take a dump soon, even though it works fine. I've owned many Ford cargo and box vans, but never a diesel. I do know the 7.3 International motor was probably the best Ford ever used. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Wildman25
Posting Guru
Wildman25 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are only a few members on the full size van forum with 7.3 engines.

You might want to ask question about the 7.3 over on the Power Stroke Forum

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/

And, yes, that was the last of the International diesel engines, the 6.0 turn into a real problem.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Wildman25 View Post

And, yes, that was the last of the International diesel engines, the 6.0 turn into a real problem.
That is incorrect, the 6.0L and 6.4L were also made by International/Navistar.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:07 PM
ADG
New User
ADG is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Wildman25 View Post
There are only a few members on the full size van forum with 7.3 engines.

You might want to ask question about the 7.3 over on the Power Stroke Forum

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/

My ex-business partner had a 6.0 that was an absolute lemon. Between the "lemon law" lawyer and money spent fixing it, it cost him as much as the box van cost when you factor in lost wages also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.