1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The Build, 54 C500

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 03:25 PM
lgfuller
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ken, I just linked up with Johnny on the FB. I know that the COE stuff is pretty much unobtanium, but I see what he's picking up, and mostly I think he buys it for scrap prices, then sells it like its gold.

Badmoon, I keep my eyes on fleabay and the craigslist, but ive had no luck finding COE stuff the last couple years. I did miss out on a 56 bigjob COE that was down in Yuma. It was dirt cheap, but I had no coin for it. I'll keep my eyes out for latches at a reasonable rate. Currently I use jeep style latches to hold the hood down, been that way since 2014 when I drove it down from CO.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
If you guys ever run across a set of the lower running boards, either side or both that are in good shape please let me know. I know mine are fixable but I have so many other things to do I'd rather spend my time doing something else.
Keep the pictures coming. Thanks guys, Ken.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Anyone doing work on their COEs? Need some inspiration to get going on mine again!

Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ken Newman
Anyone doing work on their COEs? Need some inspiration to get going on mine again!
Ken Ive never stopped working on mine its just im working on other projects like the house and the honey do list.I will be posting more on my thread soon.
Now get back to work!!!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:42 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Hey Ken! I can't inspire you much, since I have been working feverishly on the Dodge truck. Got it running well and all the misc. parts installed. I have too many vehicles so I will probably sell it (and lose money) and get back to my COE.
Hope to inspire you and myself soon!
Regards, Mark.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 AM
lgfuller
Senior User
Well Ken, Ive been driving mine. Had to do a little vacuum line repair last night, and i need to wash it to get ready for a show next month. Between work, family and needing to finish the engine rebuild on my 87 f250, its been busy. Right now in my fleet for rides, the COE is my only runner to get back and forth to work. LOL. The wife's ride is always taken care of, but i cant just take it to work.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:14 AM
lgfuller
Senior User
here's a total money shot!

Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Cool guys. Here's what I've been spending my time and money on recently. Besides attending my son's wedding in Anderson, South Carolina. (I hadn't flown since 1975) I broke down and bought a 2016 F150. Keeping my '05 Ranger for my daily driver.

Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by lgfuller
here's a total money shot!

Nice fit. Not too many folks can say their COE is their daily driver!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by pweng1
Ken Ive never stopped working on mine its just im working on other projects like the house and the honey do list.I will be posting more on my thread soon.
Now get back to work!!!!!

Glad you are working on it. I bet you are about to run out of nice weather pretty soon.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 PM
Ken Newman
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen
Hey Ken! I can't inspire you much, since I have been working feverishly on the Dodge truck. Got it running well and all the misc. parts installed. I have too many vehicles so I will probably sell it (and lose money) and get back to my COE.
Hope to inspire you and myself soon!
Regards, Mark.
Mark,
Sorry you have to sell your Dodge. I hate selling vehicles. Hopefully it will give you more time to work on your COE. Your good weather days are numbered too. Ours are just starting to get bearable. It was 107 here yesterday. Can't wait until Fall actually gets here.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
lgfuller
Senior User
A quick update, I daily drove the COE for a week to work. Now, the rear diff is leaking like a sieve, the headlight switch crapped out, and the speedo decided it wanted to not function as the odometer turned over 55000 miles. Just added to my todo list. The wife looked at me funny as I pulled the instrument cluster apart on the kitchen table last night. All cleaned out, it was full of dust and dirt. just need to lube it up and reassemble it. It'll be already to go to the car show on the 14th of October. Good news is my Harley is back up and functioning, so I can get back to wind therapy.... still doesn't stop the work on the COE or my 87 f250. Lots of irons in the fire here. F250 needs to get finished so I can go to Colorado and retrieve my 52 F1.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:07 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
LG-
Speedo should be easy to fix, as is the headlight switch, or you can buy a new switch. The axle leak may be more troublesome, but I am sure you will figure it out.

Keep us posted!

Regards, Mark.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:58 AM
lgfuller
Senior User
Speedo is already fixed, just need to lube it, reassemble, and install it. I think I have a new headlight switch sitting on the shelf, but its just a crappy aftermarket one. The rear diff looks like I need to just pull the rear cover, and silicone the cover and re-install (of course that's quite a bit of gear oil). I spent a couple of hours looking it over on Saturday.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:09 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Lg if you have a 2 speed rear while you have it drained pull the 5"caps off to check for wear.

Quick Reply: The Build, 54 C500