Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Happy Hour Thread - Pull Up A Chair, Sit A Spell, What's The Latest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Kids love the sport if you can play best throw, keeps them interested.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
The constant struggle.

Saved up the money to buy my new mustang 2 front end for the comet. This is the 2nd/3rd year now I want to get and install the front end and a v8 at the same time. Again something comes up and the money dwindles away and another year goes by with no front end or motor.

Are families worth the expense? If I give them away I would so much more money for fun things!
9 years ago my son and I started a Chevelle project, I found a good car, and he and I tore it down. Here was the deal I made him, you help me restore it and I will give it to you. He lost interest. I have been trying to get it back together but something always comes up. I have since offered the deal to my daughter, no dice. It seems that computers and video games are way cooler than working on an old car.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 PM
handywithanex
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
9 years ago my son and I started a Chevelle project, I found a good car, and he and I tore it down. Here was the deal I made him, you help me restore it and I will give it to you. He lost interest. I have been trying to get it back together but something always comes up. I have since offered the deal to my daughter, no dice. It seems that computers and video games are way cooler than working on an old car.
Sorry to hear that, I love working on cars with my kiddos. I think they wouldn't care what we were working on, as long as they got their dad time. I hope I never lose their wanting to be with me.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
My kids and I have a great time, I was a Scoutmaster while my boy went through Scouts and got his Eagle. We spent many fun times in the woods and he and I learned a lot about each other. He is now at NC State and we are very close. My 13 year old daughter and I are also close, we both love to spend time and do stuff together. She and I are very much alike. I guess lying on a cold garage floor, getting greasy and dirty are not for them.
My DW and I try to include both kids in anything we do, the oldest wants to spend time with friends (this means play video games online with them) but the youngest is ready to go anywhere.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:17 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I as well get plenty of time with my kids. In fact it seems any waking moment that I am not working I am doing something with a kid.

The only me time I get is when I am working on other peoples cars wishing I was working on my own car.

All this vette talk, just so happens to be what I am working on now.

Name:  cPMCKgd.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  842.1 KB

Old 01-28-2018, 06:49 PM
travs66
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Any disc golfers in our Excursion ranks? Well besides da man Stewart.

Getting accustomed to ice skips.
I don't have to worry about ice skips in FL lol. I started throwing years ago in NC and when I first moved to FL no one here even knew what it was lol.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:15 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Picked up my next quick project truck. 04 F350 5.4 4x4 auto with 39k miles on her. Gonna spit shine it and sell it.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
How did that end up with so few miles?

Old 01-30-2018, 08:25 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
City truck with 2000 idle hrs?

Old 01-30-2018, 10:06 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Truck was used for remote pipeline inspection, the camper that was on it was a mini x-ray van with a lead lined box and plenty of "danger radioactive" plaques haha. It has been owned by the same company since new and they just brought it back to town to sell. Don't think it has many idle hours either as it was just not used very much.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I can imagine a "pipeline inspector" sitting in his running truck all day with the AC or heat going waiting for someone to finish up a weld for him to inspect.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:25 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I can imagine a "pipeline inspector" sitting in his running truck all day with the AC or heat going waiting for someone to finish up a weld for him to inspect.
No A/C in this truck. The box on the back had a heater in it along with all the X-ray equipment. I may have some idle time, but not nearly as much as my daily drivers!

No weld inspections, they use an x-ray system to look for weak spots in the current pipeline. I washed my handles a few times after being near the lead lined radioactive box

So the truck really pissed me off today, I had charged the weak battery in it but it was starting fine. I pulled it out of the shop and started it about 6 times during the day just to check. Went to go home tonight and drive it home and it wouldn't start. Ugh! Had to drive the shop truck home. Going to put a new battery in and it should be good.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:43 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
My luck with cars this week stinks. My daily driver Pontiac has a rear transfer case seal leaking so I parked it for a few days and drove my Durango for 2 days. I have noticed an exhaust smell and it is in the right exhaust manifold area so I decided to let it sit today and drive the Vibe, the seal has been leaking for awhile so another 100 miles wont be a problem. It was 17 degrees this morning and when the Vibe started, something set the Check Engine Light on. I turned it off, got the keys to the Ex, fired her up and after waiting for a few minutes for the glass to clear I drove her to work.

I will work on the Dodge tonight and Vibe this weekend. Our new 2018 Fusion has a build date scheduled for Feb 5th, it can't come soon enough.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:30 PM
seijirou
Cargo Master
Received 391 Likes on 240 Posts
You got to drive the Excursion, sounds like great vehicle luck to me!

Old 01-31-2018, 01:54 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by seijirou
You got to drive the Excursion, sounds like great vehicle luck to me!

I just hate waking her up on cold weekday mornings to drive to work, she likes to sleep and let her siblings do the grunt work.

Quick Reply: The Official Happy Hour Thread - Pull Up A Chair, Sit A Spell, What's The Latest?