Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Happy Hour Thread - Pull Up A Chair, Sit A Spell, What's The Latest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
NC requires a notary on titles, that is the real pain about selling because that is a bank or DMV thing.
That would be a huge PITA! Here its just sign it over and you're good to go. Makes for quick easy transactions.

I'd never been worried or leery of meeting up with people when selling or buying a car, luckily they have all turned out to be great people. But as of recently I've been a bit paranoid. I bring someone with me if possible, well lit populated area if you need help quickly. Also send a family member the persons number and any info they give on what they are driving just to be safe. Better safe then sorry in the world we live in today.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
That would be a huge PITA! Here its just sign it over and you're good to go. Makes for quick easy transactions.

I'd never been worried or leery of meeting up with people when selling or buying a car, luckily they have all turned out to be great people. But as of recently I've been a bit paranoid. I bring someone with me if possible, well lit populated area if you need help quickly. Also send a family member the persons number and any info they give on what they are driving just to be safe. Better safe then sorry in the world we live in today.
^^All excellent advise right there^^

Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by Nicmike
^^All excellent advise right there^^
The other thing I forgot to mention, if you have a dash camera try to do the deal in front of it. Just in the event something happens it will be recorded. I've told family to remember that if god forbid something did happen to pull the SD card from the camera right away.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
The other thing I forgot to mention, if you have a dash camera try to do the deal in front of it. Just in the event something happens it will be recorded. I've told family to remember that if god forbid something did happen to pull the SD card from the camera right away.
Great advice! The police department has cameras pointing at certain spots in the parking lot, they set it up to try to prevent problems.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
The constant struggle.

Saved up the money to buy my new mustang 2 front end for the comet. This is the 2nd/3rd year now I want to get and install the front end and a v8 at the same time. Again something comes up and the money dwindles away and another year goes by with no front end or motor.

Are families worth the expense? If I give them away I would so much more money for fun things!

Old 01-27-2018, 08:31 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 833 Likes on 572 Posts
Andy, do any of the kids have juggling or tightrope walking skills? You might be able to sell them off to the circus.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
One of them is learning to play the guitar. I think another one can shoot a bow.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:20 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Don't worry Andy, they'll leave eventually. We are painting an empty bedroom as we speak. Don't rush it!

PS I'm officially old, been window shopping Corvette's. (affordable ones ha!)

Old 01-27-2018, 10:12 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Don't worry Andy, they'll leave eventually.
She's 25 with 3 years left of school than internship

Eventually is still a long time for me

Only change in the plans for wife and I would be a beachfront condo

Or a bigger boat lol

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
The grass has to be greener "out there" for them to leave Michael. It probably all looks brown out there from your window!

Old 01-27-2018, 01:19 PM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Andy-I hear you loud and clear on "the constant struggle". I keep trying to save money for projects but with four kids I am almost ready to give up. People keep telling me that a millionaire family is a one boy and one girl. I guess that I must have the billionaire version as I have two of each( maybe this is what the true cost is to raise them?). I do believe that there is a light at the end of the kid tunnel. It is fun especially when all of the kids and their friends are at the cottage and they are wakeboarding, tubing, fishing etc but it is very busy as everyone is still at home and there are si five Fords and one Chevy truck) to maintain.

You do still have to have some fun. I am turning 50 later this year and am in the end game of purchasing a 1992 Dodge D350 Cummins extended dually for myself. I know, I know it isn't a Ford but I have always loved the simplicity of the trucks. I also promised myself to not work as much overtime in the machine shop as I am not 21 anymore.

Rob

Old 01-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
If nothing else I guess I get to work on other peoples cars with their money.

Name:  x2TlWeE.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  86.0 KB

Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by ExxWhy

PS I'm officially old, been window shopping Corvette's. (affordable ones ha!)
It must be in the water, although at 28 I'm not old. Winter in AK has some smoking deal on sports cars. Found a few very nice low mile 05-06 vettes for very reasonable money....

Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Any disc golfers in our Excursion ranks? Well besides da man Stewart.

Getting accustomed to ice skips.

Attached Images   
Old 01-27-2018, 08:58 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I've thrown a couple discs around a few times.

Quick Reply: The Official Happy Hour Thread - Pull Up A Chair, Sit A Spell, What's The Latest?