New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Newbie Intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:47 PM
Gregborgquist
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Essay- Ford Autobiography

Hey Fellow Ford Fans,
This is my Ford Autobiography. I am California born and raised, grew up on the side of mountains, my first vehicle was a 1964Chevy two wheel drive, short bed- stepside, three in the tree manual tranny, with a granny gear.So, I had been a Chevy guy from the time of my driver’s license,the day I turned sixteen in 1980, until November 2004.
I am married to the mother of my three grown children, twenty five years this past May. When our oldest child turned twelve in late 2004, we out grew our family transport; my wife and I agreed on a family truck. A major investment that we needed last and keep our family safe.
We shopped every version of a truck on the market, even viewed a Nissan Titian, by far the ugliest truck produced in the last forty years. Of the big three American trucks of 2005; the GM/Chevy and Dodge looked like mini trucks compared to the same year Ford. My wifey and I agreed a gently used, 4X4 diesel, crew cab, one still underfactory warranty would make an ideal purchase. Instead, we lucked into a brand new, 2005, F250, Super Duty 6.0 PowerStroke FX4, Lariat; a Ford Promotional Truck that Ford had taken 12,500 dollars off the sticker price.
I have had to learn about the inherent weakness ’of the 6.0 the hard way. My first up grades were a K&N cold air intake and an Edge Evolution Programmer. I striped my tranny out going 0-60 in under 6 seconds one too many times. After burning through two EGR coolers, I got down and dirty with my rig. With the help of the late, great, Diesel Tech Ron, of YouTube fame, I have been able to wrench my own truck back onto the road, extreme satisfaction.
*[Ihave got to pause a moment, and pay tribute to the late Ron Huxell, one of God’s boys who died too soon, leaving behind his adoring family, a wife and three children. I am teary as I am acknowledging Ron’s good willingness to help those whom so ever asked of him, and the graciousness in which he gave of his time and expertise. Ron knew Ford Trucks inside and out and was a natural teacher. I have watched so many of his tutorials, hours and hours, I felt like we were brothers, I am sure we are. May Our Good Lord grant his family a peace of mind that surpasses all earthly understanding. Ron Huxell was a mighty good man, I thank his family for sharing him with strangers like me; he helped me tremendously.] Ok, back from my tribute.
I have installed Bullet Proof Diesel’s factory delete , remote oil cooler, BPD EGR cooler. AIMSOIL 2 micron oil bypass, and BPD’s Pro Package. I also added a Mishimoto Radiator and Hose Kit. I have a coolant bypass system and a leveling kit that I want to install today. I am currently waiting to buy a Banks cat back exhaust.
My wifey and Iwould like to put a million miles on our truck before we trade it in. I don’t foresee parting with my truck until hydrogen technology can match the torch output. We have some roads with steep gradients in California, my 6.0 is a Hemi Slayer, every time. I love my Ford Truck like it is a living thing I am now a FordMan, true blue, First On Race Day,

Last edited by Gregborgquist; 09-03-2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: fixing typos