2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

A laugh

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:37 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A laugh

This is from our RV club site it was titled "Fathers Day humor and old Ford Diesels"

Disclaimer: there was absolutely no alcohol involved in this!

I have an old Dodge feed truck that I bought 21 years ago for $2500. It has served me well but the last couple of years I have walked back to the barn more times than I want to admit. Its just gotten long in service. So a week ago after a long day in the field, after a shower and supper the dog and I got in Dodge to go check hog traps. Yep, far as you could get from the house and almost dark, she quit. There it sat in my hay field. So Friday I took a chain and a tractor to drag it out of the field. After numerous dismounts I got it out of the field , down the lane and to the crest of the hill going down to the barn. My idea was to push it over the crest , jump in and steer it down the the road. What could go wrong, right?

I have to set the picture. There is a dirt road at about a 45 degree angle from the hill crest with a ditch on one side bordered by woods. Again what could go wrong?

I pushed the truck up with the tractor and got it a little too far forward and it started over slowly by itself. I jumped off my tractor and ran trying to get the door open as it was gaining speed. I thought... stupid your about to get hurt... and pushed away from the truck. Stopped and watched it jumping up and down laughing...yes...yes as it careened driverless down the hill, jumped the ditch, went airborne about 2 feet and crashed through the woods stopping with a big oak tree. I was laughing so hard I could hardly drive my tractor past it .

Which brings us to the second part of this episode. I called a rancher buddy and asked if he still had that old 1996 Ford diesel behind his barn. Yep! Needs 2 batts and an ICP sensor. I bought 2 FoMoCo batteries and the sensor, we put them in and it fired up on the second crank. This truck has not been inspected since 2012 , and has been sitting 2 years. We aired up the tires, put 15 gallons of fresh fuel in and I drove it 60 miles to my home shop to clean it up and change all the filters and oil. 7.3 Powerstroke diesels are amazing. I ordered some door and tailgate latch hardware from LMC truck and I'm in at about $2600. Not a dent in the body.

And the old Dodge,I might pull it out of the woods, and then I might not!

Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 AM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wb6anp
This is from our RV club site it was titled "Fathers Day humor and old Ford Diesels"

Disclaimer: there was absolutely no alcohol involved in this!

I have an old Dodge feed truck that I bought 21 years ago for $2500. It has served me well but the last couple of years I have walked back to the barn more times than I want to admit. Its just gotten long in service. So a week ago after a long day in the field, after a shower and supper the dog and I got in Dodge to go check hog traps. Yep, far as you could get from the house and almost dark, she quit. There it sat in my hay field. So Friday I took a chain and a tractor to drag it out of the field. After numerous dismounts I got it out of the field , down the lane and to the crest of the hill going down to the barn. My idea was to push it over the crest , jump in and steer it down the the road. What could go wrong, right?

I have to set the picture. There is a dirt road at about a 45 degree angle from the hill crest with a ditch on one side bordered by woods. Again what could go wrong?

I pushed the truck up with the tractor and got it a little too far forward and it started over slowly by itself. I jumped off my tractor and ran trying to get the door open as it was gaining speed. I thought... stupid your about to get hurt... and pushed away from the truck. Stopped and watched it jumping up and down laughing...yes...yes as it careened driverless down the hill, jumped the ditch, went airborne about 2 feet and crashed through the woods stopping with a big oak tree. I was laughing so hard I could hardly drive my tractor past it .

Which brings us to the second part of this episode. I called a rancher buddy and asked if he still had that old 1996 Ford diesel behind his barn. Yep! Needs 2 batts and an ICP sensor. I bought 2 FoMoCo batteries and the sensor, we put them in and it fired up on the second crank. This truck has not been inspected since 2012 , and has been sitting 2 years. We aired up the tires, put 15 gallons of fresh fuel in and I drove it 60 miles to my home shop to clean it up and change all the filters and oil. 7.3 Powerstroke diesels are amazing. I ordered some door and tailgate latch hardware from LMC truck and I'm in at about $2600. Not a dent in the body.

And the old Dodge,I might pull it out of the woods, and then I might not!
Moral to this story... Save a tree, buy a Ford.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:14 PM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great story! The 7.3's are amazing.