Jon Richard
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*PVD coated (auto correct )

Old 06-11-2017, 01:28 AM
iwhodat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent choice for rims. Those stock looking steelies are going to look fantastic on your Bump. Once you install the lowered beams, you won't be able to wipe the smile off of your face. Those parts are going to make your truck look great and all of your mods are easily reversable. Your family members did their own modifications to that beautiful truck. I can't imagine that they would be upset with you for adding your own. The main thing is that you still have it and that you take care of it.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Jon Richard
Senior User
Wow, thank you that's very encouraging!

Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 AM
KOT390
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon Richard
Well thanks for that KOT390, I guess it is a little silly seeing as I've already bought the parts.

I was never thinking this is anywhere near concourse, just a solid survivor in superb mechanical working condition. I just thought it warranted consideration- do I want it to be a truck or a toy?
haha, I think these days they are both. Trucks and toys!

Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
If the truck has been in your family for years, it doesn't appear you have any plans of selling it. If so, the 'value' of it as an investment to resell really means nothing.

I say make the truck what YOU want it to be. If it does pass onto another owner while you're alive (or even after you're gone), I don't know of too many people that wouldn't want an old truck with discs, power brakes, A/C, power steering etc., if you did add all those things to it.

While you're above ground and while you're owner of the truck, make it comfortable for you to drive and make it look the way you want it to look. For now, the truck only has to be pleasing to you. Build it the way you want it and don't worry about the next persons thoughts on it.

There's pretty much nothing you could do to it that couldn't be undone by someone else. But then again, that would be their problem and not yours to contend with.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Jon Richard
Senior User
So I'll be going forward at least as far as wheels and suspension but...

The dude with the '62 unibody got back to me so I may end up buying it as well

Old 06-11-2017, 04:37 PM
3457-fl
Junior User
I am finishing up making my wife's 1970 F100 that she bought drive-able. Brakes, fluids, etc.. I cannot even clean up the finish at all. She wants it be as is, 2 owner truck that had a color change a while ago. Red now with the turquoise and white showing though and she loves it. Fix it but don't F**K with it was my orders.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Jon Richard
Senior User
Hey but that's pretty cool that she wanted a '70 F-100

My chic will ride with me, go to shows etc.., but it's my passion, her Ford is a 2013

Old 06-11-2017, 05:16 PM
3457-fl
Junior User
Yea, she's a cool girl that's why I married her 40 years ago

Old 06-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Xchamp
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't leave anything stock so I say mod the hell out of it. The only way I could keep something stock is if it was rare and valuable like a boss or Shelby mustang.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM
spdcat72
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make it your truck. Those other folks are gone. The only real value it has is sentimental to you. Keep the mods tasteful, and reversible, and drive the dang thing!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The odd thing is when a person does a lot of upgrades spends a ton of money on a vehicle a supper nice bone stock show room fresh or a nice unmolested we bring in way more bucks at selling time.

Orich

Old 06-12-2017, 12:29 PM
GUYDON
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The good thing about our trucks is they made millions of them, so rarity isn't an issue. Since that is the case, have fun with it, if you like it the way it is, leave it, if it doesn't work for your wants or needs change it. Keep all the original parts that way you can go back if you need to.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Jon Richard
Senior User
Thank you all so much for your input and advice.

My father bought it from my aunt I think mostly to put cash in her pocket and help her unload it. He intended it for my older brother, but he was tapped, and at that point it got a little tight for my pop, so I bought it to bail the both of them out

Mechanically it has been a win. It was parked when it began running rough and my uncle thought it had wiped a cam lobe. He passed and it sat for years, I didn't expect it to come back and run so strong. As it is I drive it all over SoCal no problem. It took me a couple months but one by one I picked off each issue and now I get out there shoulder to shoulder with traffic without a worry.

So I'll take it a bit further since I have the wheels and I beams, I'll will be conservative with it though if for no other reason than to stay focused on my other Ford and my Mercury.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:37 PM
lilorbie
Laughing Gas
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Jon Richard where in SoCal do you live.? when i think of all of the gas i "wasted" in 1976 when i got my drivers lic. but it was cheaper then than it is know. my friend,s and i cruised all over Orange County and once and a while we would go to Van Nuys Blvd. or Whittier Blvd. most of the time in my 67 f-100. i don,t live in SoCal anymore but i still have some family and friends that do. i would really like to have a Double Double from IN and OUT. the best fast food you will ever eat imo.

Quick Reply: Getting cold feet on mods