2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Sulastic Spring Shackles? (All 3 concurrent threads merged)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:51 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DL222
I have a Bakflip cover, 50 gal aux tank and a B&W that stay in my truck all the time. Witch one would work the best regular or the HD?
I'd give them a call but seeing that you have a B&W you likely tow a fifth wheel on a more regular basis? If so I'd opt for the HD, if not and it's just the auxiliary tank and hitch and occasionally tow a trailer then I'd stick with the regular one. That's my thought but give them a call.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:41 PM
ruphianh
Tuned
Originally Posted by hollapm
I'd give them a call but seeing that you have a B&W you likely tow a fifth wheel on a more regular basis? If so I'd opt for the HD, if not and it's just the auxiliary tank and hitch and occasionally tow a trailer then I'd stick with the regular one. That's my thought but give them a call.
i watched both videos and I didn't catch if he was running the standard or hd shackles. He was on the bump stops with the 5er so maybe standard?

Also, Looks like this will lift the truck another .5" in the rear since the shackles are shorter. Ya?

Old 06-20-2017, 12:16 AM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by ruphianh
i watched both videos and I didn't catch if he was running the standard or hd shackles. He was on the bump stops with the 5er so maybe standard?

Also, Looks like this will lift the truck another .5" in the rear since the shackles are shorter. Ya?
If you are talking about IronCobra, I spoke to him. His rig is a 450 and he is running the HD version.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:11 PM
hollapm
Tuned
I gathered some more information from Sulastic:
When the Sulastic's are originally installed the height of the bed may increase up to 3/4 of an inch. After a few weeks of settling they will even out to the factory height.
When debating on the HD vs the Standard Sulastic Springs, if you are going to be carrying a load over 3/4 of a ton on average, then it's recommended to go to the HD springs. So if you have a hitch/aux tank and its under this weight (which it should be) than the standard one will work just fine
The only difference between the two (standard vs HD) is the rubber compound.
If the rubber were to completely fail the shackle would not separate. The only issue would be metal to metal contact on the shackle.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:20 PM
theboom
Tuned
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
I would be very interested to see more about this product. Take a 450, lower the air pressure in the tires to a more comfortable level, change the shocks, and put these sulastic springs and you might have a pretty darn nice riding truck while still having the most capable pickup that money can currently buy. Might even be as comfortable as a f150. Most likely not but who know we would have to test it. I would just be curious how the springs would hold up towing the 450's 32,500lbs with over a 4500lb pin weight.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:48 AM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone confirm these raise the rear up at all?

Old 06-21-2017, 06:10 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Crews
Anyone confirm these raise the rear up at all?

From 2 post previous:

"When the Sulastic's are originally installed the height of the bed may increase up to 3/4 of an inch. After a few weeks of settling they will even out to the factory height."

Old 06-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Chris Crews
Elder User
hmmm. Would these even help ride quality unloaded?

Old 06-21-2017, 03:31 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Watch the video, but from what I have heard, greatly.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 PM
ruphianh
Tuned
they're shackles, not springs, the raise is due to design of shackle, not any added stiffness to a spring.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Tried to order a set with the group buy code but they are out of stock and won't add to cart at the moment.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:33 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Originally Posted by fleming23
Tried to order a set with the group buy code but they are out of stock and won't add to cart at the moment.
Mine are suppose to arrive on Friday. I'll reach out to them and see when they plan to get more in stock.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:26 AM
P.Bronner
Elder User
That's where they make the most noticeable difference.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:10 AM
hollapm
Tuned
Originally Posted by fleming23
It looks like Sulastic added it back onto their site. The ran out of attachments for the 2017 Super Duty's (are getting more on Friday) so it was taken down. It's been added back and they should have plenty to fulfill many orders. Let me know if you run into any challenges or reach directly out to them.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:29 AM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by hollapm
It looks like Sulastic added it back onto their site. The ran out of attachments for the 2017 Super Duty's (are getting more on Friday) so it was taken down. It's been added back and they should have plenty to fulfill many orders. Let me know if you run into any challenges or reach directly out to them.
Thanks, although now the group buy code isn't working. Going to try to email them to get the $30 off.

Edit, nevermind. When I logged in with my account it worked. Order placed, thanks again!

Quick Reply: Sulastic Spring Shackles? (All 3 concurrent threads merged)