2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

R.I.P. Old Carli Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R.I.P. Old Carli Thread

Hey what happened to the Carli thread? There was a ton of good info and activity on there. Why would someone take it down?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Bajacajun
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know right? I made the thread also and when I go to threads made be myself it doesn't show... Weird

Old 06-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Joneser5000
Senior User
With so much buzz around the pintop kit and an actual Carli employee who was answering questions for people you would think the Admins would leave that up as a solid resource for people researching their products.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bajacajun
I know right? I made the thread also and when I go to threads made be myself it doesn't show... Weird

Bajacajun look at your post count. I see you only have 2 posts currently. Looks like your stats got wiped and since you were the OP perhaps all your threads too.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 AM
redford
Received 1,628 Likes on 952 Posts
The thread was deleted.

Unfortunately, a member invited a vendor to the thread to discuss/promote their product. This is not allowed unless the vendor becomes a site sponsor.

End result, I had to boot the vendor. After a few attempts to edit the thread, I wasn't able to take out the vendor comments and have the thread make a lot of sense, so the entire thread was removed.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Originally Posted by redford
The thread was deleted.

Unfortunately, a member invited a vendor to the thread to discuss/promote their product. This is not allowed unless the vendor becomes a site sponsor.

End result, I had to boot the vendor. After a few attempts to edit the thread, I wasn't able to take out the vendor comments and have the thread make a lot of sense, so the entire thread was removed.

Stuart,
Thank you for letting us know what happened. Still doesn't make much sense to me. Sound like we need a revision of policy. I am going out on a limb here and assuming you want people to use this site as a resource center. The more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising space. Why delete a thread with a ton of information over 120 posts and with over 10k views.

Let me get this straight, people can ask questions and anyone is allowed to answer them (regardless of their accuracy or qualification) but if an employee of the company answers the question (typically your best source) then you must delete the original post? Where is the logic.

I can understand if the manufacture is promoting and bumping their products daily, offering discounts, bad mouthing competitors and so on but that was not the case here. The thread was started by a user and promoted by other users. Carli only chimed in for clarification and it wasn't even the official Carli user, just an employee helping to shed light. You had to boot the vendor? So if someone works in the automotive industry he or she is not allowed to use these boards without paying extra? Really? What about all the Ford technicians who chime in? Are their dealerships registered as a site sponsor? If not are their post deleted? Are they booted too? I'm all for capitalism 100% but I can't stand greed.

You made me sad Stuart. Its not personal, I trust you are just doing what you are told but like I said before maybe there should be some revision to the guidelines of what is considered self promoting and just good customer service.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:27 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Wow that's really too bad and we all lose because you deleted it.

IMO that's painting a very fine line. I invited Dan to come to this forum to provide information about the Carli products that many of us are interested in.

Perhaps "promoting their product" is how you'd describe it but I submit to you that he was responding to questions and giving information.

I didn't see any evidence of him doing any more than that. I and others asked questions related to the products. Why delete a VERY INFORMATIVE and INTERESTING (to many) THREAD because he was responding to questions?

I hope he'll come back and be able to participate in this forum.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Bajacajun
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand how he ever promoted his product on hear by just giving good reliable info. His username also had nothing to do with the company.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:38 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Joneser5000
The more traffic you have the more you can charge for advertising space. Why delete a thread with a ton of information over 120 posts and with over 10k views.
Over 10,000 views! That thread was in the Top 2% in terms of number of posts and it was actively growing! When it hit 20,000 posts it would be in the top 18 posts in the history of this 2017 forum!

Originally Posted by Joneser5000
Let me get this straight, people can ask questions and anyone is allowed to answer them (regardless of their accuracy or qualification) but if an employee of the company answers the question (typically your best source) then you must delete the original post? Where is the logic.
Great points!

If I responded to the questions they'd likely be wrong/inaccurate and add no value. But when an employee of a company answers them then those responses are not wanted?!

I know internet forums are not democracies and they're run for profit so you guys can do what you want but if you risk not giving your customers (forum participants) what they (we) want you risk losing your site's value.

Please find a way to bring this important discussion back to this forum.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:41 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
ugh. that blows. There are Ford salesman all over this forum. They must all be sponsors? It's really too bad as I enjoyed reading that thread.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Tex68w
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skewed logic, sad.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:52 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
ugh. that blows. There are Ford salesman all over this forum. They must all be sponsors?

Old 06-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Hopefully after we all get past the shock of what just happened we can get back to building a solid thread about this fine product. So many questions need to be asked and answered all over again.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:09 PM
redford
Received 1,628 Likes on 952 Posts
It is a fine line, but it was crossed.

For instance, Franz is a salesperson. He does not actively try to sell vehicles or promote the dealership where he works. He generically discusses Ford trucks and tries to educate everyone on vehicle sales. If the discussion may go beyond that, Franz does coordinate with the Moderators and Administrator staff to make sure he stays OK with the rules.

Telling the crowd why your product is superior is promotion, plain and simple.

I am sorry if the crowd doesn't like my actions, but you all agreed to these rules when you registered.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:24 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by redford
It is a fine line, but it was crossed.

For instance, Franz is a salesperson. He does not actively try to sell vehicles or promote the dealership where he works. He generically discusses Ford trucks and tries to educate everyone on vehicle sales. If the discussion may go beyond that, Franz does coordinate with the Moderators and Administrator staff to make sure he stays OK with the rules.

Telling the crowd why your product is superior is promotion, plain and simple.

I am sorry if the crowd doesn't like my actions, but you all agreed to these rules when you registered.

Thanks for explaining that.

Yes, we all agreed to this forum's rules but forum rules are for the owner and when they don't work for the users/members people get tired and leave. There are lots of forumZ out there that suck really hard (https://www.raptorforumz.com/ is one that bans people frequently and has a horrible reputation and has led to the creation of other competing forums).

Perhaps you can reach out to the poster and see what you and he can do to make it work and then find a way to restore the thread without the offending posts?

I hope you'll try

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Old Carli Thread