6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Huge suspension upgrade! Rides like a 1/2 Ton now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From both videos it looks like they allow more axle articulation. Does the rear track different that you have noticed?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cangim
From both videos it looks like they allow more axle articulation. Does the rear track different that you have noticed?
Honestly, he improvement in ride, stability, and road tracking is amazing. Most people don't know that the F450 comes with a large Vibration Damper attached to the back driver side frame rail. It is designed to remove some road vibration that the 450 picks up due to the stiffer suspension and more rigid tires. When I removed it to install the rear Ranch Hand bumper because it wouldn't allow the mounting bolts to line up, I noticed the vibration and it drove me crazy. I found a way using spacers to reattach it and life was great again. To install the Sulastics, it required me to remote it again and that scared the crap out of me. I was really worried that the chassis vibration would drive me nuts. I was blown away to find out that I no longer have any driveline vibration AND my truck tracks better over ruts than it did before the Sulastics.

Guys, I'm really not trying to push anyone into getting them. The minute I have any type of problem with them I will report on it. I was asked for an honest opinion of them and that's what I plan on delivering. So far, I'm extremely happy. I'm hoping that is the way I feel until I trade the truck in.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:09 PM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
I will be ordering mine next week.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD, thanks for the feedback, I thought about putting a similar product on my 99 many years ago, think they were called velvet ride shackles at that time. I am very interest in yours and everyones experience with them. I know it is a truck as most say, but if it can ride like a caddy and still function as a truck, it definitely has my attention.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Full Disclosure Disclaimer: My experience may differ from others because I am not running bone stock setup. I have Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Air Lift air bags, and Torklift stable load wedges added to my truck.

To get a fair feel for the Sulastic hangers, I did not make any changes to the shocks or airbags when I installed the hangers. I left everything as it's been for the last few months. Installed the hangers and drove 300+ miles. I did however make some adjustments for the ride home and it made the ride even better.

My thoughts after over 400 miles on them this weekend. I like them.

Like I said before, makes the rear end less "rigid" and takes the edge off small sharp bumps. They don't do much for large bumps, obviously, since they only have so much articulation to work with.

Running empty bed they make a noticeable difference. The rear still feels firm and you can tell you're driving a HD pickup, but the jolt from bumps is reduced. But.... add about 300lbs of stuff in the bed and they are awesome. Very smooth.

I haven't towed my 5th wheel with them, but I imagine they'll bottom out like JD/Iron Cobra's experience. That's when my airlift bags and stableloads will come into play.

Are they worth $400+ ............ well, that's subjective. If you're a millionaire then $400 is pocket change so yes, buy them. If you're not a millionaire but can afford to drive a modern 6.7L diesel truck, then $400 means a little more to you but.... not out of the realm out what you'd spend on your truck.

I would have felt better if they were in the $250-300 range, but it is what it is.

I don't feel as bad about the price of these things as compared to the $300+ price of the TorkLift StableLoads which are just some cut pieces of plate steel and plain ol' nuts and bolts. But hey... they work... and well. So you pay what they ask and move along.

Overall I'm happy with the hangers and hope they hold up. I'll post updates if anything changes, fails, gets better/worse with them.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:39 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Other than a linex liner, and a pullrite hitch, I've done no upgrades to my truck.
This fall I'll be adding Fox 2.0 shocks, Sulastic HD's, and new Michelins.
Can't wait!

Old 06-12-2017, 09:48 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Iron Cobra,

my pin is very close to 4,000#. 75% of the time i have that load and my combined gross weight is 27,000#. Yes I hate the occasional jolts when empty for such a short time that I don't bother to let air out of the tires,, but they are nothing like an empty 1973 250 or 350 srw was. There are endless ways to spend $400. For me, it went towards disc brakes and 17.5 tires and rims for the heavy 5er.

Originally Posted by IronCobra
I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss them. Your assumptions are based around the rubber failing. If it doesn't fail then would you feel different about them? I have some of those concerns, but this company has been making this product for over 30 years and constantly evolving it to what it is today. Thousands on the road and only a handful of complaints found. Apparently they hold up well, even under load. If mine fail then I will definitely let everyone know when and how the failure occured. I was asked for my honest assessment, which I'm unable to provide at this time until i get the fifth wheel on the back. Because of my generator, loaded toolbox, and hitch/towing box plus my companion hitch, I'm around 2,700lbs over the pin.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:55 PM
DL222
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any word on a promotional pricing for us special people on the forum.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:07 PM
SkiSmuggs
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DL222
Any word on a promotional pricing for us special people on the forum.
I just was offered a discount code to for buyers
SULASTIC RUBBER SPRINGS
Sulastic
$30 off with discount code: BigTruckBigRV

Old 06-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginther
I'll post updates if anything changes, fails, gets better/worse with them.
Just an update.

So yesterday I tuned the ride a little by messing with the adjustable Rancho RX9000XL shocks and the Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate air bags.

I had been running about 10 psi in the bags. I dropped that to zero.

Front shocks were at 9 - turned them down to 6
Rear shocks were are 8 - turned them down to 3

Lowered tire pressure to 50psi all around. Was at 65. (May go back up in front - feels a little soft/sloppy that low.)

WOW! What a difference!

The hangers already made a difference, even with my truck still set to the stiff / towing settings.

Dropping things back down to a more normal stiffness, they really shine.

I'm really diggin them so far.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:21 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday. Cant wait to put them on.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Geno C
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by T diesel
Other than a linex liner, and a pullrite hitch, I've done no upgrades to my truck.
This fall I'll be adding Fox 2.0 shocks, Sulastic HD's, and new Michelins.
Can't wait!
the Fox shocks I put on my 13 dually made a world of difference even my wife noticed!

Old 07-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Tarster
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well.. I am excited.. I just ordered my set, SA-06HD for my 350, BTW, you have to register for an account before the codes work.. Didnt know that till I emailed them.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by js139
I tow very heavy with my truck during the summer and then run empty all winter and commute in it. Something like this that will improve the ride would be something I am highly interested in. If it works, $400 is a reasonable price IMO.
This describes my use perfectly - most of the time I'm tooling around empty - for $400.00 + installation seems worth it.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:25 PM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
I ordered and received the SA-06. Waiting until I get back home. I purposely did not go with the HD, even though I'm a Dually.. As some have said I'm unloaded most of the time, I have bags when I tow heavy.
will update during and after install.

Quick Reply: Huge suspension upgrade! Rides like a 1/2 Ton now!