Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

April 2017 chat

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 05:15 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
April 2017 chat

A third of the year gowing already. Wintere may be over but still 2 weeks till Easter. Glad for the longer days.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:49 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I love the longer days and the pool water is slowly warming up. Little man loves being outside. I can't wait to see what he does at the beach.
He finally figured out how to put food in his mouth on his own!!! He sure is growing up.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:35 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to work today, if you call what I do as work, but drove about 160 miles round trip. Last call was in Marietta, so I decided to try Atlanta. Made it down 75, and took Northside to Collier, to Ptree, to Buford Conn. They opened 85 north, they make them exit onto Buford Conn, and that was the worst of it. Monday will be a nightmare there, so they need to bring their patience.
Got enough supplies from the office for my office in Gainesville to last a few weeks, so no trips to Atlanta.

Got home in plenty of time to cut the grass, at least one item off the list.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:59 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I put together an electric fireplace on Friday night for the mom in-law. Yesterday we moved it and the last few things of furniture to her new house. Worked at her house putting things together since most everything she has is new. Going back today to hang up blinds and do some yard work for her, mow grass, trim bushes, etc. The last thing to move is her bedroom set when she is moving in for good sometime Wednesday/Thursday after they turn on the cable and internet.

The wife gave the OK for me to build a t-bucket or some kind of kit car and use the drive line out of her late fathers 79 truck. What I would save on not having to do the body work alone would buy the kit. I have not seen a t-bucket on the road in a very long time. This little project is at least a year away.

I'm glad I'm on the far west side of town and can't even imagine how crazy that is going to be for drivers for at least the next 4 to 6 months.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:58 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Chief
Glad to hear little man can feed himself "dad can I borrow the Lightning " will be here before you know it even although iti s still along time off. T- buckets are old school. Seams like rat rods are in now. Your m-i-life must love you for all you do for her.

Bob your right your right about the traffic up there. At least they got they guy and charged him with arson. I look for it to go federal since the interstate are national highways maintained by the states.

Yesterday started good turned into one of my typical days. Took about 3 hours to get that pipe off another 1 to get it turned and positioned. Then another to unstuck

Old 04-02-2017, 06:21 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I promised my father in-law before he passed away I would take of the girls: M I-L, wife and daughter. Her other son in law is not so good at helping her in any way so that is one of the main reasons why she decided to buy a house near us, she knows we will help her. I have never had an issue getting along with her and she helps us out too, so it's a win, win for both of us. I invited her to go to Disney World and on the cruise with us and I would pay for them both but she turned them both down.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:29 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I have relato ship with my M-I-L. We pay here sat. bill, medical alert , her cell phone is on our plan 0lus we send her a check every month. We have offered to fly her out her and to take her the cruise she said no.

Heading out for anot her day on the excavator.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 AM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the feeling about the mother in law, She lives about 5 miles away, and Gail sees her almost every day with Dr's visits, shopping, Church. Gails sister pitches in, so today is our time.

Working three Saturdays in a row sucks, with one more to go. Don't have the time to pour the footings for the carport. It will be nice to get it finished so I can keep the truck at the house.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:59 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning to everyone in Georgia.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I mowed the grass, clipped the bushes, installed mini blinds and hung pictures at the mom in-laws new place. Took me a lot longer to do than I had planned but it's all good.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:54 AM
Airborne-F250
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goooood morning georgia!
How ya guys doin! Hope the storm wasnt to bad on ya guys. Im buildin a 16x10ft shed in the back an didnt finish the roof this weekend luckily i did a good job of building it an it didnt blow apart!
Goin to the machinist in a few to drop the motor off for identification and diagnostics. Keep your fingers crossed that its a 390 and that the block is salvageable. Cause i realy dont feel like hunting another block down!
Take it easy guys!

Old 04-04-2017, 05:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
No damage at my house, rained pretty good at work.
I went ahead and ordered the cake and decorations for my daughters birthday for the cruise next year, figure I would buy the extras a little at a time instead of all at one time.

Frost this weekend are you kidding me?? 3 more weeks till our beach weekend and I am so ready.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:27 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Seams like all of always have full plate off things to do. For those of that are older you think we would be bsck8ng off a little. Just takes us longer to get things done.

Got the excavator returned yesterday. One hill I was doing 25. Got back the rental ya4d and smelled brake. One of the trailer brakes was dragging. I still going to change the injectors and pumpipe. My rear tank is still leaking may be the return line go8ng to replace plastic with rubber and pressure test the tank

Airborne
It may be cheaper to buy a crate vs rebuild. There is a racer in town he buys crates now instead of build. The main h8ne work has got crazy

We were head back from the land in downtown Jackson and the sirens were going off. We d3 8ded to wait the storm out instead of drive thru it. Found a nice restaurant that we will go back to. Rather was a tornado abo7t 6 miles from the house

Old 04-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Airborne-F250
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya the crate definitely be cheaper. but this is more about the experience and time with pops and my son teaching, learning, and fun!

Old 04-04-2017, 08:23 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Understand that. Make sure you have them check the heads also

Quick Reply: April 2017 chat