Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Luk Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Lucca
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Luk Clutches

I just ended up in the long line of folks who had their clutch master/slave cylinders bite the dust, which brought me to my research on Luk clutches. Does anyone know a decent clutch shop in the SF bay area that can install the LUK SMFW system ? I live in the east bay between Oakland and San Jose. I would like to do it myself, but my sloped driveway isn't too good for pulling the large manual tranny, and the truck is too high to get into the garage (not to mention having to jack it up 12" or more). Any thoughts, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2003, 04:33 PM
88B_RONC
Senior User
Luk Clutches

Hey lucca
I'm probably gonna order my Luk today or tomorrow but I think I'm gonna do it on my own with two of my buddies, but while I was looking around I found this site
http://www.southbendclutch.com/distributors.html#ca
It looks like there is a shop in San Jose that is a distributor for this company and they do offer the Luk so you might wanna give him a call.

http://www.superior-friction.com/

Old 09-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Lucca
Junior User
Luk Clutches

Thanks Josh. I'm seriously thinking about doing it myself also, but my best helper (nephew) just started his first year in college up in Redding. I would also need to sponge a tranny jack from friends or rent one. It's probably still way cheaper that the shop though. Let me know how it goes. It doesn't seem too difficult after reading the article from Todd Smith, just time consuming. Thanks.

Mike