2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Oil Sludge at 28K on my 3week old CPO 2015 Platinum...?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Freedom1955
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be very interested in what the buy back amount will be. You've had it about a month so they don't owe you your full purchase price. Also what about the sales tax and other fees you paid?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts
The whole situation is interesting to me. The NY dealer still has an opportunity to show that they may have made an honest mistake (or something). How they handle this going forward will probably show their true colors one way or the other. OTOH, they could also dig themselves in deeper.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:30 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
You know. Here's the part that pisses me off...I've been without my truck for 2 weeks now...no rental, being the middle man through this whole thing. I've been more then level headed...for you not to return my call after 3 voicemails today...I'm pissed...

Tomorrow I will not be as calm as I was prepared to be today....I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
JKBrad
Received 808 Likes on 593 Posts
I take it that they picked it up? Does CPO entitle you to a a loaner or rental? I hope they don't work on it without your authorization. I would not trust that dealer under any circumstances.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 AM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
Originally Posted by JKBrad
I take it that they picked it up? Does CPO entitle you to a a loaner or rental? I hope they don't work on it without your authorization. I would not trust that dealer under any circumstances.
Yes, Part of the CPO program is a rental up to $30 a day.

I have not autorized them to do any repairs on the truck until we get a confirmation on what we are going to do, buyback, new motor, etc...I still want a buyback

Old 05-11-2017, 12:33 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
So I talked to the GM, the UCSM was in and out. The long story short is...truck is still at local dealer. They are waiting for the transport. They want their techs to look at it. "Like a doctor with a second opinion" was the term he used. I told him the main issue with this is I have been without a car for 2 weeks now. What am I supposed to do without a car that I am paying on? I said I need to know what we are doing. Are we doing a buyback? I told them the only way I would accept this car back is if it has a new motor, new turbos and new oil flow lines. Or if you had another 2017 Platinum we could make a deal on, but I don’t think you do. I said that I ultimately thought I paid for a vehicle I didn’t get and I don’t think you guys thought you were selling. SO that’s why I’m looking for the buyback. SO should I start looking for a new truck or what? He said "Yes I would start looking for another Truck. I said "SO when are we looking at having this resolved, decisions made, etc.? He said "Well as soon as I can get the truck here and my guys can take a look at it. I said "I don’t know how much UCSM told you, but here’s the deal. The main issue we have here is that the truck was certified without the inspection done, at the time you asked your tech to inspect it or after I contacted you. Whether the tech pencil whipped it or it was thrown together after the fact is irrelevant to me. The reason I know this is because my truck has an aftermarket oil filter on it. and based off of what your UCSM told me it is REQUIRED that you change the filter and put a Motorcraft oil filter on it and mine had an aftermarket filter on it. He said under his breath "oh Jesus". Along with that the air filter was gross, so here’s the short of it. The inspection didn’t happen. He said "Well I have a work order that says it did so we need to look at it" I said I understand that, but here’s the deal...it didn’t happen period. That’s an internal issue, because if it did happen, you would have caught this." He said "Yes we would have." I said “I don’t think this is the way you do business. He responded "no its not" I said "So this is a unique situation, so I need to know what my next steps are so I can get on with my life. This is way too long.” He said “I am hoping to get the truck here by tomorrow or the end of the weekend. We should have answers by Monday or Tuesday of next week.” There was some other conversation, but those were the main points.
So I guess this is still moving forward and they are looking at buyback as well. However, I am tired of waiting and not having a solid date or answer. I’ve decided I am reaching out to my NY attorney for council and to assist if this goes beyond the end of the weekend. I was very nice and calm, but concerned about the way this is dragging and I told him I wanted daily updates on the transport and what’s going on. We will see how this pans out over the next few days. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Did they ever get your truck back to the original dealer?

Old 05-16-2017, 01:11 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
Truck is back the dealer and they are "assessing" it. GM told me that he will clal me today to discuss it all. waiting on that call now.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
Well I'm happy to say here are the results...

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: Justin Johnson F150 Platinum
Hello GM,
Looking to see what time we can discuss your findings. Need to talk before
5pm today.
JJ
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:42 PM, GM wrote:
Justin,

We flushed the engine, put the correct oil filter on, put brand new
air filter in and the truck drove great last night. Our master technician
looked at the car and sees nothing wrong with it after the flush. He feels
the engine sounded and felt great during his test drive. Matt, our pre-owned
manager will be taking it on an extended drive tonight to make sure there
are no further issues.

General Manager
WE still need to discuss this. This doesn't solve the problem that your technician did NOT complete the proper inspection or service. Nor does it solve the problem that the motor has had 1 oil change at 3,000 miles and one other its entire life. The fact that to motor is running "fine" after you flushed the 25,000 mile sludge is irrelevant. The damage to the motor has already been done by the previous owner. If proper inspection would have been done on this truck you would not have been able to "Certify" it based on the oil sludge and not being able to provide the service records for that motor. The Carfax that reads "maintenance performed" does not mean oil changed. I spoke with the original dealer and they NEVER changed the oil on that truck. Based on that information it cannot be certified.
The problem we have here is that you falsely sold me a "certified" vehicle without actually doing the certification which is a breach in contract and a false representation of the product, therefore it is protected under the NY lemon laws. I paid for what you told me was a certified truck, backed by ford. The fact that the previous owner neglected the truck voids my Ford warranty. I have already confirmed this with Ford over the last 2 weeks. If any part of that motor would need work and is replaced by a ford dealer and sent in for inspection by Ford, they will not cover the work because the previous owner neglected service on this vehicle. Hence the reason my dealer couldn't touch it.
FORD ESP told my dealer not to touch that truck because of their analysis and the potential damage of that motor.
I do not have to except the fact that you decided to flush the 25,000K sludge from the motor and replace the pieces that I found and called out in my own inspection. The solution of flushing the sludge from a potentially damaged motor is NOT acceptable. My expectable solution to this is that you do a full buy back on this truck, based on the fact that you falsely used the Manufacturers certification and did not perform the necessary steps to do so. Please call me TODAY to discuss this further. This has gone on long enough and I want permanent resolution on this ASAP. Thanks.
Regards,
Justin Johnson
Date: May 16, 2017 at 3:24:32 PM EDT
I will need you to come in with the title and if there is a lien on the title, from an outside bank, I will need to pay that bank off in order to receive the lien release.
General Manager

Thank you all for your support on this! I wasnt going to back down and held true to that...

Sad it took me to threaten them with that, but thats what it was going to take...let the shopping for a new truck begin.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Sweet! Hopefully you find another truck that fits your needs. Just remember to check the oil before you sign anything lol.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:25 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry for all the BS. you've had to deal with, but CONGRATULATIONS
on the outcome!!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 08:23 PM
scott91370
Fleet Mechanic
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Glad it is all working out. Really sucks but better to find out as quick as you did and not when, not if, something happens and they would have denied warranty.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
Originally Posted by Terryd91
Sweet! Hopefully you find another truck that fits your needs. Just remember to check the oil before you sign anything lol.
HAHA if nothing is learned from any of this...CHecking the oil will be the FIRST thing I do no matter what! lol

Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,230 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonPlatinum34
HAHA if nothing is learned from any of this...CHecking the oil will be the FIRST thing I do no matter what! lol
I'm kind of surprised that he didn't offer to warranty the hell out of the truck in hopes that you would keep it. That would have been my first offer over the phone had I been him. But, I'm happy for you and I hope you take the time to look into a new truck and perhaps at a dealer closer to home this time, LOL.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:37 PM
CarbonPlatinum34
Junior User
Originally Posted by tseekins
I'm kind of surprised that he didn't offer to warranty the hell out of the truck in hopes that you would keep it. That would have been my first offer over the phone had I been him. But, I'm happy for you and I hope you take the time to look into a new truck and perhaps at a dealer closer to home this time, LOL.
Part of the issue is he never actually called me, like he said he would...shocker...

I have been talking with my wife and we are going to try and buy NEW (based on our experience) and I will be taking a trip to my local dealer to give them first dibs...because they deserve it.

Quick Reply: Oil Sludge at 28K on my 3week old CPO 2015 Platinum...?!