Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 12:38 AM
dlcorbett
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 lincoln navigator

main differences from the expy:

1. engine tuned to be atleast 450hp and 500lb torque

2. 2 different audio system options, std 14 speaker revel audio, and 20 speaker revel ultima option

3. the lincoln 30 way seats

4. heads up display

5. interior design

other than that, the production navi is very close to the concept. it actually seems like the expy was designed with more the navi in mind as the navi's looks fit the trucks general designs cues better. all in all both ford and lincoln did an amazing job with the 4th gen trucks. i know the expy seems a bit more divided with looks, the navi looks gorgeous and though its not perfect is definitely a step in the right direction for lincoln

Old 04-12-2017, 04:54 AM
Fmc4lfe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Home run, my 16 is awesome and 2 year lease will be up just in time I can't wait to get one. Must be the raptor motor which makes me think the expy platinum will have the same cause ford said the platinum will have its own motor separate from the xlt and limited models.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:48 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
This is hands down the best looking Navi that Ford has come out with in a very very long time. Score!

Old 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM
U9000
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unfortunately, I see a Yukon/Suburban with a Volvo grill. Those have a very similar belt line crease, and there's the boxy Volvo type grill and fairly similar headlights to an XC90. Of course, it also has the curved upper portion of a Bentley grill, so maybe that's a good thing. I like the interior of it, though. That does look like they've stepped up the game.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 PM
gpfarrell
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a winner on space, function, features, performance, and style.

Not digging the tacked on I-pad like screen.

Hopeful Lincoln marketing allows the full palette of colors across various trim levels and styles... but looks like a worthy successor to our venerable '07 L.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Big Sky
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I like it a lot. Way better than the last few years. The only thing I don't care for is the push button tranny.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:44 AM
dlcorbett
Tuned
i like how the production looks almost identical to the concept but better. theres nothing i dnt like, mayb that it doesnt have a cd player. the tablet style screen is pretty much normal in this class, only the rr, qx80, and escalde dont have tablet screens now, but im certain they probably will after they are refreshed or remodeled. its funny how the wheels were lauded on the concept but now are poorly recieved, o my the times. i love the new style rims though, not the turbines, though the turbines are ok and look nice in motion. i wonder if the spied version wheels will be avilable.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:59 PM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Best view.

I approve.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:36 AM
ZGKiwi
Freshman User
Epic fail by Ford/Lincoln design studios IMHO

Sure the interior looks spacious and comfortably appointed as you would expect from a vehicle in this class

But that huge brick like chrome grill in your face, the gaping black mouth shaped gap beneath it, the excessive chrome trim down the sides, the frumpy droopy taillight array. I think it's garish and ugly.

And that touchscreen! Seriously, it's 2017 not 1999. How can you not properly integrate a touchscreen into your dash design in this day and age? Something looking like an iPad mini stuck on a third party accessory mount isn't going to cut it.

I don't see this winning over many Escalade shoppers and the discerning Ford/Lincoln buyer will likely stick with the expy.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Christian's1988Ford
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Really nice looking truck IMO. I would never buy it, but I'm absolutely NOT a luxury car guy anyway.

I don't think the touchscreen is nearly as garish as it seems. It looks like it slides into the dash when's not in use, and slides out automatically when you need it. Notice how the top edge of the screen looks exactly like the bottom edge of the vent escutcheon that it's sitting on; which means that it should slide in to blend in with the vent face. Pretty cool feature, actually!

Anyone notice the 20.2 average MPG display on the gauge? I'd guess this is a hint at the combined MPG rating this EB should get.

I also like the way the interior looks. I like the 'bump' going across the dash, looks very '50s!

Old 04-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Fmc4lfe
Senior User
Best looking one ever.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:35 AM
dlcorbett
Tuned
Originally Posted by ZGKiwi
Epic fail by Ford/Lincoln design studios IMHO

Sure the interior looks spacious and comfortably appointed as you would expect from a vehicle in this class

But that huge brick like chrome grill in your face, the gaping black mouth shaped gap beneath it, the excessive chrome trim down the sides, the frumpy droopy taillight array. I think it's garish and ugly.

And that touchscreen! Seriously, it's 2017 not 1999. How can you not properly integrate a touchscreen into your dash design in this day and age? Something looking like an iPad mini stuck on a third party accessory mount isn't going to cut it.

I don't see this winning over many Escalade shoppers and the discerning Ford/Lincoln buyer will likely stick with the expy.

i dont see this happening. though the looks are a bit garish for some, it seems the vast majority actually approve of the looks and par for the course in this class. all in all, this is a huge improvement over the current gen model specifically speaking on presumably not a huge budget(though improving, lincoln doesnt sell too well as a whole, they wouldn't be able to do all they wanted i would think). some may find the touch-screen tacky, but the big thing, materials quality, def seems class competitive and vasty superior to the escalade.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 AM
NevadaGeo
New User
Where's the gear selector? Am I missing something here?? Oh, I see it, push buttons on the dash like the old Oldsmobile's of 50's.

Does that mean there is no "manual mode"?

Old 04-25-2017, 12:08 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
the nav will come with paddle shifters.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:54 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
2018 nav build and price

http://shop.lincoln.com/build/navigator/2018/#/select/

Quick Reply: 2018 lincoln navigator