2017 Ford F-250 shock recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 03:37 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,201 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by Good listener
Fluid Film smells so bad it repels the neighbors cats that were walking on my hood until I started using it! Apparently it works well for many different applications.
Another fine tip! I used to use an electric "scat mat" on my hood years ago for that. I'd love to see a video of that first night...

Old 03-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Good listener
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Another fine tip! I used to use an electric "scat mat" on my hood years ago for that. I'd love to see a video of that first night...
LOL, me too!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:07 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going with Fox 2.0 this time around. Nothing wrong with Bilstein but they were a bit firm when unloaded for my taste so trying something different. I like the adjustable Rancho 9000's but up here where they salt all winter, they wouldn't be adjustable for long....
i actually ordered the fox 2.0 this morning from auto anything. They have a 10% off right now, so picked them up for $460 for all 4 corners out the door. I live in Florida so I didn't have to pay taxes.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:12 PM
System
Prolocutor
Rob, did you also order the bushings and sleeves to convert them to fit a 2017? The 2016 version isn't a direct bolt in and until Fox has a 2017 PN available, this is our only option. AutoAnything incorrectly has the rear 2011-2016 part number as fitting the 2017 on their website. The fronts are the same though and will be a carryover.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
Rob, did you also order the bushings and sleeves to convert them to fit a 2017? The 2016 version isn't a direct bolt in and until Fox has a 2017 PN available, this is our only option. AutoAnything incorrectly has the rear 2011-2016 part number as fitting the 2017 on their website. The fronts are the same though and will be a carryover.
so these will not have the smaller sleeve for the rear lower mount? Also, what bushings are you speaking of? Well that sucks. Do you have the bushing and sleeve part numbers? I can retrofit I guess.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
Originally Posted by Rob_17
so these will not have the smaller sleeve for the rear lower mount? Also, what bushings are you speaking of? Well that sucks. Do you have the bushing and sleeve part numbers? I can retrofit I guess.
i just realized the bushings center the sleeve on the lower portion of the shock.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:40 PM
System
Prolocutor
Wow, those Autoanything reps are real arrogant SOB's Rob. I was just in contact with Fox a couple days ago about this. They told me they do NOT have a part number for the 2017's yet. The front shocks are carryovers but the rears have a different lower bushing and sleeve. You can retro in the busing sleeve by pressing the old one out and the new one in. They told me the 2017 part number won't be out for another 2 months so if you want them now, you can just buy the bushings and sleeves separately. It's about $20 for the 4 pieces. Part numbers they gave me are 024-11-002-A and 213-28-007-B. You'd need two of each. Anyways, I just tried to contact Auto Anything on this and one of the most arrogant DB's I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with named Joe C. insisted that they know more than me or Fox about what fits and disconnected the chat. I would NEVER buy anything from them after that.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
Wow, those Autoanything reps are real arrogant SOB's Rob. I was just in contact with Fox a couple days ago about this. They told me they do NOT have a part number for the 2017's yet. The front shocks are carryovers but the rears have a different lower bushing and sleeve. You can retro in the busing sleeve by pressing the old one out and the new one in. They told me the 2017 part number won't be out for another 2 months so if you want them now, you can just buy the bushings and sleeves separately. It's about $20 for the 4 pieces. Part numbers they gave me are 024-11-002-A and 213-28-007-B. You'd need two of each. Anyways, I just tried to contact Auto Anything on this and one of the most arrogant DB's I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with named Joe C. insisted that they know more than me or Fox about what fits and disconnected the chat. I would NEVER buy anything from them after that.
Well Joe C. Sounds like a sounds like a Piece of work. I haven't been able to find the sleeve with part number 213-28-007-B. I was able to find part # 213-28-001-B. It is a 3/4" OD, it is 1.675" in length, and accepts a 14MM bolt. Does that sound right? The bushing is 3/4" ID X 1.300" TLG. If not, do you know of a place to get the parts needed?

Old 03-25-2017, 06:12 PM
System
Prolocutor
I think you can buy direct from Fox. I'd call them first thing Monday. When I called a couple days ago, I asked for the truck division and talked to a guy who really knew his product. I'm guessing you'd get the same guy. I think he implied that if I didn't want to wait for the 17 PN that I could buy direct from him.

PS: If you do, mention to them that AutoAnything might need to update their fitment system...

Old 03-25-2017, 07:16 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
I think you can buy direct from Fox. I'd call them first thing Monday. When I called a couple days ago, I asked for the truck division and talked to a guy who really knew his product. I'm guessing you'd get the same guy. I think he implied that if I didn't want to wait for the 17 PN that I could buy direct from him.

PS: If you do, mention to them that AutoAnything might need to update their fitment system...
I didn't want to go through the process of having to replace the sleeve and bushing on brand new shocks so I just cancelled the order from auto anything. I read on another post that Stage3 sells the BDS branded Fox 2.0's with the proper bushing and sleeve. I will place my order through them instead.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:25 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Rob_17
I didn't want to go through the process of having to replace the sleeve and bushing on brand new shocks so I just cancelled the order from auto anything. I read on another post that Stage3 sells the BDS branded Fox 2.0's with the proper bushing and sleeve. I will place my order through them instead.
I would hold off on that too Rob. The BDS version of the Fox 2.0 is valved differently according to the rep at Fox I spoke with and may not ride as nicely as their valving. I'd either wait for the correct Fox version or do the bushing and sleeve swap out...

Old 03-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Rob_17
Junior User
i just chatted with the same guy, Joe C. To confirm my order cancellation. I mentioned the rear shocks they have listed are not compatible with the 2017 Superduty, and he would not even acknowledge the issue, and just cutoff the chat session when I mentioned it. I don't think I will be doing business with them anymore either. Thanks for the information about the shocks. I'd be pretty pissed trying to install the rears only to find out they won't mount up.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:14 AM
System
Prolocutor
To just cut off the chat on two different customers is crazy. I was very polite too. All he would have to say is that he'd be happy to check with the manufacturer first thing Monday and thanks for the info. Clearly he's in the wrong line of work.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:29 AM
System
Prolocutor
Rob, keep an eye on your refund from Autoanything. I just stumbled across this.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.autoanything.com

Old 03-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Rob_17
Junior User
Rob, keep an eye on your refund from Autoanything. I just stumbled across this.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.autoanything.com
They decided to ship the shocks anyways even though I cancelled the order not even one hour after I placed it, as well as confirming with Joe C. That the order was cancelled. I guess I will be getting the bushings and sleeves for these shocks.

Quick Reply: 2017 Ford F-250 shock recommendation