2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

My Local Dealer Won't Match or Beat ESP Prices from Online Flood Ford or Ziegler Ford

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:29 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Habemus Quattro
Unless you actually saw an invoice for what Flood is paying for those service plans, I would not trust that your Ford rep either has or is giving you correct information.
This is my view.

I very much doubt Flood is losing actual cash on any warranty they sell, although the profit is minimal.

Look, if I tell you I am going to buy 5000 of a thing and another guy tells you he will by 500 of thing, who gets the better price?

Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Look, if I tell you I am going to buy 5000 of a thing and another guy tells you he will by 500 of thing, who gets the better price?
No doubt, but normally you'd be encouraging your distributors to increase their yields, not lying and saying no such bonus exists! I'll figure it out here eventually.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Frantz
No doubt, but normally you'd be encouraging your distributors to increase their yields, not lying and saying no such bonus exists! I'll figure it out here eventually.
My guess is that these particular dealerships specialize in moving that particular item and may go above the typical channels to get pricing.

"Look, Ford, I'm gonna advertise these things like crazy. I'm gonna dedicate a whole website just for these warranty sales. Plus, I'm gonna sell 5000 of 'em. Hook me up with a great discount."

It is better for Ford anyway, just b/c more warranties sold spreads their repair risk even further.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Yes, but they said "Flood buys the warranty at the exact same price that you do."

Old 03-20-2017, 02:38 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Oh, I suspect they do.

At the end of the year though, Ford probably rebates them some money based on the the amount they've sold.

I saw this quite a bit selling computer hardware. I would see deals on occasion where the other reseller sold stuff to the customer that I knew was below his actual cost. He would do that so his selling bonus would kick in, effectively lowering his true cost.

I am just speculating on the warranty deal though. There isn't a ton of margin in them, unless you really sell a lot of 'em.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
There isn't a ton of margin in them, unless you really sell a lot of 'em.
Well there is a good margin in them at the general dealership level... that's why Flood has become popular on here. That being said, our finance manager has been here 6 years or so and told me it's only ever come up once or twice. Again, showing that the forums are not a good slice of the buying public.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Boilermaker374
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Well there is a good margin in them at the general dealership level... that's why Flood has become popular on here. That being said, our finance manager has been here 6 years or so and told me it's only ever come up once or twice. Again, showing that the forums are not a good slice of the buying public.
Does your dealership offer a third party ESP or
or just ford's plan or both.
My salesman in the past only offered a third party plan, I guess if I wanted ford's plan I'd have to ask for it...... He never mentioned Ford
as an option.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Agree 100%. Look at how few "views" this section of the site has relative to how many 2017 SD's are rolling out.

In the Corvette world, there is dealer that specializes in GMPP warranties and sells them all over. Same deal as Flood; he has the lowest price.

Little bitty place too, up in Montana, IIRC.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:19 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Boilermaker374
Does your dealership offer a third party ESP or
or just ford's plan or both.
My salesman in the past only offered a third party plan, I guess if I wanted ford's plan I'd have to ask for it...... He never mentioned Ford
as an option.

Third party warranties are mess, IMO.
Maybe they've gotten way better, but I wouldn't consider one.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:35 PM
mwillmont
5th Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyct
Ziegler and Flood both sell genuine Ford ESP contracts. My experience with out of state dealers selling ESPs at discount has been positive.

In the past I bought an ESP at significant discounts from Jerry Johnson at Midwest Supercenter and from Troy Dietrich at Greenfield Ford via phone and Internet. Both registered the warranty within a week and I received a warranty booklet/policy in the mail quickly. I call Ford Customer Service any time I have extended warranty to confirm. The only time a warranty was not recorded was when a local dealer did not report my sale of a CPO to Ford.

Unfortunately Florida no longer allows warranties written by out of State dealers.
Zeigler told me on the phone that they had dealerships in Florida and they could sell Ford ESP in the state.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:46 PM
bowler304
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BII Plow Truck
You'd think they'd want to make something and not miss out on the sale, but a $625 difference is huge. Do Flood, Ziegler, and Genuine sell at a "Loss Leader"? I can't imagine they do as the chances they ever see the vehicle to work on it is slim to nil. Or do these dealers get special volume pricing???
According to my dealer they are 35.00 over cost, and they would rather sell for that then make the big money. It pissed my dealer off as well, but I told them don't worry I will buy theirs, and they finally matched the price. I did the 8/100K warranty for 2100 with a 100.00 deductible!

Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
My question to those who have purchased.... do they have any process or other fees?
No fees, no extra for CC payment, just no "no interest' finance like offered when buying with the vehicle sale.

Originally Posted by JasonB1
Third party warranties are mess, IMO.
Maybe they've gotten way better, but I wouldn't consider one.
This just out today in the news.

Large N.J. car dealer sold customers fake warranties, suit alleges

Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
The first ESP that I bought from Flood I actually called Ford to verify that it was genuine and it was. Since then I have bought many from them

Frantz doesn't Ford have different price structures for vehicle costs for volume dealers over the small town dealers? If so why wouldn't the ESP prices be the same way?

Old 03-25-2017, 09:57 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
From Flood Ford's website

Is this the same product that is sold at my local Ford Dealership?
Yes. These ESP contracts are backed by Ford Motor Company and are sold in all Ford/Lincoln Dealerships. Your ESP will be honored at all Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealerships. We sell in volume and can therefore offer great discounts over your local Ford dealer.

So Ford must offer volume discounts

Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
From Flood Ford's website

Is this the same product that is sold at my local Ford Dealership?
Yes. These ESP contracts are backed by Ford Motor Company and are sold in all Ford/Lincoln Dealerships. Your ESP will be honored at all Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealerships. We sell in volume and can therefore offer great discounts over your local Ford dealer.

So Ford must offer volume discounts
I certainly know very little about Fords and how they do business, but I do know on the Chevy/GMC side, its NOT have big the dealer is, its how many units it moves...hence you have dealers that the showroom is a carport, yes a carport, no walls, just a roof and only large enough for one truck, that sells units across the US and many others move a lot of volume out of towns that don't have a stoplight.

I am sure that Ford must be similar in its approach to its dealers on any product they sell, not the size, the number of acres, or the great cookies in the waiting room, but bottom line how do you move. The internet has changed the whole nature of the game.

Quick Reply: My Local Dealer Won't Match or Beat ESP Prices from Online Flood Ford or Ziegler Ford