A4LD Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 09:12 AM
93texexp
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A4LD Help

I've just finished rebuilding the A4LD transmission in my '93 Explorer and I need a little help.

I have a dual solenoid throttle body and during the rebuild I installed the Transgo Jr. shift kit.

Neither the shift kit documentation nor the ASTG manual clearly addresses where the wires from the case solenoid connector connect to the solenoids. Unfortunately, I didn't pay close enough attention at disassembly.

There are 3 wires coming from the case solenoid connector, 2 reds and 1 blue, additionally, another blue wire originates near the connector clip of one of the red wires. This gives me a total of 4 wires to connect, 2 red and 2 blue. The ASTG manual has a diagram which makes me believe that the 2 blue leads connect to the 3-4 shift solenoid and the 2 red leads connect to the converter clutch solenoid, therefore, this is what I've done. Also, I am assuming that the 2 leads going to each solenoid simply energize the solenoid, therefore, it isn't really important which wire connects to which post on the solenoid.

Have I connected the correct wires to the correct solenoids?

Does it matter which wire connects to which post on the solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.