2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Changing mirror caps

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 03:04 AM
e23barton
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing mirror caps

I'm not the biggest fan of the chrome and the color matched mirror caps on the new Super Duties. I saw this picture with an XLT that has flat black plastic caps on it. Does anybody know if you can order and put those caps onto the mirrors that come with a Lariat Ultimate?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 PM
17STROKES
Junior User
Yes u can u can order chrome, textured flat black to match the rest of the mirror or unfinished so that you can paint to match truck

Old 02-27-2017, 07:47 PM
e23barton
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by 17STROKES
Yes u can u can order chrome, textured flat black to match the rest of the mirror or unfinished so that you can paint to match truck
The parts guy at the dealership today said no about the textured flat black ones to replace my colored ones but he did not look at his computer when telling me that. I hoping that he ends up being wrong.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM
17STROKES
Junior User
Well where does he think the body shops get replacement parts for the xlt mirror, some people are just plain lazy. When I run into people like that I usually tell them if they are to lazy to work why don't they just go home and lick their ****. Hey sometimes I'm not a very nice guy stupidity irritates me.
Here are the part numbers hc3z-17d743-aa and hc3z-17d742-aa tell the parts jerk u need about 40% off for doing his job for him. While I was at It I would report him to the dealer for not doing his job. Hey e23barton don't mine me I'm just venting, some of these parts people are just plain lazy, thank goodness I have a good one, that's where I got the parts numbers from. List. Price is about $9 you can buy them for around $6 Good luck. Don't forget to check the part numbers and make sure they are what u want.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 AM
afacey
Senior User
Well where does he think the body shops get replacement parts for the xlt mirror, some people are just plain lazy. When I run into people like that I usually tell them if they are to lazy to work why don't they just go home and lick their ****. Hey sometimes I'm not a very nice guy stupidity irritates me.
Here are the part numbers hc3z-17d743-aa and hc3z-17d742-aa tell the parts jerk u need about 40% off for doing his job for him. While I was at It I would report him to the dealer for not doing his job. Hey e23barton don't mine me I'm just venting, some of these parts people are just plain lazy, thank goodness I have a good one, that's where I got the parts numbers from. List. Price is about $9 you can buy them for around $6 Good luck. Don't forget to check the part numbers and make sure they are what u want.
thanks!

Old 02-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Fittycal
New User
Does anyone have any experience removing the caps? I loosened the clips just behind the mirror but there is something else holding it towards the center. I can't stand all the plastic clips used on these vehicles. Makes me cringe every time I pull a piece of trim off. Thanks

Old 02-28-2017, 12:52 PM
lifelineamb
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if you don't mind breaking the tabs on the caps you plan to remove and you already got the top part separated, just take a plastic trim removal tool and pry the cap backward, the bottom clips will snap off and it will break free. I can't be certain, but when I removed mine, it seemed like you would have to disassemble the mirror to remove the old cap without breaking the tabs. installing the new one is easy, insert the bottom tabs first and then the top part will snap in place. Again, there may be a way to remove without breaking the tabs but I used the gorilla method as I didn't care about the old caps.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 PM
e23barton
Mountain Pass
Thank you so much for part numbers as now I can go in and just order what I need without the headache of dealing with him.

I agree with you about people being lazy at their jobs. I work extremely hard at my job (project manager) because I feel your work ethic is reflection of who you are as a person. For the life of me, I can't understand how people can just be so lazy and complacent.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Fittycal
New User
I really don't want to break them. I was planning to do black chrome on the existing ones.

Old 02-28-2017, 06:05 PM
17STROKES
Junior User
Originally Posted by e23barton
Thank you so much for part numbers as now I can go in and just order what I need without the headache of dealing with him.

I agree with you about people being lazy at their jobs. I work extremely hard at my job (project manager) because I feel your work ethic is reflection of who you are as a person. For the life of me, I can't understand how people can just be so lazy and complacent.
You are welcome, just make sure they are the ones u want before ordering when he looks them up they will have a description that will let u know they are what u want, I'm fairly sure they are the right ones, my parts guy is usually right.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 PM
white_dc
Junior User
Here are the part numbers hc3z-17d743-aa and hc3z-17d742-aa .
A year later.... Thank you for the awesome info! saved me some hassle!

Old 01-11-2018, 07:57 AM
17STROKES
Junior User
You’re welcome

Old 01-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Becorum
Junior User
Any info on how to remove without breaking tabs?

Old 01-11-2018, 08:31 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Becorum
Junior User
Originally Posted by h20camper
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Changing mirror caps