1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying a 6.7, Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Power
Pocket, that is a pretty neat tracking system you guys have. In your case, do drivers take pretty good care of vehicles as far as cleaning, checking fluids etc??? I just don't know how some people can let their vehicles get so trashed! There were 3 pretty bad 11+ pickups on this auction imo... It is really truly amazing.

If I worked for a company where I was provided with a decent work truck, I would take good care of it, including keeping it clean as the norm.

IMO, clean pickups always give a better representation for a business!
For the most part the guys are pretty good about keeping them clean. When they do the pre and post trip, checking fluid levels is on the list. The trucks have tool boxes on them and in the tool boxes there are tow straps, oil, windshield washer, brake, fluid , power steering fluid, transmission fluid socket set, wrench set pliers setand screw driver set along with an extra serpentine belt and box with assorted hose clamps.

Most of the guys treat them like their own but as I said in my earlier post the company tries to keep the same guys driving the trucks, there are a few guys over the years that were driving them like they stole them but anyone who drives a company vehicle has to go thru the companies safety program upon hire and part of that is a defensive driving course and you have to sign a form with all the rules in regards to driving the truck and tin that form they spell out infractions and what will get you in trouble.

The onus is on the guys though to report any issues on the pre and post trip, because a manager is going to check the pre and post trip forms and then look over the truck and make sure what the driver put down is correct after they view the form and look at the truck, if something isnt right compared to the truck and the pre or post trip, then that wont look too good for whoever signed off either driver or manager.

We ha have a big yard and all are trucks are parked on the end of it next to the building and that is in the gated area around the yard. One guy was driving too fast leaving the yard and had decided to open only one half of the gate, well he ended up clipping the gate and putting a huge swipe mark down the passengers side of the box along with a big indentation, so the guy who was driving thought he'd just do the post trip and not mention it.

Well the service manager goes to check the post trip and part way thru see's the passenger side and came into the office fuming mad, looks to review on the surveillance cameras to see who got out of that truck and compares it to the name on the post trip and the next morning, the driver the company safety officer and the girl from HR along with the service manager all had a sit down and the driver denied that happened when he had it but I dont think the driver was aware that us managers check their pre and post trip on the trucks, they then showed him the surveillance footage of him pulling into the parking spot and getting out...so he fessed up and told them he clipped the gate which no one realized is where the swipe marks and indentation came from. Needless to say he was paid for the day but told to go home and come in for his shift in the morning. Next thing they did after the meeting was talk it over with the big guy and the guy was terminated for violating the company's driver safety program and he got the axe when he came in that next morning

I dont recall what the head of safety said it costs to GPS the truck and the monitoring of it, but it is all designed so the vehicles dont get beat to hell and to keep the insurance rates low. Mind you we only keep the trucks till they hit in between 150k to 200k and then they offer them for sale internally to the employees. The offers can be pretty decent for the trucks. If a employee decides to buy one it has to be for the asking price. If the asking price is met, then they take the tool box out and the guy from communications place comes in and takes out the GPS system and the cb radio and the other radio system but they leave the cell phone booster in the trucks ( dont know why but they do. Trucks with service canopys depending on the age of the canopy may be sold with the truck, and if the employee who bought it doesnt want it they just take it to the auction when the next batch of trucks go that no employees took up the offer for