2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trucks built the week of 6 February

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 05:10 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LaydBack
I'm still waiting...eta went from 3/4 to 3/7...dealer did confirm the $750...don't know that I get any loyalty $$$ from the 12 F350 KR I just sold, since I didn't trade it....got $2500 more than my dealer agreed to.
I think I could have gotten a bit more by selling my truck outright than by trading it in as it is in mint condition and only has 43K miles on it. However, here in Colorado, the trade in value actually goes to reduce the price that you pay sales tax on. So, based on the sales tax where I live, I would have needed to get over $3,500 more selling it outright to break even. I decided it probably wasn't worth the effort.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:16 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll do the trade in route because mine is a company vehicle (my company) and i do not want to pay capital gains on it and as you said, reduce the tax of the new purchase.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:20 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Depending on when mine arrives, I too may be out of town. But it will be at a Shelby event and I'll be in my 2012 GT500 playing on a track, so I actually will not be missing my new truck.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:56 PM
EricRom
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD
EricRom, Did you get anything in the mail for the $750, or did your dealer look it up in their system?
Nothing in the mail and I also called Ford customer service and there was nothing under my name. I think it may be something the dealer can use if needed as an option but not sure. I was surprised when my salesperson told me I was getting a total of $1750 in rebates.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by EricRom
Nothing in the mail and I also called Ford customer service and there was nothing under my name. I think it may be something the dealer can use if needed as an option but not sure. I was surprised when my salesperson told me I was getting a total of $1750 in rebates.
Thanks much for that. The more I know walking in the door, the better the likely outcome.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:04 PM
LaydBack
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I could have gotten a bit more by selling my truck outright than by trading it in as it is in mint condition and only has 43K miles on it. However, here in Colorado, the trade in value actually goes to reduce the price that you pay sales tax on. So, based on the sales tax where I live, I would have needed to get over $3,500 more selling it outright to break even. I decided it probably wasn't worth the effort.
I still get to deduct the selling price from the new truck price, and just pay sales tax on the difference, which in this case I'll have $2500 less to have to pay taxes on....As long as it's within 180 days of my selling my 12.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:06 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by LaydBack
I still get to deduct the selling price from the new truck price, and just pay sales tax on the difference, which in this case I'll have $2500 less to have to pay taxes on....As long as it's within 180 days of my selling my 12.
Wow, that's a great law in MO. Most states don't have that...

Old 02-26-2017, 07:49 PM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofords
Oh no, we have still to determine the trade. I didn't want to get started on that until the winch and front bumper were changed out. I also did a grill upgrade and because of the stock bumper, I had to re install my original grill. That made me wash it and then ..... well you know.
This is just me and just my opinion you can take it or leave it. I would never trade in a 16yr old truck all the dealer is looking at is a liability it's to old to be at a dealer it will go on the "back lot" they will probably give you a deeper discount on the sale price of the new truck without the trade.
A truck like you are describing sound like a labour of love and probably has more sentimental value then it's worth I would look at selling it privately to another truck lover that can appreciate the work and maintenance time you have put in to it you will probably get double what the dealer is willing to give you

Old 02-27-2017, 12:00 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Well, got confirmation this morning, the railcar with my truck has arrived at the rail ramp here in Denver. Now, the pacing back and forth begins.

The funny part is that my house is about half way between the rail ramp and my dealer. It will have to go past me in order for me to go get it. Oh well!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
grampscamper
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, got confirmation this morning, the railcar with my truck has arrived at the rail ramp here in Denver. Now, the pacing back and forth begins.

The funny part is that my house is about half way between the rail ramp and my dealer. It will have to go past me in order for me to go get it. Oh well!!!
Good news!!! Sounds like you'll have it in a day or two.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:07 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by grampscamper
Good news!!! Sounds like you'll have it in a day or two.
What's the latest update on yours?

Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM
grampscamper
Elder User
What's the latest update on yours?
The last update was on Friday. Ford rep said it was in transit in Ohio. They no longer show an ETA. I'll wait a couple more days and check again. Hopefully it will show up at the dealership this week. It will definitely be a March delivery now. Maybe better incentives in March?
Wish me luck. Approaching 4 months now.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:39 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Originally Posted by bronc71
This is just me and just my opinion you can take it or leave it. I would never trade in a 16yr old truck all the dealer is looking at is a liability it's to old to be at a dealer it will go on the "back lot" they will probably give you a deeper discount on the sale price of the new truck without the trade.
A truck like you are describing sound like a labour of love and probably has more sentimental value then it's worth I would look at selling it privately to another truck lover that can appreciate the work and maintenance time you have put in to it you will probably get double what the dealer is willing to give you
I do agree with everything you say 100%. I guess I may just go for the convenience of trading it. In years past I have sold outright and even made a few bucks. Maybe old age and other commitments make a trade easy.
Between my personal vehicles and the vehicles in the company I own, I have 22. 13 are fords (where my user name comes from).

Old 02-27-2017, 12:40 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Oh, and looks like my trucks eta is now pushed back to the 20th

Old 02-27-2017, 12:46 PM
grampscamper
Elder User
Originally Posted by lotsofords
Oh, and looks like my trucks eta is now pushed back to the 20th
That sucks!