New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello From NC

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Dlynnjr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello From NC

Hey I figured after awhile of lurking I'd finally just join up. My name is David and I live in NC. I'm 34 and an auto tech by trade. I used to own a 97 7.3 f250 and a 99 7.3 f250 yearsss ago and in process of moving ended up having to let them go. I recently grabbed a camper on a screaming deal and not wanting to have to borrow someone's truck everytime I wanted to use it. I snagged another pickup. I was hoping for another 92-97 f250 7.3 but it seems prices have skyrocketed on those and I ran across another great deal on this!

Its a 1990 F250 XLT Lariat, Extended Cab and Extended Bed 2wd w/5.8 5 Speed

It was a bit rusty outside when I got it, but only surface rust on the body panels. No cancer anywhere else except a little under the rear window which I'm in the process of addressing. It needed a rear tank fuel pump, and actually left me stranded when the front one went too on the first out of town voyage to the mountains. But I got both changed and a new rear fuel tank. Got rid of the rust (actually just primer on there now but it matches nice), got some replica wheel covers from hubcapmike, put a Gibson supertruck side swept catback on and gutted the cat. Another thing I'm looking at is the headman headers and a Y-Pipe. I swapped all four shocks out with the Rough Country's for now. I am planning to go billstein but I am not sure if I'll lift it or level it so I didn't want to break the bank twice and it rode terrible on the blown oem ones under it. I added some Carr Hoop 2 steps, a black truck box, few other random things. Oh and about a month after driving it, actually right after that front fuel pump went out. The clutch slave went out, which was also fun. I got that thrown in after work one day. I do still need to put one balljoint in up front so I got a set of DLZ serviceable's last week and I'm gonna throw them in as soon as the snow melts here this week. I am probably going to try and find some adjustable camber bushings if I can get them in quick enough so I can have it aligned. I might have to wait on that as I need the joints replaced asap and I don't wanna drive my normal 40 miles each way trek to work and back without the alignment. Only other thing I can think of that I've done to the truck is a turn signal switch which has left me with no front turn signals but I'm still trying to figure that one out! If anyone has any ideas I'd be very appreciative! Anyways I know its kind of a long winded introduction but here's a few pics to liven it up..some before and after's. Thanks for having me!

Oh and I forgot some new tires LT235/85/16 BFG All Terrain T/A Baja Champs, made a huge difference in the snow!