6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone seen this Stealth Module?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone seen this Stealth Module?

https://www.stealthmodules.com/produ...nt=25625801801

This looks like the Dura Mileage box, I assume it operates on the same principle increasing fueling. I have been poking around the net trying to find as mush as I can on it. They claim it leaves no digital finger print since the factory tuning is not being changed. They also state that unlike the Dura Mileage the factory max psi at the rail is never exceeded.

I personally don't know anyone running this, I have some friends that are tuned and deleted but I just don't wanna go that route. I like my warranty and when or if I go to sell I don't want to have an issue because its been tuned and deleted. Going to keep researching it but thought I would throw it out here on this board, could not find anything on it except one mention in a Dura Mileage thread.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:45 AM
747Driver
Mountain Pass
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Sure looks and sounds a lot like the Duramileage module. Didn't see how this one installs, but bet that it installs at the same point as the Duramileage does as well.

I'll admit, I tried the Duramileage module on my truck. Didn't really notice any of the improvements that it was supposed to give. Mileage seemed to improve with it initially, but it also caused the Regen's to happen more frequently due to the way that fueling is remapped. So, ultimately, the initial mileage improvement was negated by more frequent Regens. They had a 3 month trial on theirs as well which I used for just about the max, but they also take over 30 days to refund your money after it's returned!

I can buy a lot of fuel for what these things cost and promise to give back is my ultimate take of these things.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Amelio
Senior User
Originally Posted by 747Driver
Sure looks and sounds a lot like the Duramileage module. Didn't see how this one installs, but bet that it installs at the same point as the Duramileage does as well.

I'll admit, I tried the Duramileage module on my truck. Didn't really notice any of the improvements that it was supposed to give. Mileage seemed to improve with it initially, but it also caused the Regen's to happen more frequently due to the way that fueling is remapped. So, ultimately, the initial mileage improvement was negated by more frequent Regens. They had a 3 month trial on theirs as well which I used for just about the max, but they also take over 30 days to refund your money after it's returned!

I can buy a lot of fuel for what these things cost and promise to give back is my ultimate take of these things.

It plugs in at the fuel sensor same point the duramiliage does. It does seem like the exact same thing. I was curious because in looking into it they claim the Stealth is better because it does not increase the fuel pressure past the max psi of the factory settings. This was my concern on the Dura unit. How much extra stress is the pump and system seeing with the increased pressure????

I am always cautious of these things so I try to search as much as possible before even thinking of buying one. So far it seems like the only way to increase mpg is to tune and delete, I just dont want to do that. Fortunately I am more than happy with the power so its no biggie.

Thanks for your reply!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
They put one on one of the work trucks down at my Nephews place ( Diesel Brothers) and they have been running it for about 2 months. I asked Diesel Dave about it and said he really didn't know if it saved any fuel, but it hadn't caused any problems on their truck.

The way those boys drive trucks, I don't know how you could ever come up with a valid comparison of savings. I know myself, I rarely ever run two tanks of fuel the same way. One week, I'm towing every day and getting 11 mpg, Next week is all empty highway miles and getting 18 mpg. Short of making a trip one direction with it installed and removing it and making the return home trip, How would I know if I saw an improvement.

I'd like to hope that it works and would love for somebody to be the trail and let us know.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Amelio
Senior User
I have been asking all my buddies that have diesel trucks to see if they know someone running it. You can find what your looking for on the web, if you want to find good comments you can if your looking to prove it doesn't work you can find that too. I always find it best to deal with someone on a somewhat personal level to see if something is really worth it. Testimonials on their page doesn't tell me anything.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:07 AM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Subscribing I could use this on my work truck as it is a CC and de tuned and not going to be deleted and getting 10 MPG. And, wait! Painted horse, your related to the Diesel bros?