2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

High end truck now without cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:08 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
That was me, anyhow I took the truck in, aparantly the sensor need to be replaced alrdy, and I have to wait for the part, of course I'm hearing this from a third-party desk girl and not the tec so who knows why it's alrdy failing

Old 11-11-2016, 10:40 AM
WolfFox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssoundwave
That was me, anyhow I took the truck in, aparantly the sensor need to be replaced alrdy, and I have to wait for the part, of course I'm hearing this from a third-party desk girl and not the tec so who knows why it's alrdy failing
Ask them to order two, so you will have a spare

Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Originally Posted by WolfFox
Ask them to order two, so you will have a spare
It's on warranty so I would have to pay for the 2nd lol, I'm going to try and ask for the old one, assuming it's going to be something simple like a lose wire lol but I doubt they will give it to me

Old 11-20-2016, 07:15 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Still waiting for the part, it sux having to go this long without all of this, anyways I was bored at work and thought I would take a look myself, took off the cover and removed the censor, there was some water in the plug so I took a air chuck and blew it dry, then I examed the radar censor its self, it looks mostly sealed except there were a few imperfections in the liquid seal, i'm assuming this is where the problem is, water must have damaged it, there was no damage to the plug even tho it was wet, and still not working after reassembling it, so unless it has its own fuse or the dealer needs to reset it, then all that's left it the censor, after they replace it I think I'm going to make sure this one is 100% sealed

Old 11-23-2016, 09:14 AM
ssoundwave
Senior User
They finally got the part in last night, I'm taking it in at 11, I'll let you know how it went

Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Just got the truck back, it's fixed, turns out it was the radar sensor in the front bumper, all ready fried after only a month, they replaced it, reprogrammed and cleared codes, so very happy to have my cruse back here is a photo of there printout

Old 11-23-2016, 09:53 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm loving the adaptive cruise and trying to learn its limits. Just tonight I was in heavy traffic and minimum distance and let the truck manage the speed. It really does a great job and actually responds way better than I thought it capable of. The radar is so sensitive it can tell changes in speed in the vehicle in front before I do. It's still hard to fully trust though. I haven't gotten there yet.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trans line leaks ,cruise control failures...'18 Superduty is looking better all the time.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:32 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250
Trans line leaks ,cruise control failures...'18 Superduty is looking better all the time.
after making so manny changes in just one year I'm surprised how few flaws there is, I still love the truck

Old 11-24-2016, 12:28 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
I'm loving the adaptive cruise and trying to learn its limits. Just tonight I was in heavy traffic and minimum distance and let the truck manage the speed. It really does a great job and actually responds way better than I thought it capable of. The radar is so sensitive it can tell changes in speed in the vehicle in front before I do. It's still hard to fully trust though. I haven't gotten there yet.
The one thing I noticed between Our Fusion AC and the trucks, is the 2015 Fusion's seems to be centered better, I dont have the issue of having the beam miss the vehicle in front of me if its on the right side of the lane as I have noticed in the truck. The Fusions also seems to be more sensitive, it will start slowing down sooner, I thought the newer vehicle would be better. You also have to watch the motorcycles, the AC may not "see" them.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:08 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by wb6anp
The one thing I noticed between Our Fusion AC and the trucks, is the 2015 Fusion's seems to be centered better, I dont have the issue of having the beam miss the vehicle in front of me if its on the right side of the lane as I have noticed in the truck. The Fusions also seems to be more sensitive, it will start slowing down sooner, I thought the newer vehicle would be better. You also have to watch the motorcycles, the AC may not "see" them.
Good point about the motorcycles. This is my first vehicle with the feature so I'm a total newbie. Today we traveled fully through the Salt Lake valley on I-15 in pretty heavy traffic (from Salt Lake City standards). Freeway speeds (70 mph-ish but lots of cars). I got on the freeway and engaged the cruise and just let the truck do its thing. Never touched the brake or accelerator for 40 miles. I can see the scenarios that the engineers considered when they implemented adaptive cruise. If a car changes into my lane inside of the range that is set, the truck knows if the car is accelerating does nothing while it continues to accelerate away. If the car is speed matching, the truck will gradually let the distance increase but if the car is slowing at all the truck will brake appropriately. Sometimes harder than others but about the same as I would do naturally. It handles curves and even off ramps really well. Coming home we traveled off the freeway and onto a highway and the truck manages the speed and distance even through stop lights as long as the speed doesn't drop below something like 10 mph. I find myself uncomfortable with the minimum distance setting as it just puts me too close to the car in front. Like you said, it can brake pretty hard if it has to.

I realize this is not new and lots of cars have this feature but from my experience it has been implemented very well.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:21 PM
ssoundwave
Senior User
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
you can trust it as long as you know what to look for!, if he swerves in and out of the lane or if theres a sharp corner, or if someone enters the lane, be ready to take over, if you understand how it works then you will know when to trust it and when to take over! it dosnt look into other lanes but your own!

Old 11-25-2016, 04:01 AM
nullop
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssoundwave
you can trust it as long as you know what to look for!, if he swerves in and out of the lane or if theres a sharp corner, or if someone enters the lane, be ready to take over, if you understand how it works then you will know when to trust it and when to take over! it dosnt look into other lanes but your own!
trust it like this guy trusts his Tesla ? Zzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-19-2020, 11:22 AM
Fortworthian
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any more issues like the above? I put a ranch hand winch bumper on a couple years ago, and as of the most recent 6 or 8 months cruise works intermittently. Ie, I turned off adaptive and gave up trying to use it as I am satisfied with normal cruise but now the following message flashes and beeps constantly after about a half hour with cruise on "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available, Sensor Blocked" I turned up the tunes for an hour hoping it would go away, it wont. Dropped it at the dealer today and they are going to re-calibrate it, but since it's an aftermarket bumper who knows..... Thoughts experiences?

Old 02-19-2020, 11:31 AM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 767 Likes on 404 Posts
I ordered without adaptive cruise. I plan to drive my truck and if I'm in traffic I don't use cruise anyway.

Quick Reply: High end truck now without cruise