1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Axracer

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 06:07 PM
hulleywoodworking
Tuned
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford
What most of you new comers and even some who have been here for quite some time is that the information although good was copied from such things as the instruction manual he got with his welder, research any of you could have gotten from the internet ,called it his own. He's by a video, watch it , then tell everyone how it's done without ever doing it himself. He would quickly tell every newcomer that bumps elbows with him that he has been building hot rods for 50 years and when I had asked if he had any pictures to show his work this is what he replied in that post, read for yourselves...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...astern-nc.html
And there it is. For some reason, this particular member has a &&&&on for Axracer. Don't know why. Don't care why. I do find it very disturbing. And annoying.

Just my $.02

And no, I have no connection to Axracer other than this forum. I strongly believe that personal attacks have no place in any forum, against any member, by any member. Period.

Now I'm up to $.03

John

Old 10-31-2016, 06:13 PM
rdemilt
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by truckeemtnfords
Rdrmilt, did you read the last post before you posted? Schuyler said he is active on facebook so he can't be that bad.
Matter of fact I didn't, There was nothing from schuyles when I posted my reply. After I submitted my response, schuyles post updated too. Sorry about the delay and what ever caused the mixup, but it doesn't change my hopes that he's ok.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:14 PM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rdemilt
Matter of fact I didn't, There was nothing from schuyles when I posted my reply. After I submitted my response, schuyles post updated too. Sorry about the delay and what ever caused the mixup, but it doesn't change my hopes that he's ok.
All good brother! It does hit home when anything happens to a fellow FTE'er, but it's good to know he seems to be doing well, just not on here.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:27 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
PEACE & LOVE

Old 11-01-2016, 01:42 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's a lot of little smiles, ...and same back at you Jimmy.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:56 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Originally Posted by Mervy49
That's a lot of little smiles, ...and same back at you Jimmy.

Yes it is Mervy. FTE is a happy place, so I think we should all smile.
Smiles are free and make other people happy, They Rock!

Old 11-01-2016, 02:04 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
Yes it is Mervy. FTE is a happy place, so I think we should all smile.
Smiles are free and make other people happy, They Rock!
Hi Jimmy, you can call me Earl. I got the mervy name for my truck. And, yes, I appreciated Ax's commentaries no matter how he came up with them. I know I learned a lot. This is my happy place...lol. Have a great morning.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:23 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Originally Posted by Mervy49
Hi Jimmy, you can call me Earl. I got the mervy name for my truck. And, yes, I appreciated Ax's commentaries no matter how he came up with them. I know I learned a lot. This is my happy place...lol. Have a great morning.

Sorry about that Earl, I was in the advanced section where I could not see the post with your name on it. I have learned something from just about every body on this site, and consider each and every member, family, and care very much about each of them.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:38 AM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Jim,
I like the Smiley guys... this is a nice place to get together & share our thoughts about the
old trucks we love. I talked to Ax a few months back after I noticed he had been absent for a bit.
His response supports what's been said here:

"Ben, I'm OK, I just got tired of the trolls on FTE lately. I try to post informative posts and useful
answers but a couple people seem to have declared themselves in charge of making personal attacks
rather than adding something to the forum. I have better things to do than wasting my time and forum
space defending myself, because you can't win."

I hope he comes back & can enjoy our stellar company once more.
Don't taze me bro.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 11-01-2016, 07:57 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,641 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Originally Posted by ben73058
Hey Jim,
I like the Smiley guys... this is a nice place to get together & share our thoughts about the
old trucks we love. I talked to Ax a few months back after I noticed he had been absent for a bit.
His response supports what's been said here:

"Ben, I'm OK, I just got tired of the trolls on FTE lately. I try to post informative posts and useful
answers but a couple people seem to have declared themselves in charge of making personal attacks
rather than adding something to the forum. I have better things to do than wasting my time and forum
space defending myself, because you can't win."

I hope he comes back & can enjoy our stellar company once more.
Don't taze me bro.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
What a shame! I hope he comes back. Could you reach out to him and tell him how we feel? Perhaps he is watching and reading and just not posting.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:14 AM
drptop70ss
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Big fish in small pond syndrome, and with the internet it is easy for some to turn into braggarts. Nothing wrong with knowing a lot but a little humility goes a long way. Not saying he doesn't know what he knows, but clearly he made himself out to be much more experienced than he really is. There are guys here who could run circles around his work, you just don't see them beating their chest every other post.
Sorry but building one car (if it is even finished) does not make you an expert in all fields. I remember one post where he was called out to go autocrossing against someone (another of his expert fields) and he backed out saying he couldn't afford tires. Typical braggart mentality, big words until called out to back them up. I figured he would bail as soon as he started getting called out. Plenty other good people here with all his knowledge and more.
I am sure Ax and I would get along great in person, but I would tell him to tone down the chest thumping and act like you would in real life.
Feel free to bash me, its all good I am not taking my ball and going home until my trucks are finished LOL.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 469 Likes on 305 Posts
There is another F100 site that was created a couple of years ago as an alternative to FTE. I have been there a couple of times and found that some long time FTErs seem to have called it home, I believe that AXracer is spending his time over there.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Justboy
More Turbo
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by hulleywoodworking
And there it is. For some reason, this particular member has a &&&&on for Axracer. Don't know why. Don't care why. I do find it very disturbing. And annoying.

Just my $.02

And no, I have no connection to Axracer other than this forum. I strongly believe that personal attacks have no place in any forum, against any member, by any member. Period.

Now I'm up to $.03

John
If you think that was a personal attack you've lived a very sheltered life on the old internet!

Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Last chance 53
Tuned
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts
Let me start by saying I hope all is well with Axracer , My experience with him was not good. I tried to comment on a post about suspensions, He sent me a pm saying how he was a suspension expert because He had studied many books, and then the 50 year building car line. So I could not possibly know what I was talking about. When I wrote back my story I never heard anything back. He was fine until you disagree with him. He liked to tell other people they where doing it wrong, but had never done it himself. In my opinion the forum works best when all people get to share, not just one "expert" telling the rest what to do.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 AM
hulleywoodworking
Tuned
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Justboy
If you think that was a personal attack you've lived a very sheltered life on the old internet!
That is my point. This is no place for personal attacks. It doesn't matter to me that trolling may be acceptable on many forums; that doesn't make it right.

And I have led a sheltered life, in that I either don't join or I leave forums where personal attacks are an accepted way of life. I just don't have the time nor the energy for it. I guess that I have been spoiled by the Moderators over at OWWM.org (Old Woodworking Machines). They tolerate nothing. The attacks that I have seen here would have resulted in permanent banishment over there.

Different forums, different rules. I understand that. However, the anonymity of the web tends to bring out the worst in some folks. To me, this type of behavior should be called out by the other members if the Moderators let it go.

I'm here to learn and share my experiences, not witness pissing matches.

We should all be adult enough to know how to disagree without resorting to schoolyard name-calling. I can disagree with you and still accept the fact that you may insist that you are right. I can present evidence proving you wrong and still accept that you think that you are right. At some point, I will come to the understanding that your mind is made up, and there is no changing it. So I can either start attacking you personally or I can agree to disagree. Although it may be less entertaining to some readers, I would agree to disagree and let it go.

I'm up to $.05.

John

Quick Reply: Axracer