2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Problems with my 2017 F250

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:47 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 535 Likes on 259 Posts
Manufacturers sometimes hire employees to publish negative remarks in these popular forums. Some people are actually swayed to purchase or not purchase based upon remarks made here...so it could be worth it.

Alternately, the problems could have been real and either have been resolved or possible buy-back and switch brands.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Strokin-A-2010
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Forums are where people post their problems. But I know for every one person complaining there are thousands that love their truck. So I take "problems with my truck" threads with a grain of salt.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
JOHNNY THOMPSON
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I did a quick google search of his name. Looks like he's complained about his dodge being taken back to the dealer 5 times over some issues as well. There is a few more posts on other sites too. I think OP is up to something fishy.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Melansk
Junior User
I absolutely love my truck. I think Ford did a great job on this rig. That said, my list of problems keeps growing. The dealer finally took the truck from me because of the latest problem and put me in a rental until they can figure it out. List of my problems from day 1 are:

- Rail dust in the paint - repaired
- Leaking water through the roof - repaired satellite antenna was the culprit
- Both rear door locks will not function with fob or manual - still ongoing after first attempt at repair
- Drivers door would not latch and wouldn't stay closed - advisor stuck her finger in the latch and it closed
- Infotainment system no audio, will not update - currently waiting on new unit to the tune of $4500. This after they replaced 2 modules.
- Rear end makes a loud bang when driving after sitting for a long period of time. Sounds like a mudflap caught in a tire then a bang so loud that it shakes the truck
- Replaced headlight assemblies - moisture in housings so bad it was displacing the headlight beams
- Horn sounds muffled - being replaced
- Drivers seat bottom cushion loose - they cannot replicate problem so I will tighten it myself
- Headliner rattle - I will live with it.

I am sure once I get it back out of the shop this will continue. Like I said I would recommend this truck it just so happens I have problems with this unit. Too bad really.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:39 PM
JOHNNY THOMPSON
New User
Or he is just really really really unlucky.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:41 PM
JOHNNY THOMPSON
New User
Originally Posted by Melansk
I absolutely love my truck. I think Ford did a great job on this rig. That said, my list of problems keeps growing. The dealer finally took the truck from me because of the latest problem and put me in a rental until they can figure it out. List of my problems from day 1 are:

- Both rear door locks will not function with fob or manual - still ongoing after first attempt at repair
- Drivers door would not latch and wouldn't stay closed - advisor stuck her finger in the latch and it closed
- Infotainment system no audio, will not update - currently waiting on new unit to the tune of $4500. This after they replaced 2 modules.
- Rear end makes a loud bang when driving after sitting for a long period of time. Sounds like a mudflap caught in a tire then a bang so loud that it shakes the truck
- Replaced headlight assemblies - moisture in housings so bad it was displacing the headlight beams
- Drivers seat bottom cushion loose - they cannot replicate problem so I will tighten it myself

I am sure once I get it back out of the shop this will continue. Like I said I would recommend this truck it just so happens I have problems with this unit. Too bad really.
Wow. Sorry brother. Hopefully it all gets fixed.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Melansk
Junior User
Originally Posted by JOHNNY THOMPSON
Wow. Sorry brother. Hopefully it all gets fixed.
Thanks, it puts a little damper on the new ownership but I am sure they will figure it out.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Mining Guy
Senior User
Troll Found

TOCO1000

There are others....

Good work Johnny T....

Last edited by Mining Guy; 02-10-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 02-10-2017, 03:24 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TOCO could be one of those people that is just never happy with anything. I've got friends I can't eat at a restaurant with anymore because they always complain about the food or service and usually end up with a free meal. We all know people like this.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:31 PM
JOHNNY THOMPSON
New User
Originally Posted by oklarado
TOCO could be one of those people that is just never happy with anything. I've got friends I can't eat at a restaurant with anymore because they always complain about the food or service and usually end up with a free meal. We all know people like this.
Yeah, this could be the case. I prefer to stay as far away from negative people as possible. But in TOCOS case, I think he is probably a person hired by, or working for another auto manufacturer. He's complained on 3-4 different forums, all saying he's had to bring engineers into the mix becuase his problems can't be resolved. Another red flag is, he hasn't made any other posts. He makes a long negative post, then disappears. This is all speculation at this point, however.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had to fight really hard to get a resolution in Canada. My old truck I dubbed SuperLemon remains unfixed. It had a number of major issues and they still can not resolve the eletrical.

Eventually they agreed to trade the truck back and give me a most sum to help with cost difference. I LOST $7000 as a result but I am getting a new truck at least.

I made a thread for my issues. There is SuperLemons out there I am sure. Canada without Lemon laws puts us at a disadvantage.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Melansk
Junior User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
I had to fight really hard to get a resolution in Canada. My old truck I dubbed SuperLemon remains unfixed. It had a number of major issues and they still can not resolve the eletrical.

Eventually they agreed to trade the truck back and give me a most sum to help with cost difference. I LOST $7000 as a result but I am getting a new truck at least.

I made a thread for my issues. There is SuperLemons out there I am sure. Canada without Lemon laws puts us at a disadvantage.
I am in Fort Mac, I wonder if our shipment was the same lot????

Old 02-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Built 09/16 on the sticker.

Old 02-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Melansk
Junior User
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
Built 09/16 on the sticker.
I took delivery 09/23 so mine would have been built earlier for sure.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 AM
1NiceHarley
Senior User
Originally Posted by Melansk

My 2015 had a rattle I thought was in the headliner also, turned out to be the rear view mirror. I could replicate my rattle by flipping up the drivers side visor.

Quick Reply: Problems with my 2017 F250