2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Show some FUN pics of your 2017.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bronc71

not sure it call this fun but just got it nice and clean yesterday and now we are in for a major snow storm

Can't wait for spring!!!

Looks cool in the snow!!! How much is on the ground already??

Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 AM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenv
Thanks!
It snowed maybe 3" last night i plowed at 8:30 and that picture was around 9:00 we are supposed to be getting around 12"to15" it's also blowing hard 50KPH right now
And yesterday we got 10mm of rain with +3C outside going down to -20C tonight

Old 03-01-2017, 10:34 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
These trucks look best in angry weather. Who wants to see a navy seal at the mall on a sunny day? Such capability needs to be covered in cammo and mud!

Old 03-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Nimrod
Senior User
Old 03-01-2017, 10:47 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 537 Likes on 261 Posts
Thanks....but my truck is Silver. Sun was lighting it up and gave it the
"White Gold Glow"....LOL
Wow - I could have sworn that was White Gold! It's OK - I like the Silver too!!

Old 03-01-2017, 03:36 PM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ruphianh
Is this Black Rock, NZ??!! Wonderful place if it is.
Apologies for taking so long to see this post, not sure how I missed it.

Yes, that is the Black Rock Playa in Northern Nevada. I have been riding there for about 25 yrs now and have covered thousands and thousands of acres on my bike, yet there is so much I have not seen. It is simply a magical place to be. I could fill page after page with stories of the things we have seen and experienced there.

I always ride early or late in the year and seldom see another person. Summers however the playa is full of human activity (we mostly avoid those months). We do a family trip every year to the playa with my 2 sons, wives, 4 grand kids, and often 2 or 3 other families.

The high desert is an amazing place...

Old 03-02-2017, 08:17 PM
tyrusasmith
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checking Crawfish traps when...

I was going too slow and buried the front down to the axle. I dropped the tires down to 20 PSI to try to dig out, but the factory A/T tires don't like this sticky mud.

I got my brother-in-law to pull the rear sideways while my rear tires climbed out the rut. I now know the limit of this truck with factory tires. 37" General Grabber AT3 are in my future.

Had to pass through the mud to get to these fellas in that one lonely trap at the end of the pasture.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:47 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice. It would have been cool to see the tires deflated to about 18 psi and have it walk right out of that mess but I still wonder. That's deep and gooey stuff.

But the mud puppies were worth it!

Old 03-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Airstream.csh
Junior User
Originally Posted by E40
First tow! Not much of a struggle. Great weather for February makes an excuse to check out things on the farm.
Love the color. Is that OXFORD or Platinum white?

Old 03-02-2017, 10:01 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tyrusasmith
I was going too slow and buried the front down to the axle. I dropped the tires down to 20 PSI to try to dig out, but the factory A/T tires don't like this sticky mud.

I got my brother-in-law to pull the rear sideways while my rear tires climbed out the rut. I now know the limit of this truck with factory tires. 37" General Grabber AT3 are in my future.

Had to pass through the mud to get to these fellas in that one lonely trap at the end of the pasture.

The little woman has that "I ain't cleaning this $h1t up" look on her face.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:30 AM
tyrusasmith
New User
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Nice. It would have been cool to see the tires deflated to about 18 psi and have it walk right out of that mess but I still wonder. That's deep and gooey stuff.

But the mud puppies were worth it!
I tested the truck last time it rained to see what factory tires could do at 20 PSI. Basically it won't get stuck as long as the actual axle shaft housings aren't touching the mud. The diff and shock mounts can be plowing in the mud, but once the axle hits it is over.
If there isn't any water on the sticky mud, the truck is too heavy and it will sink every time unless you have some speed ( risk damaging parts of you hit a buried fence post or cow femur, etc.) .
I've passed through an area where the cows churn up the mud, it was about 8 inches of water with about 1 foot of slushy mud underneath, and the truck plowed through, but the mud was very loose and the tires were able to find hard bottom.

The 3 things I need are width, ground clearance, and the ability to clean out the treads. The tires on there now are lacking in all those areas.
​​​

Old 03-03-2017, 06:32 AM
bronc71
Posting Guru
All i did yesterday was plow we got 15" one of the craziest storms I've ever seen 50KPH winds and lots of drifting

Pictures don't do it justice there was a pile of snow!!!

Old 03-03-2017, 06:52 AM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by bronc71
All i did yesterday was plow we got 15" one of the craziest storms I've ever seen 50KPH winds and lots of drifting

Pictures don't do it justice there was a pile of snow!!!

What brand plow is that Mike? I can't quite make out the name on the lift arm.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 537 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrusasmith

So you got pulled out by a Chevy, eh?

Haha, it's all good. The factory A/T offerings are almost always not good. I have the Michelin LTX AT2, not sure what came on yours.
I've had good luck with the Grabber AT2; not a dedicated mud tire by any means but infinitely better than the LTX AT2. My preference for mud like that is the BFG Mud Terrain KM2, but those tires have poor performance on rainy highways and are terrible in slippery conditions (although good in deep snow).

Old 03-03-2017, 08:35 AM
bronc71
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RJC2
What brand plow is that Mike? I can't quite make out the name on the lift arm.
It's a snow way 29r 8'10" with hydraulic wings great plow very light but well engineered it's tough as nails. The 1st snow way i bought was a 26r for my 2012 f-150 HD and thought it was such a good plow i got another for this truck
Marc

Quick Reply: Show some FUN pics of your 2017.