1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Help finding original carburetor and oil bath parts 55 C600 COE Y block

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 11:38 AM
mytoolman
Laughing Gas
Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Reply to your very nice information

Originally Posted by Mixer man
A word of caution on the air cleaner. While they all will fit the firewall mounting bracket with the V-clamp, make sure the inner opening of the air cleaner is over 2" (don't remember the exact dimension) because the six cylinder engines used a smaller opening. Same outside dimensions though. I was able to source some 2-5/8" hose for connectors and used 2-1/2" exhaust pipe sections. It was next to impossible finding the OEM flex hose in the correct size, which is similar to defroster vent hose. If you have the parts book that would be a great help in finding the correct air cleaner.
Thank you for the very nice information...I usually thank folks right away and do not see where I did this for you some months ago when you took the time to respond. I JUST YESTERDAY Received what might be what will work. I was lucky and responded to a You Tube posting of a person from Magnolia TX who had posted his truck on a video. I was seeking a picture of what he had under the hood for his air filter. He informed me that he had changed his manifold, carburetor and air cleaner to more modern stuff. He still had the original stuff. On top of that he had recently sold his truck and that original stuff was not wanted by the new owner. He sent me the Holley Teapot 2 barrel carburetor(looks clean no rust etc but the Throttle shaft wont move at all...), the 9520 cover that is so hard to find for that Oil Bath, the flex/accordion hose that was used (its torn in the middle) and the Oil Bath itself. Today I will go to the truck to see what I can see. I of course will compare the oil bath unit he sent with the one that has already been mounted all of this time. I know my present carburetor that works very well is not something that will work with this Oil bath stuff...so that's too bad because like I said the carburetor I just got from Mr Magnolia Tx although not showing any rust or other corrosian is seized up(bad gas glued everything??). Is there anyway you could email me pictures of what you have done with your oil bath set up?---I would be interested in seeing how you fashioned the 2 1/2" exhaust pieces and the V clamp etc...Like I said the flex hose is torn and generally frail so I probably need to do something like what you have already accomplished. my email is garyzuckerman@gmail.com I also would enjoy a conversation with you if you would phone me that would be excellent 858-829-9912 thank you again. It was very nice that you took the time to respond...I am sorry it took me so long to thank you.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm terribly sorry, but 99% of my post refers to my six cylinder engine installation. Glad you were able to get the necessary parts.