Mileage: 11600
Color: Orange!!!
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Orange
Engine: 460

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm having to sell my project truck, lovingly referred to as "Punkin." I purchased her in December of 2015 and was greeted with a bunch of challenges. If you've ever read the children's book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin," you'll understand. A trip for new exhaust revealed a fuel tank leak, which resulted in new fuel lines, which necessitated a new fuel pump, which turned into a new wiring harness, which, well, you get the idea.

Punkin is a 1979 Ford F-150 Custom 4x4 with a (I'm guessing) 6'" lift and an '80's era Flareside bed. She is orange. And I mean orange. Whomever painted her had a Dukes of Hazzard fetish or something. The odd thing is that the paint matches inside and out. There is very little rust other than natural patina of a 37-year-old truck. The floor pans have been replaced at some point, leaving some rough spots around the underside of the truck but inside has had a roll in bed liner installed.

I have receipts for all parts I have purchased and installed or have on hand. Odometer shows 11,600. I doubt this is correct...

The good:
*Ford 460 out of a mid-80's RV (so I was told) with HEI ignition, Weiand high rise intake, Edlebrock 750 carb, Headman Hedders (outside the frame) with all new gaskets, plugs, wires, oil, hoses, and coolant.
*35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's are damn near brand new
*Steps and grab handles for the wife/girlfriend/kids to get in without complaint
*Did I mention no real rust to speak of? Couple bubbles, but no holes.
*New Champion 3 core aluminum radiator with twin electric fans hooked to the thermostat and a cut-on switch.
*New EZ-Wiring harness. 90% of all connections were soldered, heat-shrinked, and loomed.
*New Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth capabilities and mic for hands free calls. Pioneer door speakers and a brand new three-way dash speaker.
*New door seals, dew wipes, and door insulation.
*New-ish seatbelts including the center lap belt.
*Cut off switch for the fuel pump (just in case. . .)

The bad:
*The C6 trans has all new fluid (including the torque converter). It will not shift into 3rd. It may be as easy as a vacuum line to fix. It is drivable, but only on surface streets.
*I have fueled to full her twice since I owned it. Both times have resulted in a leak at the tank. I have narrowed it down to the seal around where the in-tank fuel pump goes.
*The wooden bed is starting to have some issues around the edges. It has a heavy rubber mat covering it, but I don't think hauling anything with much weight to it would be wise.
*The driver's door needs a little alignment to close all the way. It's secure, but requires a pretty hard slam.
*The reverse lights were overlooked when I installed the wiring. These just need to be hooked up.
*The heater is non-operational. It may be a wiring issue or need a new blower.

The odd:
*The distributor and cam have reverse cut gears. When I installed the new plugs, I went off the book firing order and got nothing. I researched my old pictures and the order was way off. I plugged them in the way they had been and she fired right off. My understanding is that this was done in some RV applications as well as marine usage. Lots of low end torque. . .
*The headers stop just under the front to the cab and have FlowMaster Super-10 mufflers attached. That's the extent of the exhaust. It's loud. Wake the neighbors loud. I was quoted right at $600 by Iowa Muffler to put some quieter mufflers and turnouts in front of the rear wheels.

There is way more good than bad. I have pictures (before, during, and after) that I will burn to a CD, receipts, manuals, wiring schematics (and circuit bible), and list of all work done by me.

This would make a great woods/hunting/mud truck for the new owner.

I'm asking $7000 or best offer.

Cash in hand takes her. No checks. No IOU's. I have a clear Iowa title in hand.

Please text Chris at 402-218-9797 Truck is in Johnston, Iowa.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Murphy's Law F-150
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm headed in for knee surgery August 3rd. I've dropped the asking price to $7000 obo to try and find Punkin a new home. Make me a reasonable offer.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:57 AM
Murphy's Law F-150
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to do this, but down to $6500. Really need to get this gone. Will consider "bang-sticks" for partial payment.