VT Chapter Ldr

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
Good morning and have a trouble free day Maine

Old 08-29-2016, 05:57 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
lets keep enjoying the deep Maine woods.

this overlook is called the gardner rockslide.i'll zoom in and snap a pic for ya.

here we are at the tower.

hang on.i'll climb up this old gal and get us some nice shots..........

Thank you for sharing. Very pretty up there. I like the old fire towers. There is one about 4 miles from my house on Spruce mountain

Old 09-03-2016, 09:47 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
9-3-2016 Acadia National Park - Loop Road

Hey guys,hop on in.i'm taking ya over to Acadia National Park.i was going to hit up a trail but the place was so packed this long weekend that i decided against it.could hardly find any parking along the trailhead but that's ok.it's always a nice drive along the loop road and i had to get a new annual national park pass so it was still very cool.

so let's take a ride!

oh good thing the nice lady gave me a new map cus i seem to have misplaced mine.

where did i put that anyway?............oh yeah..........

let's keep driving the park loop guys.

holy smokes.there's a whole line of cars up the road and after this parking area.this means there's lot's of people up on the precipice trail today.

let's keep driving........................

Old 09-03-2016, 09:58 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
umm ok.nope,no parking around here.id have to go back to the visitor center and ride a shuttle if i wanted to go up the beehive today.i'll just come back a less busy weekend......a much less busier weekend lol.let the tourists enjoy.i can stop by here anytime i feel like taking the time so no need to add to the congestion.

let's continue with the drive in the park.

hey,we've hiked up that one guys.remember the bubbles? that was a cool little hike with awesome views.

we've hiked up here before too guys.let's cheat this time though hey?

Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
caddy mountain guys.

watch your step kids!

sure is a hot spot this weekend and rightfully so.it's super nice out.

too crowded for my comfort though,im outta here lol.let's hope these brakes hold up.hang on!!!!!!

alright a nice long drive through Acadia.just living it up,the way life should be.see ya next weekend guys!

-happy 100th birthday National Park Service!

Old 09-04-2016, 04:12 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
9-4-2016 Blue Hill Trail & Downtown

hey guys.i was just itching for a nice little hike to get my fix in.i know where we can go that wont be overly crowded this weekend.least not where we're going.so come on guys,lace up your hiking boots and grab your packs.let's take a ride down to blue hill and hike the mountain and cruise around downtown a little bit after.it's a great day for a hike and a cruise.come on!

alright guys.for some reason iv never been up here before.so lets fix that and take a hike up.

little workout ahead!

let's hang a left and do the loop clockwise.

hey,we're up to a nice little open spot here.

we ain't no sissies.let's go the steep way.let's hang a right.
note; there should be a sign here that states; scenic overlook.this way you would know to walk to the overlook and walk back here to take your family/kids down the easier way after if you wanted.too bad it's setup like this.makes ya wonder how many people miss out.

here we are guys.the summit and best scenic overlook on blue hill.

hey check out the fairgrounds.somethings happening in town.

let's head back down and take a ride over to see what's happening......

Old 09-04-2016, 04:49 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Downtown Blue Hill

they have all kinds of events over here at the blue hill fairgrounds.i once saw a really nice classic car show over here.so this weekend they're having a fair.

welcome to downtown Blue Hill Maine guys.

come on.i'll take ya over to the south side along the shore.
check this out.the couple who live here can cross the road and have their morning coffee sitting overlooking the water view,here in vacationland.

jump kid,jump! do you see him? take a closer look.he's up on top of the bridge about to dive in.

i'll hop out and snap ya a couple nice pics here before heading back home.

there we go guys.all setup to explore some national parks on a road trip this winter and got a couple nice cruises and a hike in.
see ya next weekend here in the pine tree state........there's just no knowing where the road will take us next.maybe it will be so far,you can't even get there from here! wherever it ends up being,it's sure to be wicked good.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:31 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

they have all kinds of events over here at the blue hill fairgrounds.i once saw a really nice classic car show over here.so this weekend they're having a fair.

welcome to downtown Blue Hill Maine guys.

come on.i'll take ya over to the south side along the shore.
check this out.the couple who live here can cross the road and have their morning coffee sitting overlooking the water view,here in vacationland.

jump kid,jump! do you see him? take a closer look.he's up on top of the bridge about to dive in.

i'll hop out and snap ya a couple nice pics here before heading back home.

there we go guys.all setup to explore some national parks on a road trip this winter and got a couple nice cruises and a hike in.
see ya next weekend here in the pine tree state........there's just no knowing where the road will take us next.maybe it will be so far,you can't even get there from here! wherever it ends up being,it's sure to be wicked good.
Real pretty place, thanks for sharing. We drove through Franconia In the NH white mountains Sunday. Must have been 300+ cars parked along the roads and medians for hiking. Was a gorgeous weekend for it though

Old 09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
oh nice.iv yet to go there.based on the pics, it's a silly mistake putting it off all these years.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:11 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

oh nice.iv yet to go there.based on the pics, it's a silly mistake putting it off all these years.
Looks like a lot of great hikes in the areas. Just you wouldn't have liked last weekend as it was packed there. Must have been 300-400 cars along the road sides and parked in the medians

Old 09-09-2016, 06:51 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah,nope.i wouldn't care for that at all.i see 20 cars parked in one spot and it's overcrowded for me lol.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

I hate having crowded hiking. Takes away from being in the outdoors

Old 09-09-2016, 06:57 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah.i don't know where im going this weekend yet (just got done for the day) but i can tell you it's not gunna be up in Greenville! lol.

10,000 people will make their way to the Moosehead Lake region this weekend.

Annual International Seaplane Fly-In Kicks Off

Annual International Seaplane Fly-In Kicks Off | WABI TV5

Old 09-09-2016, 08:33 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

That sounds neat. Not enough that I would want to go. LOL

Old 01-01-2017, 01:55 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Acadia National Park - Blackwoods Campground

hey guys,i couldn't think of a better way to close this years Maine adventure than with my first official winter camp out,over in Acadia National Parks open year round,campground.

so this campground is open through the winter,however the road isn't.so you need to walk in about a half mile.

setup and ready for the night!

time to try out my little alcohol burner......wow,slick! boiled up a couple cups in no time!

oh yeah! chow time! this stuff ain't bad! i wont be eating too many of these on my upcoming road trip vacation,as there are more affordable ways to eat but i did grab a variety bucket of these.

not only is there no snow over here but it rained all night! as you can see,there are not too many fools in here camping in the cold besides me lol.

there were actually a handful of tents back down towards the beginning of the large campground.i just walked up in and out of the way as i like seclusion.

so after raining all night,it's all overcast and not the best of days to take a scenic hike.so i instead i just enjoy the ride home..........

happy new year guys! i hope you enjoyed 2016 in vacation land!
i'll see ya the summer of 2017.........who knows where the road will take us here in Maine,next!

get out there and enjoy your home state.pitch a tent.discover a few hiking trails.there's nothing like true,rustic camping.

A man's heart away from nature becomes hard; lack of respect for growing, living things soon leads to a lack of respect for humans too.” - Standing Bear

this has been,life........the way it should be.

Quick Reply: Welcome To Maine.........The Way Life Should Be