Maine Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Welcome To Maine.........The Way Life Should Be

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that, great pictured and thanks for the story.
Thanks for reminding me about moxie falls, I have to try and get there this year.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Fort Williams Park,Cape Elizabeth

hey guys.this weekend I'm taking you for a ride down south along the coast,down around the Portland area in a little town called Cape Elizabeth at Fort Williams park.lets have a look around..........

nice little park to hang out at hey guys?

hey,i see a food stand.time for a lobster roll and a moxie!

ok so those of you who follow me on my adventures,you know somethings up.this is out of the ordinary two fold.i'm not only down around Maine's largest city (which as you know,i can't stand cities) but this isn't exactly a hike either.so what's going on here?..................................

Old 06-26-2016, 11:41 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Whitesnake - Maine State Pier - Portland

GET OUT YOUR EAR PLUGS!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S WHITESNAKE AT THE MAINE STATE PIER!!!!!!

the show was awesome! my ears are still ringing! what a great show! these guys still rock! another great day in the pine tree state.see you guys next weekend! you never know where the road will take us next!

Whitesnake..............the way music should be.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:47 AM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering what was up! Whitesnake brings back some memories.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:03 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
7-31-2016 - Angel Falls Hiking Trail - Rangeley

hey guys.so life has been happening with all work and no play.well lets get back on the road and take a drive over to Rangeley Maine and go check out angel falls.nice little hike in at just a mile round trip.not as impressive as Moxie falls and not as easy a walk in but never been here before.it is a must visit for any Mainer and anyone around the area.it's a bit tricky to find but we got here so lets go in and check out this other 90 footer.

nice little drive and hike for the weekend.hope you enjoyed.i'll try and get us a nice camp/hike trip in next weekend guys.maybe back over to Acadia since iv not yet been this year which is crazy since it'll be August already tomorrow! man,summers always fly and winters always crawl lol.see ya next weekend here in vacationland.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:21 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts
That looks like a nice spot

Old 08-07-2016, 12:48 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello to everyone in Maine..truly a beautiful place to be.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:49 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
8-6&7-2016 Old Canada Road Scenic Byway & Sally Mountain Trail - Jackman Maine

hey guys.so i thought about going over to Acadia this weekend but with work being hectic lately,i decided to leave the coast and get back in the woods away from it all for the weekend for some wind down time.not that there are not tourist all over Maine right now of course but much less up this way.
so hop in guys,we're heading north/west up to Jackman to pitch a tent and hit a nice vista trail.

here we go guys.buckle up.we'll head inland and then we'll enjoy old Canada road.

this is downtown Skowhegan.founded on February 5, 1823.
there's a fair of some sort going on and i see some food stands.let's grab a bite to eat.

lets pull in here to check out the scenic overlook.sorry but pics don't do this one justice.i have to work Saturdays (doing job quotes.lining up more work) so the sun was setting right over the area.it's much more impressive in person.still pretty cool though.

this is antlers inn,in Bingham.Bingham was established on February 6, 1812.let's keep on truckin' we've still got a ways to go before sunset.

oooo.i see an icecream stand.time for a Maine black bear ice cream!!!! oh yummy!!!
sorry guys,that i can't share taste over the net with ya.you'll just have to try it yourself when you come up for a vaca.

ok guys.enjoy old Canada road as we cruise on up north.

watch for moose! for those of you from away,it's especially dangerous to hit a moose because what happens is,your car clips their legs and their body comes in at you through the windshield and crushes you to death with their several hundred pound body! so always stay alert when driving in northern Maine.these moose crossing signs are no joke.

what a great drive.just what the dr. ordered.some nice r&r.

welcome to Jackman Maine guys.here is a scenic turnout just before you drive down into the village.

so i drive down into the village and pitch a tent at one of the campgrounds there.nice drive up hey guys? hope you enjoyed.
stay tuned as i share today's adventures next with a spectacular scenic trail.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:56 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
rise and shine sleepy heads! let's pack up and head on downtown to grab some breakfast and drinks for our packs before we hit the hiking trail.

don't blink or you'll miss it,this is Jackman.

oh yeah,let's go in here to mama bears for some home style cooking.ooooooo so good.thank you for the fill up mama.

alright lets drive over to the store and grab some drinks.......hang on whats this.a 1st gen camaro. oh yeah,so sexy! 396 SS.she's for sale for 23k and change.too rich for my blood but i sure would like to trade him even for this '98 honda civic.think he'll bite? lol.yeah i'll stop dreaming and just go gear up for the day.

ok here we are at the Sally mountain trail head (unmarked.you'll need to ask the locals how to get here and figure out how to cross the pond unless ya wanna swim) let's do this!

ahh there's our mountain,straight ahead.but getting there is no easy feat.

first we go over and walk across that rr bridge.

here we are.

now a couple miles down the tracks,just to get to the trail head! come on man.are you serious? iv never worked so hard just to get to a trail before.it sure better be worth it.
(spoiler alert; it is!!!!)

Old 08-07-2016, 10:02 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
ah i think we finally found it guys!

yeah this is it.oh yeah,looks nice.just an easy walk in the park.

uh oh.not so easy anymore guys.

uh oh.ok this feels like work now.

ok.i won't leave ya hanging much longer lol.i know what ya wanna see.after a long hike up,it's time to reap some rewards.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:16 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
for today's highlight,ladies and gentlemen i present you with the summit of Sally mountain here in Jackman Maine..........

i hope you guys enjoyed this weekends adventure.i will for sure make it over to Acadia again this year even if not next weekend.these trips sure are a good reminder that i can't let summer in Maine get away from me,so i'll keep a solid effort to enjoy the weekends busy or not because before ya know it,old man winter will be here.
so i'll see you guys next weekend,when we will continue enjoying life as it should be.

this trip is dedicated to my late grandfather.Jackman was his favorite place on earth.he would haul his 5th wheel up to go fishing every year.-i miss you gramps.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:34 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
for today's highlight,ladies and gentlemen i present you with the summit of Sally mountain here in Jackman Maine..........

i hope you guys enjoyed this weekends adventure.i will for sure make it over to Acadia again this year even if not next weekend.these trips sure are a good reminder that i can't let summer in Maine get away from me,so i'll keep a solid effort to enjoy the weekends busy or not because before ya know it,old man winter will be here.
so i'll see you guys next weekend,when we will continue enjoying life as it should be.

this trip is dedicated to my late grandfather.Jackman was his favorite place on earth.he would haul his 5th wheel up to go fishing every year.-i miss you gramps.
That is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and making me jealous

Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
haha.no need to be jealous,Jim.come on up and spend a week or weekend.your not far.grab a ME fishing license and bring your pole!

Jackman Maine Lodging & Accommodations. Sally Mountain Cabins

imagine spending a week in Jackman in peak fall foliage season this fall........just an idea.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:58 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

That would be nice. We have a camper so would probably find a campground. But time and money won't allow it. I'll have to visit through your posts. LOL

Old 08-10-2016, 04:58 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Good morning, stay cool and have a productive hump day Maine

Quick Reply: Welcome To Maine.........The Way Life Should Be