1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I do not like a with my 2016 Superduty

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Bugzilla46310
Laughing Gas
Received 282 Likes on 152 Posts
What I do not like a with my 2016 Superduty

1-my other Fords have the cap less gas tank. Love that and assumed Ford went across the board with that. They should have.
2-my other Fords had the feature where you tap the wiper control to get one cycle. Great for those days when it is misting. On the 2016 you need to turn the wipers on and turn them off to get the one cycle.
3-the auto head lights do not come on soon enough. It is too dark when they come on which makes the feature useless.
4-the hitch pin is directly above the safety chain holes which makes it a pain to attach the safety chains. Poor design.
5-there is no ridge on the center line of the hood. I use this ridge to locate the truck in the lane, especially when towing and on back roads. It allows you to keep your eyes on the road instead of checking your mirrors. I am adding a hood ornament to remedy this.
As Ford has not sent me a survey, I will post these here. When I purchased my 2000 new, Ford sent me a survey. I remember I stated they needed an electric sliding rear window on the super and crew cabs, and they must have agreed with me.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:15 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
1. agree.
2. tap the washer button, you get 1 wipe with no spray, push get spray & wipe.
3. wonder if there is an adjustment. mine come on kind of early.
4. yep & the 7 pin connector is kind of close to my pin.
5. i guess it's personal, i kind of like how the center is lower.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:39 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,633 Likes on 1,645 Posts
Originally Posted by Bugzilla46310
1-my other Fords have the cap less gas tank. Love that and assumed Ford went across the board with that. They should have.
2-my other Fords had the feature where you tap the wiper control to get one cycle. Great for those days when it is misting. On the 2016 you need to turn the wipers on and turn them off to get the one cycle.
3-the auto head lights do not come on soon enough. It is too dark when they come on which makes the feature useless.
4-the hitch pin is directly above the safety chain holes which makes it a pain to attach the safety chains. Poor design.
5-there is no ridge on the center line of the hood. I use this ridge to locate the truck in the lane, especially when towing and on back roads. It allows you to keep your eyes on the road instead of checking your mirrors. I am adding a hood ornament to remedy this.
As Ford has not sent me a survey, I will post these here. When I purchased my 2000 new, Ford sent me a survey. I remember I stated they needed an electric sliding rear window on the super and crew cabs, and they must have agreed with me.
With a diesel........no capless tank= good! Dodge/Ram is having some issues getting water in the fuel from what I have read! And I will take the cap over problems!
If push the wiper control quickly, I get 1 swipe!
If I think the headlights need to be on, I throw my hat over the sensor!
I guess I have no problem attatching pr detaching chains!
And I have no problem locating center of hood on the shoulder of the road where I want it!
Seems to me like your problems are kind of subjective! Every vehicle made has their own ideosynchrosies, and we either have to adjust to them, or find one that suits us as individuals better!

Old 06-02-2016, 02:59 AM
Earlthegoat2
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The capless fill on both my 2012 Focuses is garbage. CEL intermittently for three years now about the same in each vehicle caused by this. Same thing on a previously owned 2010 Escape.

Easily my least favorite feature of newer Fords. In my opinion the lack of this feature on the SDs is a blessing.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:37 AM
onebadv2
Mountain Pass

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't if funny how one persons dislikes make another person smile. I mean, the dislikes listed aren't really that bad to me but I'm sure they are to the op. I cant imagine trying to come up with a fresh vehicle every year or so and covering all the little things that make our vehicles either loved by us or just liked.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Only thing I dislike so far is the payment. Part of life.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:41 AM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
1.Capless fill isn't possible on the SD because it really needs to be covered to protect from debris and that wouldn't be possible for the guys that remove the box and install a service body. I prefer the cap anyway, it's not that much work to remove it.

2. just tap the wash button and you'll get a swipe

3. Turn the lights on manually if you think you need them, it's not that hard to reach over and turn a switch.

4. I agree on this one and have had some issues before.

5. No problems here, I just learned to use the edge of the hood as a guide.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Bugzilla46310
Laughing Gas
Received 282 Likes on 152 Posts
Seems to me like your problems are kind of subjective! Every vehicle made has their own ideosynchrosies, and we either have to adjust to them, or find one that suits us as individuals better![/QUOTE]

Totally subjective. I could be totally praising of the truck, but bitchen is so much more fun! I recall Malloly (sic?) stated how Ford was doing so much standardizing of the lines to save cost, which is good. Yet all three of my recent Fords, 2013 Explorer, 2015 Fusion traded on the 2016 F350 could standardize much more across the line yet maintain their uniqueness.

Oh, one more dislike. The rear view camera on the Fusion would stay on till you went forward about 3-5 mph. At first this annoyed me but then I found it useful. Would like to see if the dealer can program the rv camera on the Superduty to do the same.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:25 AM
ntxford
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill chime in
dislike - no way to monitor tire pressure. Had a 10 year old GM that does this.
Sticker for 57000 and the tailgate lock is manual! Gas f250
Wife had a 2016 explorer and the push button start would be nice in the truck.
Other than that love the truck.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,633 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Totally subjective. I could be totally praising of the truck, but bitchen is so much more fun! I recall Malloly (sic?) stated how Ford was doing so much standardizing of the lines to save cost, which is good. Yet all three of my recent Fords, 2013 Explorer, 2015 Fusion traded on the 2016 F350 could standardize much more across the line yet maintain their uniqueness.

Oh, one more dislike. The rear view camera on the Fusion would stay on till you went forward about 3-5 mph. At first this annoyed me but then I found it useful. Would like to see if the dealer can program the rv camera on the Superduty to do the same.
I made some changes to the way my back up screen showed the colored blocks when approaching an object while backing up to a trailer by using the nav/ myfordtouch screen. It may be possible to change the settings from there, or in the center productivity screen. Maybe someone else will chime in here. Good luck, and have a great day!

Last edited by Desert Don; 06-02-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-02-2016, 09:58 AM
ssunit1
Laughing Gas
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ntxford
Ill chime in
dislike - no way to monitor tire pressure. Had a 10 year old GM that does this.
Sticker for 57000 and the tailgate lock is manual! Gas f250
Wife had a 2016 explorer and the push button start would be nice in the truck.
Other than that love the truck.

I agree with the push button start. I think it would definitely cut down on the theft rate.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:00 AM
ssunit1
Laughing Gas
Seems to me like your problems are kind of subjective! Every vehicle made has their own ideosynchrosies, and we either have to adjust to them, or find one that suits us as individuals better!

Oh, one more dislike. The rear view camera on the Fusion would stay on till you went forward about 3-5 mph. At first this annoyed me but then I found it useful. Would like to see if the dealer can program the rv camera on the Superduty to do the same.[/QUOTE]

I just recently noticed that mine does stay on but I think its until about 2-3 mph.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Wambo
Junior User
Regarding the rear view camera delay (remaining on for a few seconds):

2015 F350 manual, page 177:

"Rear Camera Delay
When shifting the transmission out of reverse (R) and into any gear other than park (P), the camera image remains in the display until your vehicle speed reaches
6 mph (10 km/h) or 10 seconds elapses. This occurs when the rear camera delay feature is ON.
Selectable settings for this feature are ON and OFF. The default setting for the rear camera delay is OFF."

Hope that helps.
-W

Old 06-02-2016, 10:12 AM
ssunit1
Laughing Gas
I know who I'm going to if I have questions about what the manual says.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:44 PM
montauk1
Mountain Pass
My '16 Super Duty is only about 300 miles old, so we are just getting to know each other. So far I don't like the lack of storage in the console. I could do without the cup holders, & more room in the console for "junk", even the lower compartment isn't very deep. The console in my Ram was like a cave. I have the Super Cab, so I also miss the storage under the rear seat.
John

Quick Reply: What I do not like a with my 2016 Superduty