6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sad Days Guys....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:18 AM
JimPat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad Days Guys....

Well, my truck is gone. Circumstances are forcing us to sell off everything and hit the road. I got royally screwed by the "company" that hired me out of the military and then proceeded to breach every agreement and compensation contract we made. I've waited a year but the kids are out of school next week and there is nothing down here for us....so, we're hitting the road.

Sold the F-250 yesterday along with the wife's mini-van. Selling all the stuff we put together down here in Alabama. Buying a Class A RV and hitting the road and homeschooling the kids until I can find some work.

Bought a Jeep Wrangler as a "tow-behind" the RV.

Driving off the lot, my guts were in a knot as I really, REALLY liked my truck. Best damned vehicle I've over had.

Hopefully things will turn around and I'll be able to get another in the future. Until then, I'll monitor the forums occasionally to see what's going on with ya'll.

Take care....it's been a lot of fun.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry for your troubles Jim. Stay positive, and enjoy your travels. I hope you can find good work soon, and get another truck. Best of luck to you, and thank you for your service.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:06 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Good luck Jim. I hope things turn around for you.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,630 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Sorry for your troubles, sir.Hope thingd get turned around for you soon.
Thank you for your service!

Old 05-20-2016, 07:24 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,061 Likes on 2,214 Posts
Good luck Jim! I'm sure it will all work out Good luck!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:00 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Best of Wishes. Nice thing about the RV is that there is a new life around the next bend in the road. Make sure to explore every road you take.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:01 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JimPat
Well, my truck is gone. Circumstances are forcing us to sell off everything and hit the road. I got royally screwed by the "company" that hired me out of the military and then proceeded to breach every agreement and compensation contract we made. I've waited a year but the kids are out of school next week and there is nothing down here for us....so, we're hitting the road.

Sold the F-250 yesterday along with the wife's mini-van. Selling all the stuff we put together down here in Alabama. Buying a Class A RV and hitting the road and homeschooling the kids until I can find some work.

Bought a Jeep Wrangler as a "tow-behind" the RV.

Driving off the lot, my guts were in a knot as I really, REALLY liked my truck. Best damned vehicle I've over had.

Hopefully things will turn around and I'll be able to get another in the future. Until then, I'll monitor the forums occasionally to see what's going on with ya'll.

Take care....it's been a lot of fun.
There's work in Texas. The oil and gas exploration side has pretty much stopped, but there is still a ton of midstream and production work that pays well.

Shoot, lots of LEAs are hiring also.

Thanks for your service! Don't be a stranger.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:06 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Jim, while there are no guarantees in life, often when something like this happens, a new chapter starts. I've heard (and experienced) stories like this before where the person looks back saying wow, if that never happened, we would have missed all "this." Here's to hoping whatever is next for you is ten fold better than what you are leaving behind!

Old 05-20-2016, 09:42 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Jim,
It sounds like you are making lemonaid out of lemons. I wish you all the best, this will be an adventure that your kids will carry the rest of their lives. Sometimes change is good, even though it doesn't seem like it at the time.
It sounds like you and your wife have decided to make this a positive for everyone. Enjoy the journey and thank you for your service.
Pat

Old 05-20-2016, 10:07 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Best of luck. Being retired Army myself sometimes folks don't do so well for a few years. It will turn around for you though.

When you buy your truck again, buy a 5th wheel. Great way to get around as well.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Canvas Man
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jim, sorry to hear about your SNAFU, prayers going out to you and yours. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I know that in order to make good soup, you gotta light a fire under the pot. Safe travels and thank you for your service.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Been there done that, made the change and it all works out. At least you are able to get a RV and a vehicle to tow behind. Many don't get that soft of a try again landing. Thanks for your service. and I hope things work out for the better for you. I'm sure you will get back into a truck again at some point.

You might want to post what you are looking for here - a lot of folks here are in different industries and states and can point you in the right direction. May even work for a company that needs someone. Law Enforcement Agencies needs people badly all over the U.S. and so does T.S.A. If you have a pulse and a clean background TSA will hire you in Alaska.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Good luck Jim, hope things turn around for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy your newfound freedom.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Joe/GA
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Jim. I wish you the best and thank you for your service. Sometimes God does things we don't understand, but if you have faith, He will take care of you.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 AM
JimPat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, spot on with the advice and Thank you!! I concur on things happen for a reason; I may not yet understand the "why" or "how", but there is a reason. We're rolling with the punches and making the best of a situation. It's not getting knocked down that is determinative...it's getting back up. You just need to keep getting back up. Things will work out, of that I am confident. I just REALLY miss my truck!!! Man....didn't think I'd miss it that much. But, this too shall pass and we'll get to make some incredible memories with the kids.

Many people wish they could do what we are about to do. Upon retiring I thought about it but when actually faced with the decision....went with the security for the kids. The "security" did not work out and therefor we'll hit the road and have the "great adventure" until this works out.

Thanks to all of you. I'll still check back and monitor the forums as I'll get another truck sometime in the future. Best to you all and thank you for the well-wishes. Jim

Quick Reply: Sad Days Guys....