Shake under load

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:11 AM
Calvin13
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shake under load

Looking for help or possibly answers.

I bought a 2015 Eco boost (3.5) super crew cab long box (6.5)
Truck is amazing besides I can't put any weight in the box. I have put about 600 lbs of rocks in one time and a 900 lb motor cycle in it the other, both times I do this from a start the truck shakes terribly bad ( shake out a drink in the cup holder) up until about 30kph. The truck I believe is suppose to be carry up to 3300 lbs so I don't believe I'm anywhere close to my limit.

The shake gets worse on a hill ( I imagine it's more load) doesn't make a difference if I slowly crawl to 30 kph or punch it... Just shakes really bad.

I have taken it for Ford and they took my truck apart ( drive line and went over U joints) and say there is nothing wrong. I took the transmission guy from Ford out and he claims its "due to the drive line angle" and "there is definately a shake there" he said I could put shims in but then it would shake with no load. He said I could put air bags in and that might fix it. For now there is no fix Ford has said "it won't wreck anything" and i will just have to live with the shake.

I am extremely frustrated with the outcome and looking for some possible solutions for a fix because I now have a brand new truck ( less then 3000 km) that I can't put anything in the box and use it like a truck.

Thank you for reading this

Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 AM
srb1194
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is totally unacceptable and I agree with you. There are customer service representatives on this site from Ford. Perhaps they'll get involved to give you some assistance. Best of luck.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:57 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
I've hauled our ~~ 850 lb ATV in the back w/o any shaking whatsoever. Ours is nearly identical: 2015 super-crew, 3.5L EB, 4x4, 6.5' box, etc. Our engine is smooth as the belly of a Calico cat.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:40 AM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck has ~500lbs. in the bed constantly - no shakes. This is definitely not normal. I'd suggest getting Ford involved yourself (you can PM @FordService on here) and documenting everything, in case this turns into a lemon/buyback situation.

Have you taken the truck to another dealership?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Stock suspension?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Calvin13
New User
Good to know others with the same truck are not having the same issue as I love the truck and would hate to have to get something else.

Frantz it still has everything stock on the truck besides a spray in box linear and box cover.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm surprised they would suggest shimming if it's stock and everything was reported tight. The good news is, as you say, it's not characteristic of the truck, just something somewhere is off on yours. Good luck and let us know if you hunt it down!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Grelda1975
5th Wheeling
I have the same truck (crew cab 6.5 ft box) and it also shakes at low speeds with a load in the box. Im away for the summer but it's going to ford to be checked out as soon as I get home. It is very irritating.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Calvin13
New User
So an update about 2 weeks ago the finally shimmed my truck and I took it on holidays and it still has the shake under load which is 4 people in the cab and camping gear (300lbs ish).

I just don't understand how I keep getting the run around instead of a truck that should haul stuff like a truck. I bought new so it wouldn't have issues thus far I haven't told anyone to buy a Ford so disappointed with the service here but apparently the dealership where i live is not good service.

I guess I go to Ford again to try to get them to fix the issue

Old 07-11-2016, 02:25 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Drive a truck on their lot with the same wheelbase. If there is no vibration have them swap the rear driveshafts. Could also be the carrier bearing as the 157" WB has a two piece rear drive shaft. They should swap the entire assembly. It more than likely is coming from one of the dive shafts or the carrier bearing.

Remember, you dont have to take it to the dealer you bought it at for warranty service.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:45 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Are you close or convenient to just one Ford dealer? A second opinion may not hurt.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Very odd...typically vibrations that start when loaded are driveline-angle related. I can't think of much else in the truck that would care about load like that.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:50 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
Very odd...typically vibrations that start when loaded are driveline-angle related. I can't think of much else in the truck that would care about load like that.
Might also be a motor mount. Hard to believe on a new truck, but I guess things can happen.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Special Ed
Elder User
Originally Posted by Calvin13
Looking for help or possibly answers.

I bought a 2015 Eco boost (3.5) super crew cab long box (6.5)
Truck is amazing besides I can't put any weight in the box. I have put about 600 lbs of rocks in one time and a 900 lb motor cycle in it the other, both times I do this from a start the truck shakes terribly bad ( shake out a drink in the cup holder) up until about 30kph. The truck I believe is suppose to be carry up to 3300 lbs so I don't believe I'm anywhere close to my limit.

The shake gets worse on a hill ( I imagine it's more load) doesn't make a difference if I slowly crawl to 30 kph or punch it... Just shakes really bad.

I have taken it for Ford and they took my truck apart ( drive line and went over U joints) and say there is nothing wrong. I took the transmission guy from Ford out and he claims its "due to the drive line angle" and "there is definately a shake there" he said I could put shims in but then it would shake with no load. He said I could put air bags in and that might fix it. For now there is no fix Ford has said "it won't wreck anything" and i will just have to live with the shake.

I am extremely frustrated with the outcome and looking for some possible solutions for a fix because I now have a brand new truck ( less then 3000 km) that I can't put anything in the box and use it like a truck.

Thank you for reading this
Here are some good reads that I posted on another forum. I was having same issue & Ford just gave me the runaround for 3 months with 3 different dealerships. Few things you can do to help eliminate in the reads. Hope it helps:
Drivetrain Shudder/Vibration on take off - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Old 07-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Calvin13
New User
Update

Another update. My truck is at Ford for the 4 th time and they have kept to their story saying this is normal and that all trucks including 1 tons do it. I can't believe they can sell a truck that does this and not have to do anything about it !!

Going to take another truck for a test tomorrow and see what happens. If nothing comes of it then I will be contacting Ford above the local dealership because I've never felt so ripped off before.

Quick Reply: Shake under load