1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

What's the Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 02:50 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by instig8r63
In the event that I give up here, I'll be available at Fordification.
I was active at Fordification for a good while before I really ever started posting here. Things have been really slow over there for a while now.

Posting photos of trucks, parts, diagrams, etc. over there, to give a pictorial representation of something I'm trying to explain, is a lot more of a pain at Fordification, compared to here. My Photobucket is filled to the gills and now, everytime I go to add a new photo in Photobucket, it deletes one of my older photos.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:00 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraranger
I was active at Fordification for a good while before I really ever started posting here. Things have been really slow over there for a while now.

Posting photos of trucks, parts, diagrams, etc. over there, to give a pictorial representation of something I'm trying to explain, is a lot more of a pain at Fordification, compared to here. My Photobucket is filled to the gills and now, everytime I go to add a new photo in Photobucket, it deletes one of my older photos.
A pain? In what way? I don't have any problems there at all. I also don't have to put up with the corporate BS pop-ups and ads that I encounter here. I can request help from a mod there and it doesn't have to go through 14 people before something gets done.
This place took a big dump when Internet Brands took over. Great bunch of posters here but the site is corporate BS. We don't have that problem at Fordification.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:10 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exactly. I've made that request several times, with only one response. I was told that I could change my username for a fee (join FTE Club.) I then asked if a specific username was available if I did decide to join. Nothing but crickets. I asked again...crickets.
I think if they ever do decide to contact me, I'll ask that my account be deleted.
It's been policy for a long time that we only do username changes for Supporters, and then only once. It's amazing how many requests we get for people who use a specific truck in their username and then sell the truck so they want a name change, or something like that. If we did it all the time for everyone, we'd never get anything else done, and no one would know who anyone else was because there'd be all these new unfamiliar usernames on the site all the time! And if you want to check to see if a specific username is already in use, just search for it under the members tab, it's not hard for you to check it yourself. Also, we don't delete accounts so if you should decide to move on, just stop posting, nothing else needs to be done. Although, you know you'd be missed...

Originally Posted by Krewat
Once you're subscribed to a thread, you will get notifications even if you turn it off. You need to click the unsubscribe link in the email you get but it only works for THAT thread.
Yes, for THAT thread, but you CAN turn them all off.
There are a couple of options for this, not sure exactly which one does what so you may need to experiment a bit. If you go to your UserCP/Edit Options and scroll down to Messaging and Notifications, then scroll on to Default Thread Subscription Mode, a couple of the choices are Do Not Subscribe, which I believe will let you post in any thread without subscribing to it and therefore receive no email notifications but it will also not show up in your UserCP under New Subscribed Threads, which is handy to have if you want to get to the thread quickly in order to check it for new posts. If you select No Email Notification it should (I think) let you post in a thread and be subscribed to it but get no notifications. But I don't think there is an option to let you get notification for one thread only, if you should find one that you do want to receive notifications on but not any others.

And I'm probably going to need to move this thread to GNAC soon, as it contains zero truck tech and I'm sure I'll get a complaint soon...

Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 PM
instig8r63
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerDan
It's been policy for a long time that we only do username changes for Supporters, and then only once. It's amazing how many requests we get for people who use a specific truck in their username and then sell the truck so they want a name change, or something like that. If we did it all the time for everyone, we'd never get anything else done, and no one would know who anyone else was because ther4'd be all these new unfamiliar usernames on the site all the time! And if you want to check to see if a specific username is already in use, just search for it under the members tab, it's not hard for you to check it yourself. Also, we don't delete accounts so if you should decide to move on, just stop posting, nothing else needs to be done. Although, you know you'd be missed......
There was a similar username listed with a different spelling. I specifically asked if a certain username was available if I agreed to be a supporter. The only response twice was that I could change my username if I forked over some cash. The response never addressed whether or not the name I wanted would be available. It isn't about money, I have plenty. My beef is for the lack of customer service. I would've gladly paid but the correspondence from the website ended at the amount they requested. Give me what I want and I'll pay the price. Dictate and I'll be somewhere else. I'm not on this website because I'm looking for advice, I'm here to help others. I don't know everything and I learn something new everyday. I was willing to pay to get what I wanted but I couldn't get the courtesy of a return PM.
BobbyFord out.
Please delete my account.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:31 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know who you talked to but it wasn't me. I just tried to offer some advice to you and point you in right direction but it seems your mind is already made up.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:59 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
I'm not on this website because I'm looking for advice, I'm here to help others. I don't know everything and I learn something new everyday. I was willing to pay to get what I wanted but I couldn't get the courtesy of a return PM.
BobbyFord out.
Please delete my account.
I sincerely hope you reconsider and return Bobby. The best I can do to show you that you will be missed is changing You on my last post of the Kingdom. Which I have done. There are a whole lot of us that follow this.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:21 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh Yeah, I'll miss Bobby's stone face with those black circles around his peepers.
Yes Bobby will be missed, he's always has some good advise or comments about something. May take a break from all this for a while. Sometimes we all need a little vacation.
Orich

Old 04-18-2016, 08:11 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Geez, try to help a fellow out, and you get someone else's panties in a bunch.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:22 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Geez, try to help a fellow out, and you get someone else's panties in a bunch.

I appreciate your help in quickly resolving the issue I was having with my account.

As for Bobby, he's a good guy and has helped a lot of people here. I hate to see him go. I guess he just got tired of not getting his account issues resolved in a timely manner. If you've ever been on the 'customer's side of the counter' and not had your issue resolved without a major hassle, you can probably understand the frustration of it all.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:41 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
It seems to me, from the limited amount of information in this thread, that he didn't try very hard.

Much like the tech people who are here to help others, moderators are doing much the same thing. We are volunteers, no one gets paid for doing this.

If one of us isn't giving the answers you (or instig8r63) need, ask another.

Service tickets are for specific things, for example, a service that's not working, or like what happened to you. For things that require a decision based on a user's participation or some further discussion, contacting a moderator who can then pass it up the chain can be a better way to resolve it.

In instig8r63's case, it appears that not all was done to help them out, but then I also suspect there's more than meets the eye. We can dig into it further if he didn't already rage-quit

Old 04-18-2016, 04:44 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
It seems to me, from the limited amount of information in this thread, that he didn't try very hard.

Much like the tech people who are here to help others, moderators are doing much the same thing. We are volunteers, no one gets paid for doing this.

If one of us isn't giving the answers you (or instig8r63) need, ask another.

Service tickets are for specific things, for example, a service that's not working, or like what happened to you. For things that require a decision based on a user's participation or some further discussion, contacting a moderator who can then pass it up the chain can be a better way to resolve it.

In instig8r63's case, it appears that not all was done to help them out, but then I also suspect there's more than meets the eye. We can dig into it further if he didn't already rage-quit
Well I volunteer my "thanks" for helping out Art. I hope one day soon Bobby will log back in out of curiosity. See a thread he can help with. Post on it. And then end up back at least to some degree. At that time he may ask again for his BobbyFord. I hope the "chain" works smoothly then.