Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2015 ecoboost 2.7

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Angelo316
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ecoboost 2.7

OK here we go I've been hearing a lot about the new 2.7 ecoboost good on gas no problems so I brought one 5 months ago brand new and at 18000 miles the transmission went out Driving it down the road and it. Died out when to start it back up and it was making a tick tick noise put it in drive and didn't move so took it to the dealership they told me it needs a transmission pump and a torque converter and gaskets and they want and even give me a rental car even though I was under factory warranty so for all you people out there looking to buy this truck with this engine STAY AWAY THERE JUNK nothing but problem after problem ford still can't get it right I'm so Disappointed

Old 02-18-2016, 10:41 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Your story is as rare as seeing an albino elk.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:29 AM
Angelo316
New User
Buddy my story is real is its gonna get my truck is still in service waiting for Tranny parts there not replacing it there rebuilding it bud my cousin bought one last week also a 2015 2.7 and his Tranny is shifting hard it's going in service today ford has a promblem with these trucks and they need to get it fixed fast

Old 02-19-2016, 02:06 AM
buzam
Junior User
The transmission is the same across the F150 platform. So blaming a transmission failure on the engine.... is... stupid....

Also, failures happen, ford is fixing it, and by no means is this a common problem.

Troll???

Old 02-19-2016, 03:30 AM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Angelo316
I'm so Disappointed
And I'm so disappointed with how you butchered the English language.

Let's take a look at the facts:
Brand new account just to talk crap about the 2.7EB
Describes a problem that actually isn't related to the motor at all, but rather the transmission (which is the same transmission in all F150s)
Poor grammar and spelling
When questioned, immediately adds "well, my brother has one and it sucks too!" line

Conclusion: troll. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Old 02-19-2016, 05:25 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Angelo316
OK here we go I've been hearing a lot about the new 2.7 ecoboost good on gas no problems so I brought one 5 months ago brand new and at 18000 miles the transmission went out Driving it down the road and it. Died out when to start it back up and it was making a tick tick noise put it in drive and didn't move so took it to the dealership they told me it needs a transmission pump and a torque converter and gaskets and they want and even give me a rental car even though I was under factory warranty so for all you people out there looking to buy this truck with this engine STAY AWAY THERE JUNK nothing but problem after problem ford still can't get it right I'm so Disappointed
Welcome to FTE.

Sorry for your issues. The others have a point, better grammar and punctuation make for a more enjoyable read. Likewise, joining just to rant doesn't usually sit well with our community of enthusiasts. I hope you didn't treat your dealer like this.

The transmission in your truck is the same that came with the 2009 trucks except for some software updates. This is not a common problem. The good thing is, you are under warranty and it's Ford's problem.

The car rental would be automatic and unquestioned if you had an extended service plan (ESP), but, you clearly do not since a rental wasn't offered.

Good luck with your truck.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:21 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Declaring an entire vehicle junk because of an under-warranty failure seems a bit narrow-minded to me. Everything breaks, even the most reliable designs.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:50 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tvsjr

Describes a problem that actually isn't related to the motor at all, but rather the transmission (which is the same transmission in all F150s)
When questioned, immediately adds "well, my brother has one and it sucks too!" line

This...2x. We are open to dialog here, but you're just ranting. Your post isn't helpful, won't stop people from buying the truck and does nothing to help solve your problem.

Mods should delete this tread.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:05 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Everyone has a right express themselves in a respectful manner. Once that line is crossed............

Old 02-19-2016, 03:08 PM
winged1dur
Senior User
Originally Posted by tvsjr

Don't come back until you have cut down the tallest tree in the forest wiiiiith ........a herring!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
18000 miles in 5 months? so 3600 a month. Seems like some excessive driving, but maybe I'm too much of a homebody.

And I agree with the others, it's so much more enjoyable to hear some one rant about the trucks we love, when they use the English language correctly.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:54 PM
elemint
Elder User
Sorry to hear about your truck. I am completely dumbfounded why Ford is unable to, or why they refuse to make the effort to make a bullet proof transmission. Decade after decade I hear about transmission failures. How????

Old 02-19-2016, 06:57 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Nothing with moving parts is bullet proof. Hell, if a company sold 800,000 anvils a year there would still be people who found a way to break them.

Anyone remember the new cars and trucks of the late 70s and early 80s? There's a reason so few are around. I think things are much better these days.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by elemint
Sorry to hear about your truck. I am completely dumbfounded why Ford is unable to, or why they refuse to make the effort to make a bullet proof transmission. Decade after decade I hear about transmission failures. How????
You're honestly asking how the single most complex part of the truck can fail on rare occasion?

I participate in a handful of vehicle forums, and have for just about every vehicle I've owned. I've seen transmission and engine failures in all of them, including late model Hondas and Toyotas. The 6R80 has been fitted to one of the most popular vehicles in the world for almost seven years. There are quite literally millions of them on the road, and that's not counting all the BMWs on the road using the same ZF-designed transmission. It's downright rare to hear of a failure here on FTE, and I can't remember reading of one on the other two F150 forums I'm part of.

You've been our resident pessimist for awhile now, so this is no surprise. I'm not gonna change your mind, but I think it's worthwhile to put your negativity into perspective.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:59 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Hes probably one that could break an iron ball..............?

Quick Reply: 2015 ecoboost 2.7