Sponsored by:

Excursion purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Kbranger
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excursion purchase

My wife and I are seriously considering purchasing an Excursion and don't know anybody that owns one and would just like a little input from experienced owners. We will be looking for a used one and are wondering about engine choices between the diesel and the v10, and if there is anything specific to the Excursion that I should me looking out for. Thanks for any input.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:40 PM
PowerStroke6L
New User
Excursion purchase

My wife and I just traded our 2000 4x4 PSD 7.3 Excursion Limited for a new 2003 4x4 PSD 6.0 Excursion Limited .It has more power ,less diesel noise and the new 5speed TorqueShift AT makes the combination work better all around. But if you get a used one with the 7.3 they are great also. The V10 versions are going for a much lower price so if money is tight then that might be the way to go.

Joe

Old 08-10-2003, 10:50 AM
ExcursionUSA
Senior User
Thumbs up Excursion purchase

I bought a new 2003 Excursion Limited 4x4 in February. I was going back and forward between the diesel and the gas, and finally decided for the V10 gas engine. I am in real estate and my main concern was the noise of the diesel. The new diesel just came out at this point, so I really didn't wanted to spend the extra 5 grand or so.

So far we have driven the X from FL to Michigan and back and I am absolutely a fan of this vehicle! Happy with everything, from handeling, space, towing, comfort, etc. (Ok, the fuel milage is not the greatest, but it's a truck, not a mini van!)

Anyway, if I have the choice again for a truck: It definatly would be another Excursion. I give ford a full 10 for this vehicle.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact me at PPPOWER96(No Email Addresses In Posts!). Hope I could help you out!

Old 09-05-2003, 01:18 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 325 Likes on 171 Posts
Excursion purchase

Well it all depends on what you want. The Diesel, first of all, will probably get better mileage than the V-10. I get about 16 or 17 mpg on average with a K&N filter. Even without the filter I got more than 16 mpg. In addition to that the Diesel might be a good way to go with gas prices being what they are. I've driven a V-10 Excursion before and I don't have any problems with it at all. It's a good engine that provides a sufficient amount of hp and torque to move the vehicle. The V-10 can be efficient, just don't keep your foot to the floor, otherwise you'll get a huge hit in your wallet when it comes to gas.

That's just my 2c

I hope this helps.