Computer Chips & Tuners  

Service Question for SD's with Diablo chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:05 PM
rockfiv0
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking my truck in for service on Monday. I am wondering can they still service the truck with the Diablo chip installed? Lately I have been having problems with the truck stalling on the highway (at high speeds) for no apparent reason. Also, the damn "door ajar" light stays on which naturally keeps the dome light on for about ten minutes. (real fun driving at night).

As I was asking, can I leave the chip in place as long as I tell them it is installed, or will I have to find time to remove the chip???

Old 08-07-2003, 09:00 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If the truck is stalling, disconnect the battery, take the chip out and clean the connector with a little ammonia. Let it dry and reinstall. If that doesn't solve it then its not the chip.

When taking it in for service disconnect the battery, remove the chip and turn the headlight switch to the on position for 15-30 minutes. This will clear any codes in the computer. If you leave the chip on they'll get false diagnostic codes, including a code that says the computer's ROM check is failing (this is normal with a chip) and they may try to change the computer out when it doesn't need to be.