North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Official NCFTE Works Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 04:09 PM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Could do an rsk with his old springs, should put it around the same height it is now.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Finally finished pulling the radiator core support to replace the bushings and figure out why it doesn't look straight. Found that it has a couple of cracks\tears on one side, so I'll be getting it welded up this weekend, then cleaned up and put back on.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 AM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Finally finished pulling the radiator core support to replace the bushings and figure out why it doesn't look straight. Found that it has a couple of cracks\tears on one side, so I'll be getting it welded up this weekend, then cleaned up and put back on.

I need to show you my old one, it was in two separate pieces. The hood latch was held up by the battery cable retaining clips.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:27 AM
FordTruckfan89
Fleet Mechanic
Finally getting to a finishing point on the rubicon, just have to mount the winch, get the racks and bumper powdercoated and wire in the reverse light.

Attached Images    
Old 02-14-2017, 10:16 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome and fun.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
You know how good something feels after it's been bad for so long? And you're like how in the world was I dealing with it before.

Huge difference. I don't have to fight it anymore. One handed steering. Hardly any body roll and tracks straight. The steering wheel is lined up again. Doesn't want to put me in the ditch when I hit the brakes. Gained about three inches in the front and two in the back. Which gives it a nice stance. Only slightly raked from back to front but almost even. About a 1/2" higher in the rear.

I took a photo of all the parts they replaced. I'll post it when I get the chance. I kept all my take offs.

Dustin might be right about not fitting in the parking deck anymore.
Good deal James, with all of that work, and new parts I bet it really feels nice to drive. I'd go slow into that parking garage at that "Yuppy" burger place.

Sounds like a nice project Josh. Good weather headed this way too. Let me know when you'r ready to move that Jap thing out of the back yard. I'm staying on Tim to get somebody to take it, when your ready.

Originally Posted by FordTruckfan89
Finally getting to a finishing point on the rubicon, just have to mount the winch, get the racks and bumper powdercoated and wire in the reverse light.
Looks like you've come a long way Dusty. I can't wait to "Darth Bob" it!

Old 02-15-2017, 04:26 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got me a project for the weekend, neither front windows on the new truck work right. Ordered the front window motor and regulators as well as door lock actuators for both. I got both sides cheaper shipped than any local parts house wanted for just one side. Those should be here tomorrow hopefully and weather looks nice for Saturday.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:42 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
It's usually worth taking the time and shopping around for parts.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by ubereal2
It's usually worth taking the time and shopping around for parts.
I hate rock auto because of past issues, but for $200 shipped verse almost $400 local.... I had to go with them.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77mud
I hate rock auto because of past issues, but for $200 shipped verse almost $400 local.... I had to go with them.
That's me from here on out with Crutchfield. One time, and it was a disaster, and it will not, happen again.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:27 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I did get the new stereo installed this morning. I really like it, looks nice, sounds nice, and a lot of extra functions using that idatalink.
The picture on the screen is of a DVD that I put in to have something to listen to, and check out the DVD player.
The DVD is called Animusic. It's actually pretty sweet to listen to.

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2017, 04:47 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Looks good Bob!

Old 02-17-2017, 06:02 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 77mud
Looks good Bob!
Thanks Larry
One day maybe, I'll figure out how to use it.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:34 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I need to show you my old one, it was in two separate pieces. The hood latch was held up by the battery cable retaining clips.
This truck has been beat, un-maintained and used hard. But I still only surface zero rust, and no major rust yet.

Looking good. Nice job on the restoration.

Originally Posted by ubereal2
I did get the new stereo installed this morning. I really like it, looks nice, sounds nice, and a lot of extra functions using that idatalink.
The picture on the screen is of a DVD that I put in to have something to listen to, and check out the DVD player.
The DVD is called Animusic. It's actually pretty sweet to listen to.
Well the install must have gone smoothly, I don't see any tread marks from Ka'Bluey or bullet holes! Looks good!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Well the install must have gone smoothly, I don't see any tread marks from Ka'Bluey or bullet holes! Looks good!
Y'all make me sound like a monster .
But yes, it couldn't have gone together any better than it did. Now to get everything set, and sounding like I want it too.

Quick Reply: Official NCFTE Works Thread