Symptoms:
Gauges Inop
Courtest lights inop
Wipers inop
Key fob inop.
Mirrors inop
No power to Trailer fuses

What I've done......

I've looked everywhere for a loose/chafed/cut/pinched wire/ground no luck.

Everything pointed to the GEM being bad. Installed new(factory) GEM. gauges worked courtesy lights worked. and then bam, nothing again.

disconnected mirrors removed bulbs, disconnected window, locks, light switches.......replaced all bulbs, quadrouple checked fuses for power and continuity. re arranged all the relays just in case one was sticking or bad.

Then all by chance. I hold driver door lock switch down and BAM! everything works as advertised as long as the door lock switch is held down.............so now I'm just scratching my head and not sure where to look.

I can't find a pinout for grounds off the GEM, but from my understanding the door locks don't have anything to do with the gem.

Any help would be appreciated

Old 12-12-2015, 09:05 PM
T-wood
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
I had a problem with my gem. It caused my windows and radio not to work. Mine was the accessory delay items wouldn't work at all. Like the module thought the delay was over and cut power to those items always. I figured out how to jumper windows (handy to have towing) and eventually found a fix that wired around the gem. Now the ignition has to be on for my radio or windows to work. Once I knew accessory delay I was able to google and find a solution.

I don't know that this helps. But if you can find a similarity. Maybe location of those items in fusebox? Makes me think a signal from ignition or key.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:46 PM
not4show
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you jump wire out of the GEM or Bypass completely.

Anyone have a pinout schematic for the GEM?

Old 03-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Steven99
New User
Same problem

I've got the same thing going on. Been chasing wires all over truck, found a few breaks and bad grounds. Still getting draw on battery and nothing works on dash unless I push and hold lock unlock switch (I use a rubber band). Was going to replace gem but want to make sure that's what it is first. Now I really wonder. Have any luck figuring yours out?
Originally Posted by not4show
Hi All,

Truck: 2000 7.3 F250, 4x4 ESOF, Key fob(no alarm), auto 280K miles
Symptoms:
Gauges Inop
Courtest lights inop
Wipers inop
Key fob inop.
Mirrors inop
No power to Trailer fuses

What I've done......

I've looked everywhere for a loose/chafed/cut/pinched wire/ground no luck.

Everything pointed to the GEM being bad. Installed new(factory) GEM. gauges worked courtesy lights worked. and then bam, nothing again.

disconnected mirrors removed bulbs, disconnected window, locks, light switches.......replaced all bulbs, quadrouple checked fuses for power and continuity. re arranged all the relays just in case one was sticking or bad.

Then all by chance. I hold driver door lock switch down and BAM! everything works as advertised as long as the door lock switch is held down.............so now I'm just scratching my head and not sure where to look.

I can't find a pinout for grounds off the GEM, but from my understanding the door locks don't have anything to do with the gem.

Any help would be appreciated

Old 03-04-2016, 08:54 PM
not4show
New User
Originally Posted by Steven99
I've got the same thing going on. Been chasing wires all over truck, found a few breaks and bad grounds. Still getting draw on battery and nothing works on dash unless I push and hold lock unlock switch (I use a rubber band). Was going to replace gem but want to make sure that's what it is first. Now I really wonder. Have any luck figuring yours out?

Don't waste Money on the GEM, I'm thinking thats not it.

My issue seems to be a power problem. I've got grounds to everything. And its very intermittent. About half the time it works.

I put a Penny in my lock switch.

I really think its in the Fuseblock. But until I can come up with a spare $300........

I'll keep chase wires and doing the penny thing when it don't work........

I did order a 2016 F350 4x4 CC, LB with all the bells and whistles.........but keeping the 2000 for my boys.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:13 PM
not4show
New User
I also get intermittent when the key fob will work and unlock the drivers door only.

I'm starting to thing it has something to do with the time delay relay.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:36 AM
retiredsparky
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you remove the fuse block, you may find problems with interior electrical connections on the circuit board. Short circuits can cause loss of connection. Some soldering skills may be necessary.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:25 PM
not4show
New User
Replaced fuseblock about a 6 weeks ago now. about a thousand miles and no issues since. I bought a new truck so its mostly just my teenagers that drive it now.